Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 13-02-2019, 10:05 AM
Master
Endless spiritual paths.

Understanding there's almost a endless selection of spiritual paths to take. How did you choose the one you're on? What does your path do for you? What is your end goal?
Old 13-02-2019, 11:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
Understanding there's almost a endless selection of spiritual paths to take. How did you choose the one you're on? What does your path do for you? What is your end goal?

Hi hallow ..

I suffered and within the suffering I wanted the suffering to end, I think it can be that straightforward at times.

The desire to end the suffering brings forth an enquiry as to who suffers and to what perhaps lies beyond the suffering and why is it that I Am suffering.

What I noticed was that the suffering came from within so the antidote must also come from within.

There is inner happiness / joy / bliss along with their opposites.

So my question to myself and the universe at this point was how to end the suffering.

It's a common cliche I would say and it was by no coincidence for me that my mum had already 20 years of self enquiry under her belt at this time and reached certain heights that emanated being Self realized .

So I engaged in my own journey of self discovery and along with yoga and meditation and my awakening as already mentioned on another thread was that I wanted to heal the world.

I wanted to become a healer for others in my own suffering. (I sound like a Martyr) lol, but it's true.
What I didn't realize at the time was that in healing others I was healing myself and it was again by no coincidence that I was drawn to healing and still am. Certain healing guides were already in place waiting for that exact moment to come. It wasn't a conscious choice in the moment when one understands the bigger picture.

This is why I have said previously in that what one initially intends or what one initially puts in is not necessarily what one get's out or back, perhaps not in the same way or the way one would of liked or imagined.

It's easy to say now in hindsight but at the time I put others first in so many ways but in doing that it done me the world of good. This is why the selfless are richer than the selfish in so many ways.

The self work, meditation, and the healing work for others is endless it seems, it really depends on how much work there is left to do and what sort of work is required.

Some like myself find 'normal' life most difficult and still require isolation and grounding each day. Being an open live wire is not all it's cracked up to be haha .. it's actually exhausting at times ..

x daz x
Old 13-02-2019, 12:13 PM
Master
I see my path as a well planed a executed operation.
For 30 years I stumble trough life.
My guides drop a few flags for me, I follow them for the next almost 30 years.

I awaken fully and do what I came to do.
Now I wait for the next step which is very near.
Old 13-02-2019, 12:20 PM
Deactivated Account
lemme give you the crudest idea of mine...

I've recently found out, that it's not about making choices that leads me to the destination. According to my own experiences I've been having lately, it's more to do with knowing what fate is. Fate is the destination itself and the path is about knowing what it is to me so it's not about making choices...
It may still look as if I'm making one, but in reality, I'm just in a mere process of accepting my own fate.
As a matter of fact, it's more of realizing I've got no choices...

Unlike so many promising and uplifting spiritualism out there, mine sounds really pessimistic and backward, no?

But I feel a lot better now to face this reality without ever being a fatalist. Fatalist is a person who explains things using the concept of fate, not necessarily the one who experiences the things as one's fate at heart. Fate is real here in my life now. I've never tried to be more faithful (for any practical reason, such as in order to make my life a bit easier), but it's also strengthening my faith in a unexpectedly desirable way. Fate and faith are like a front and a back side of the same coin which shapes my life.

It's easier to say this as "I'm guided" as any faithful person would say...I avoided that phrasing in order to make it clear that I wasn't really trying to get closer to God or anything like that in the first place (and I've never done channeling of any sort, Not sure of my "higher-self" either). Yet I was listening, and accepting, that's all I did.
Old 13-02-2019, 12:45 PM
Deactivated Account

I felt connected to nature and the Goddess and both made me feel empowered as a human and a woman which I needed... So that was the right path for me.
Old 13-02-2019, 01:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonLon

I've recently found out, that it's not about making choices that leads me to the destination. According to my own experiences I've been having lately, it's more to do with knowing what fate is. Fate is the destination itself and the path is about knowing what it is to me so it's not about making choices...
It may still look as if I'm making one, but in reality, I'm just in a mere process of accepting my own fate.

