Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 03-02-2013, 05:51 PM
sweetbeefaerie

Was this an astral projection experience?

I was with my best friend in the dream. We would travel through this extremely windy/stormyish brick tunnel with window arches in it. It was a faily large tunnel with high walls and the window arches high up on the walls. My best friend would start floating then grab onto the wall so the wind didn't blow her away. I remember in the dream recalling that she is an air sign(a Gemini)so it made sense that she was floating and flying and such. We went to this guy Phil's house(who in real life has sold certain illegal smokable herbs to my friends)to buy said illegal herbs and he took us down to his basement where there was a whole table full of herbs. We stayed there for a bit just kind of looking at the table, decided not to buy any, then left. On the way home there was this field in the pitch dark that my best friend had to push me through(I was for some reason sitting on one of those cozy armchairs your grandpa sits in)and she was pushing me through the field really fast but I was getting scared think I was seeing us about to run over a person. It was only my eyes playing tricks on me in the dark but I couldn't tell for sure if there was a person or not until we would pass what I thought was one. Finally after me saying "watch out watch out" over and over again she picked up the armchair with me in it effortlessly as if we both weighed that of a feather and threw us up into the air yelling "fly brittany fly!" I was still sitting perfectly in the armchair even up in the air. I was terrified of course and instead of flying, the armchair started plummeting back towards the ground from very very high up. As soon as it and I hit the ground I felt myself slam back into my body and immediately awoke.

I have read that when you astral project you sometimes will slam back into your body when you are done-I am wondering if anyone thinks this was my first experience with astral projecting even though it was not lucid? It was very dream like but once I slammed back into myself it felt weirdly real and less dreamy.

Also, should I post this is the dreams section of this forum as well?

Thank you <3
Old 04-02-2013, 01:13 AM
Ascender

I would say that was a dream. I was told that flying dreams mean that you're projecting, but I'm more inclined to believe that it's your spiritual body feeding you memories of how it could move incorporeally, perhaps the sort of friendly energies and haunts that you used to have. So, you're attuned to that, and more likely to be able to project quickly, easily, and often... but dreams of flying aren't always, themselves, projections. (Though, sometimes they can be.)

Emotions can have a metaphysical effect, I believe, so if you're surprised into waking, then you will "jump" in your body while slamming back in your mind.
Old 13-02-2013, 10:44 AM
jaydonc

This is a dream and sometimes after the scary dream a person can feel like this.
Old 15-02-2013, 06:34 PM
sweetbeefaerie

hmm.. yeah I think you guys are right. I was definitely scared out of my mind falling towards the ground like that, haha
Old 15-02-2013, 10:22 PM
Super Moderator
I've had lots of dreams of flying...zooming along about 50ft above the landscape, and very many times it's been my local landscape where I live. These dreams have definitely felt different from other more random dreams, and my guess is they were semi-conscious AP type things, or a vague awareness of being out of body translated into dream-scenario. But I cant exactly call them "astral projection". The only ones that are AP in my own opinion are the ones where we know what's going on at the time, we're aware we are out of body, our conscious awareness feels either the same or even more enhanced, than our "waking" thoughts.
A nice trick the next time you dream of flying would be to turn the dream lucid -and there you go!
Just say "hey, I'm flying, that means I'm dreaming!" and take it from there. You might wake up at the point of leaving your body, or you might wake up already out and on the Planes.
Old 16-02-2013, 08:29 AM
Master

As someone said, it is all the same, whether you are ap, dreaming or aware that you are dreaming. What really matters is in my opinion is how aware are you. If you are aware then that is great. That is all that matters.