Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 19-02-2019, 10:28 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessVetTech
From many things I have read a huge part of it is letting go of your ego so that you may be able to truly let go and ascend higher, reach a higher vibration, etc. my hardest part with this is letting go of my ego in the sense of my anger and frustrations with the general public. I get angry at times with people in general. Their ignorance, stupidity on the freeway an accumulation of things. It’s easier for me to forgive loved ones, but for the general population I’m completely stuck with my ego here. How do I let go of my “disliking” strangers in general for doing something I don’t like. I meditate and keep in mind to be love, only see love, to only speak love... I feel like I’m struggling though. Does anyone have any pointers?
In a nutshell, your definitions create your reality. Define it as "ignorant" and it triggers your ego and sets off a 'chain reaction'. Simlarlay if you define it as something to aid your rise to ascension, it triggers those higher vibrations of acceptance and allowing. Or anything else you associate with those good vibes.
Old 19-02-2019, 02:07 PM
Deactivated Account
Ever thought of the possibility that you get frustrated by their behavior because you do care about/love them after all, even as a member of a family(=society)?
Is your heart all black with heavy emotion such as hate or white burning in justice and passion when you react that way?

Think of a mom scolding at her kid for example. In many cases she does that hoping her kid will learn and grow.
What if she accepts/ignores everything her kid does and allow him/her to engage in any destructive activities because she simply doesn't recognize her kid as anyone close/important to her and won't care whatever happen to him/her? Her kid will be smoking in 10 years or be found in jail. It's the same for those people. So some will take actions, such as hosting seminars and offering therapies for people who can't behave well due to being the victim of negligence they suffered in their childhood hoping they'll join family members of the society sooner or later. Without people getting angry/worrying about them and take actions to help them, the future is pretty bleak for them.

I say this because I've seen hundreds (thousands?) of these cases in my country sadly, and it's often very hard to blame those people because they've also been the victim of the society we together create and are responsible for.

So is this even your "ego" thing? Is it really that bad thing to get angry/frustrated? Maybe it's a matter of empathy here by not trying to understand why they act that way?

I personally don't think there's much place for spiritualism in this case. Maybe being sympathetic will help you ascend, I don't know. I would't care about my spiritual growth for this case. I wouldn't really look down on these people since there's a high chance I ended up being like them If I hadn't received enough love from anyone.

Even if you find hate in reacting that way, it won't be so difficult to change it to love because you can still get angry/frustrated just like any moms would do with their kids and they still love them!!
Old 19-02-2019, 04:30 PM
Seeker

The perspective that I am coming from would be I suppose the best way to explain it, raising my vibration levels, higher frequencies. I know that thoughts alone can send off their own vibrations. When I do have negative thoughts I don't get mad at myself for feeling that way, instead I try to accept that I have those thoughts and just watch them pass by. So that way I can keep my personal frequency up. My struggle is on the road, like I was saying. Some people do really dangerous things on the road and put others in danger and I become confused as to why they would do that. And then negative thoughts start to arise. I guess that is where my struggle is. Or extremely mean people. For example, I work as an animal nurse and we do a lot of work on sick animals, so much love and care we give to them, we only want the best, but some of these animals "owners" can get really mean about pricing for certain procedures as if it is our fault. I try to see it from their perspective and I get it, but that is not anyone's fault. It seems so minimal as I am typing it out and I am actually pretty good at letting it go, it has become easier for me to do the more and more I practice letting go. I just wanted to try and explain more. Maybe I used "ego" incorrectly in this instance. I am still new and learning but from what I thought I understood is there are many parts of our "ego" and having negative feelings towards others I assumed was part of our humanly ego and in order to elevate higher and better myself I needed to let go of my "ego". So that's how that came about. I know I still have so much to learn and your input, all of you is just amazing. Thank you all for taking time out of your day to respond to my question to help me try and understand even more.
Old 19-02-2019, 08:48 PM
Master
Quote:
The perspective that I am coming from would be I suppose the best way to explain it, raising my vibration levels, higher frequencies. I know that thoughts alone can send off their own vibrations. When I do have negative thoughts I don't get mad at myself for feeling that way, instead I try to accept that I have those thoughts and just watch them pass by. So that way I can keep my personal frequency up. My struggle is on the road, like I was saying. Some people do really dangerous things on the road and put others in danger and I become confused as to why they would do that. And then negative thoughts start to arise. I guess that is where my struggle is. Or extremely mean people. For example, I work as an animal nurse and we do a lot of work on sick animals, so much love and care we give to them, we only want the best, but some of these animals "owners" can get really mean about pricing for certain procedures as if it is our fault. I try to see it from their perspective and I get it, but that is not anyone's fault. It seems so minimal as I am typing it out and I am actually pretty good at letting it go, it has become easier for me to do the more and more I practice letting go. I just wanted to try and explain more. Maybe I used "ego" incorrectly in this instance. I am still new and learning but from what I thought I understood is there are many parts of our "ego" and having negative feelings towards others I assumed was part of our humanly ego and in order to elevate higher and better myself I needed to let go of my "ego". So that's how that came about. I know I still have so much to learn and your input, all of you is just amazing. Thank you all for taking time out of your day to respond to my question to help me try and understand even more.

