Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 06-02-2013, 10:47 PM
Mighty

Hello, I'm new to Ap

Hello everyone, I'm new to Astral projection as of the starting of this month. I've heard about it year or 2 ago but never followed through in really learning or trying/practicing. Because of a experience i had a few months ago i've decided to learn more about it and research it so here i am.

About 1-3 months ago late december early january i suppose. I was having Sleep paralysis every day to every other day. so around 4-7 times a week. I believe it was because i was staying up until 3-6am, and sleeping all day while waking up every 30min to an hour for around 6 hours.

At the time i was scared, Didn't know what was happening or why it was happening, just heard it was like hibernation for humans or something and it just happens. On one of these SP, i remember being frightened to death and i had a very strong thought / will to move my arms and body as much as i can to get out of this weird state.

I then remember Rolling out of my body, and it felt clear yet weird. i then was freaking out and ran from my room to downstairs and then boom woke up in my bed as if it was a dream or memory and i remember it very vividly. only lasted about 5-15 seconds. Yet i started to research and i believe this was my first AP.

As of recently(past few days) i have been trying to wake up early and focus on my breath so i can acheive Mind awake,Body asleep. But as of yet i have not experienced the "heavy wave" of SP, so i have a few questions.

1.Can i swallow my spit? it feels as if my mouth is filling up slowly with salvia and if i relax my jaw as i should, i feel it welling up and eventually starts to trickle or almost feel as if it going to drown me.

2.If im not successful in reaching SP in my early morning routine. Could i also try it at say 2pm, then 5pm, then 7pm to get more practice to achieve this or try to have them more often, or will that generally not work?(i have a very very Loose schedule and only go to school twice a week so i have alot of time to do whatever.)

3. Do binaural beats work? you can achieve relaxation without it, but does it help you and what beats do you use?

4. What is your routine on trying to Ap?

5. Sometimes my arms or leg will just twitch for like .1 second without me even doing it consciously, will that effect me in any way?

Sorry for the wall of text ^_^, i just want to make sure i have all the information possible to understand all the different steps and ways i can do this.

Hope too also see you all around on the forums.

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 15-02-2013 at 07:47 PM.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:50 PM
Super Moderator
Hey Mighty....that's not what I call a "wall of text"! Let it flow!

OK, that did sound like an AP. Hopefully you will get a nicer one soon. But the first time is often a bit scary as unusual sensations happen. The very disrupted sleep-cycle was undoubtedly what triggered the AP. You naturally achieved "body asleep -mind awake" situation.
But I find the more I think about details like that, the less likely it will be to relax sufficiently to leave the body. I always find it's rather a letting go of everything that works, rather than a trying to remember everything, and get everything analyzed and sorted out. (Of course this doesn't apply once the vibrational state starts -that's when my mind/thoughts/intentions kick in.)

Everyone has different methods, everyone is different. But what I find works for me, is firstly -total relaxation and a "letting-go" of everything, then just lightly skimming the surface of sleep (that is, I let myself fall asleep! But only into a extremely light state, as I have made sure I've had some normal sleep beforehand) During this state the vibrational stage starts apparently of its own accord, and rouses me to full consciousness, when I am already beginning to lift out of my body.
During those preliminaries, the last thing I am feeling/thinking is anything to do with swallowing, saliva etc, or any other body-function. Any more than I would normally be on falling asleep at night.

You can try AP practice any time of day or night, but what will work best is time when you are no way pressured, and can do whatever you like (for instance it probably wouldn't work if you said to yourself "Right, I have one hour, then I must go out shopping...." or "so-an-so is going to call me at six, but I have 30 minutes to practice Astral projection"....or anything like that. It works best when you feel you have all the time in the world, and can drift and "dream".

Meditation to still the mind, total relaxation practice, and anything at all beforehand to set you into a good gentle mood -will all help.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:22 AM
Mighty

Okay awesome. i think i've been "trying" too hard to get into Sp to astral project, and should just let it flow as if i was going to go to bed. I feel alot more relaxed listening to the wind blow, or just nature sounds in general, Would it affect me in any way if i where to turn on some nature music/light flutes?
Old 07-02-2013, 12:28 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty
1.Can i swallow my spit?

Yes. You can continue breathing and pumping blood through your veins, so it's not as if every single muscle must be completely relaxed. The attitude and mindset you hold towards swallowing your saliva, ought to be relaxed-- doesn't mean you don't do it, and let yourself drown. Same if you get an itch in your nose or something: move to scratch it, do so mindfully.

Quote:
2.If im not successful in reaching SP in my early morning routine. Could i also try it at say 2pm, then 5pm, then 7pm to get more practice to achieve this or try to have them more often, or will that generally not work?

I always do my projection meditations in the afternoon, because early in the morning I'm awake after a long often relaxing sleep, and my body just doesn't want to relax again.

Quote:
3. Do binaural beats work?

Not for me, but it does for others.

Quote:
4. What is your routine on trying to Ap?