We are our own worse critics.

Somewhere inside you there is a voice that perhaps said it’s not ok to be annoyed and angry, it’s not ok to think thoughts about others behaving badly.

When you stop believing ascending is about overcoming the ego and more about allowing and acceptance. You can just relax and accept those aspects of yourself.
What you resists persists.

If you simply allow what arises as the witness, take out thoughts, ‘I shouldn’t/can’t be this way’, you give yourself space, permission, forgiveness, acceptance to change yourself step by step.

You can’t just be at the point you want without doing some kind of practice to correct what you see needs change.

Your not harming anyone, your simply aware of your thoughts and reactions within yourself. Your not eating anyone up with them are you? Your in a car and your own head, it’s not harming anyone but yourself. If your venting in a car, it’s a safe outlet to let off steam, without hurting others. Part of this is that you only feel safe to express your judgement and strong emotions in safe hidden spaces. The car and your mind. When we are not allowing ourselves to move through these times more accepting, we can’t move beyond the containment strong reactions have inside us. You probably keep yourself under control in spaces you wont show anger. Won’t express what your really thinking. You have to dig deep in self. What are you afraid of, if you are this way? What do you fear most in all this?

Just be kind to yourself and if your reactionary self arise, reconcile it in privacy of your own heart. It starts and ends inside you. It’s a conscious giving to you.
Old 20-02-2019, 02:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe

Somewhere inside you there is a voice that perhaps said it’s not ok to be annoyed and angry, it’s not ok to think thoughts about others behaving badly.

When you stop believing ascending is about overcoming the ego and more about allowing and acceptance. You can just relax and accept those aspects of yourself.
What you resists persists.

If you simply allow what arises as the witness, take out thoughts, ‘I shouldn’t/can’t be this way’, you give yourself space, permission, forgiveness, acceptance to change yourself step by step.

You can’t just be at the point you want without doing some kind of practice to correct what you see needs change.

Your not harming anyone, your simply aware of your thoughts and reactions within yourself. Your not eating anyone up with them are you? Your in a car and your own head, it’s not harming anyone but yourself. If your venting in a car, it’s a safe outlet to let off steam, without hurting others. Part of this is that you only feel safe to express your judgement and strong emotions in safe hidden spaces. The car and your mind. When we are not allowing ourselves to move through these times more accepting, we can’t move beyond the containment strong reactions have inside us. You probably keep yourself under control in spaces you wont show anger. Won’t express what your really thinking. You have to dig deep in self. What are you afraid of, if you are this way? What do you fear most in all this?

Just be kind to yourself and if your reactionary self arise, reconcile it in privacy of your own heart. It starts and ends inside you. It’s a conscious giving to you.

Yes, it is as you say but then what happens when we become an observer observing the observed, both us, is that oscillations of the attention pendulum slow down ... kind of remain centred at the frequency we choose as our fulcrum.

Of course, nothing like a good laugh whenever we falter! Why be so serious?

Old 20-02-2019, 04:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

Yes, it is as you say but then what happens when we become an observer observing the observed, both us, is that oscillations of the attention pendulum slow down ... kind of remain centred at the frequency we choose as our fulcrum.

Of course, nothing like a good laugh whenever we falter! Why be so serious?

Laughter is good medicine but even laughter can hide what is seeking to be expressed and released more complete. Cessation of reactions if practised as you say is a vigilant practice. Over time the balanced point can be recognised and felt. This does support a new arising in feeling to know more. If you can laugh at your own failings, it can also give rise to an acceptance of others. So yes, I suppose it can lighten the load.

I understand the slowing down principles and finding that balanced point. . It works as an effective tool, once your able to suspend the reactions and give rise to something deeper in yourself.

I know many who shelve these ‘reactions’ trying to avoid what seeks to be let go of deeper. It can work for a time, but unless one pulls out the core, the seeds can continue to sprout. One way of another, whatever works as your way will often come to be..x
Old 20-02-2019, 09:06 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
For example, I work as an animal nurse and we do a lot of work on sick animals, so much love and care we give to them, we only want the best, but some of these animals "owners" can get really mean about pricing for certain procedures as if it is our fault. I try to see it from their perspective and I get it, but that is not anyone's fault.
So much Love, empathy and care, so that's the real you. The owners become cranky with the prices, you get it and it's not anyone's fault. Then someone does something stupid on the highway and what makes you angry - another emotional reaction - is that they'll cause an accident and someone will get hurt - empathy.

If there is a bottom line to the reasons we're here it's that this is a Journey to Self, poetically, so this is you and who and what you are. As Matt Khan said, "everything is here to help" so instead of "negative" try "learn/gain from." It doesn't mean you're a bad person when arrogant people really tick you off, although using the word doesn't help your vibes, and when you drop it your reaction will lessen some. Emotions are energy in motion so what you're experiencing is an "energy differential" between your own energies and those of what triggers you. It's also helpful to be aware of the triggers and work with them, don't deny them but as you become aware of them you can keep them under control.

According to Jung there are two parts to the ego, there is the ego itself and the 'contents', most people talk about the 'contents' rather than the ego itself. Interestingly, Spirituality can be the contents of the ego. Essentially it gives us a sense of I am and without it we'd starve to death because we would have no concept of "I am hungry."
https://frithluton.com/articles/ego/

What I personally think the mainstream portrayal of the ego seems to be pointing to is Maya/Samadhi, the false sell and its dissolution. Then again others seem to be talking about "The demon ego made me do it."
Old 20-02-2019, 12:06 PM
Master
Quote:
From many things I have read a huge part of it is letting go of your ego so that you may be able to truly let go and ascend higher, reach a higher vibration, etc. my hardest part with this is letting go of my ego in the sense of my anger and frustrations with the general public. I get angry at times with people in general. Their ignorance, stupidity on the freeway an accumulation of things. It’s easier for me to forgive loved ones, but for the general population I’m completely stuck with my ego here. How do I let go of my “disliking” strangers in general for doing something I don’t like. I meditate and keep in mind to be love, only see love, to only speak love... I feel like I’m struggling though. Does anyone have any pointers?
never forget your only human. Try and find productive outlets for your negitve feelings. You can't eliminate negative feelings by simply covering them up. Put that fire to work burn it gone for good. Intense physical activity is a good way to do it.
Old 20-02-2019, 12:16 PM
Deactivated Account
I agree with lots of what JustBe is saying and that's more or less what I wanted to say, too.

below is so true for many many pepole

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe

It's almost like you want your ego as evil as it can get so that it can eat your whole personality and you're willing to imagine it being that way always...
People can even blame his or her ego as an excuse not to be true to his or her self.

What I've been experiencing is otherwise; if you don't fight against it by accepting yourself in a way JustBe is suggesting, it will actually show you a way by letting you know more about your (true) self just like an angel would do....it's your choice to make it a demon or an angel (!) IMO.
Old 20-02-2019, 12:17 PM
Pathfinder
@jessetech I can relate to that. People or little things that tick me off and I start to feel this tense energy building up in the solar area. Then my muscles tense up. Have you tried doing little 2 minute reminders every hour on the hour? I feel doing habitual mantra's will reprogram your mind, ultimately changing your state of thoughts/emotions.

I would start doing mini meditations during the day. Meditations involving witnessing of your energies and emotions. Something like above.