Works best after I'm physically exhausted but not sleepy. Relax physical body, stretch out voluntary muscles, enter calming meditation, enter proprioception meditation, wait for exit signs. Usually takes about twenty minutes. If it doesn't happen within thirty minutes, I decide that it's not going to happen that day.

Quote:
5. Sometimes my arms or leg will just twitch for like .1 second without me even doing it consciously, will that effect me in any way?

That's called a hypnic jerk, and it might mean that you're falling asleep rather than going meditative. I don't get that before AP, but I do get that before dreaming, so I consider it a good thing to have that snap me back. The physical bodily preparations: stretching, massaging, shaking extremities off for better relaxation once you settle in... those should help in doing away with the hypnic jerks.

Hope this helps!
Old 07-02-2013, 12:54 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty
Okay awesome. i think i've been "trying" too hard to get into Sp to astral project, and should just let it flow as if i was going to go to bed. I feel alot more relaxed listening to the wind blow, or just nature sounds in general, Would it affect me in any way if i where to turn on some nature music/light flutes?

It depends. The music might either help, or distract you. It's something to experiment with. It might suit you.
I always find complete emptiness and silence helps me...but that's just me. I guess I have to completely zone out on anything from this world, even lovely sounds, I have to let go of everything. Not everyone is like that. And music would definitely help set your mood to a nice positive state.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:29 AM
Master
It's funny he mentioned swalling spit because I fell asleep with a piece of candy in my mouth a couple days ago and was in a lucid dream. I swallowed in the dream and tasted the candy in my spit, and thought about the candy being in my physical mouth. Clearly our connection to our physical body is a bit stronger than we are aware of, even when in the planes.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:59 AM
Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
It's funny he mentioned swalling spit because I fell asleep with a piece of candy in my mouth a couple days ago and was in a lucid dream. I swallowed in the dream and tasted the candy in my spit, and thought about the candy being in my physical mouth. Clearly our connection to our physical body is a bit stronger than we are aware of, even when in the planes.

Haha, Awesome. I can't wait until i can finally start Aping and having some lucid dreams. Practice and time eh
Old 07-02-2013, 09:36 PM
Mighty

Last night i experienced something new. I decided instead of trying so hard, to just focus on the darkness with my eyes closed, and the noise you hear in your ears when their is no sound, the eeeeeeeeeehhh sound basically.

Anyways i didn't reach sleep paralysis but at one point i was feeling my entire body tingle, it wasn't vibrations or if it was it was extremely extremely low. it was more tingly and it happend for about 3-10 seconds then i think i may of broke focus on feeling this new sensation, then after about 5-10min it happend again but only for 2-5 seconds. Is this normal or indicate anything? or was this not part of the process. Also for vibrations, i thought they only occur in SP, is that true? or can i get vibrations while still being conscious and my body is still not asleep.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:36 PM
Master
Mighty--

Because I have difficulty relaxing (I remember the feeling of drowning if I didn't swallow, the random itches.)

It always works best for me between sleep cycles. So I usually sleep 3-4 hours at a time and wake up in between. In the second wake up, after I've had a good amount of sleep (and it's 3 or 4 in the morning) is when I do the attempts.

Some can just wake and not move, that way you are already mind awake, body almost asleep. But I usually need to get up for something--bathroom, water.

Many recommend sitting up reading for 45 minutes but I found that that kept me too awake. It was like undoing the relaxation that sleep provided.

As everyone says, it is very unique and everyone has to find their own way.

Good luck.

Lora

P.S. I don't know if they will help you or not, but there is a guy who tries to sell this stuff but has some free videos online that make some good points about sleep and how it works--what that final urge to turn over on your side means, etc. Oh, drats--can't find it now! It's been a long time since I watched them. Will let you know if I find it.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:51 PM
Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Mighty--

Because I have difficulty relaxing (I remember the feeling of drowning if I didn't swallow, the random itches.)

It always works best for me between sleep cycles. So I usually sleep 3-4 hours at a time and wake up in between. In the second wake up, after I've had a good amount of sleep (and it's 3 or 4 in the morning) is when I do the attempts.

Some can just wake and not move, that way you are already mind awake, body almost asleep. But I usually need to get up for something--bathroom, water.

Many recommend sitting up reading for 45 minutes but I found that that kept me too awake. It was like undoing the relaxation that sleep provided.

As everyone says, it is very unique and everyone has to find their own way.

Good luck.

Lora

P.S. I don't know if they will help you or not, but there is a guy who tries to sell this stuff but has some free videos online that make some good points about sleep and how it works--what that final urge to turn over on your side means, etc. Oh, drats--can't find it now! It's been a long time since I watched them. Will let you know if I find it.

Allgood, i think i know what videos your talkign about, like 10min videos and at the end he says and buy my products!

I also found that staying up for 45 minutes at 4am, made me un relaxed, and after trying to do it, hour later i stopped and still couldn't just get too sleep.

What im doing now is waking up at 4:15. take a pee, or get some water and try that. and i got some tingling sensations but never got to SP, I'm waiting until my body finally gets used to waking up at 4:15 so i can just wake up, and fall immediately back into sleep while trying to keep a conscious mind.