Unlike so many promising and uplifting spiritualism out there, mine sounds really pessimistic and backward, no?

But I feel a lot better now to face this reality without ever being a fatalist. Fatalist is a person who explains things using the concept of fate, not necessarily the one who experiences the things as one's fate at heart. Fate is real here in my life now. I've never tried to be more faithful (for any practical reason, such as in order to make my life a bit easier), but it's also strengthening my faith in a unexpectedly desirable way. Fate and faith are like a front and a back side of the same coin which shapes my life.

It's easier to say this as "I'm guided" as any faithful person would say...I avoided that phrasing in order to make it clear that I wasn't really trying to get closer to God or anything like that in the first place (and I've never done channeling of any sort, Not sure of my "higher-self" either). Yet I was listening, and accepting, that's all I did.
for the most part that's how I see it too. I have a hard time with formal written instructions on "my path" I am not saying it's right or wrong it just works for me. I don't feel anyone is 100% right or wrong. I am not sure what the label for this way thinking but who needs one anyway.
Old 13-02-2019, 02:33 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
for the most part that's how I see it too. I have a hard time with formal written instructions on "my path" I am not saying it's right or wrong it just works for me. I don't feel anyone is 100% right or wrong. I am not sure what the label for this way thinking but who needs one anyway.
Ha ha that's encouraging to hear and know I may not be the only one "out of order" or even "lazy" here! You can still correct me if you are an organized, hard-working guy tho! I don't think anything is programmed nor organized (you know, just because I'm not really purpose-oriented but rather the one who appreciates whatever given to me) in myself (despite all the talks about DNA, ya know....) to detect what needs to be done...fate is such a life that changes every single minute within me as my blood!

I think your way of thinking reflect a realist's although I do think you don't really need that labeling either. You are not saying everyone should be driven for the same (good) goals using the same (good) ways like the way an idealist would do. You are just stating the fact based on the reality.

I also felt what God-Like tells in his story is pretty much fate he's been dealing with...even thouh he may not put it that way and analyze it which is normal.
Old 13-02-2019, 05:02 PM
Guide

My path was laid out for me once I spoke up to my chiropractor/friend and said I was feeling that my random aches and pains were beyond physical. It was a time of deep depression for me as I had many life changes at the time and didn't understand who I was, what I was doing with my life or where I was going. This friend suggested I meet her friend who is a reiki master, so that was the first stop on my path that opened my eyes to all things spiritual.

Although my first reiki session with her left me dizzy for a month, looking back now I feel it's because it opened up channels and pathways in me that were rusty for a long time and the energy took getting used to. Regardless I was craving to learn more and went on to take the reiki 1 attunement from her. Though she was lovely, I was left with many deeper questions she couldn't answer. I waited over a year for her to offer level 2, as reiki was only something she did on the side. I met my level 2 teacher finally, and her teaching style was completely different which I appreciated, however it left me with even more questions.

Since then I was fortunate enough to have a mentor online who explained everything to me in ways I understand. I have since stopped calling it reiki as I don't like the way reiki has been brought to the US and marketed. It's working with energy that's the real bottom line, no matter what you refer to it as.

Much like God-like said above, I was passionate to bring everything I've learned along the way to help others that need it. In my circle of friends and family, everyone comes to me for advice and guidance anyway. I have since put this desire to help others on the back burner for now because I'm still struggling with energy drain, so I'm back to square one and looking at taking better care of myself first. It is hard to be always "on".

This path so far has led me to learn a lot about a lot of different things...however I hope to learn more than just reiki. My end goal would be to feel good enough physically to be able to share my knowledge with others.
Old 13-02-2019, 05:03 PM
Master

I’d say that there is no path. Our choice or desire to connect with the divine is itself the way. The idea is to get to the roots from where the nourishment is obtained. Prayer, meditation or selfless service, all are different ways.

Old 13-02-2019, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonLon
...it's not about making choices...
Unlike so many promising and uplifting spiritualism out there,
mine sounds really pessimistic and backward, no?
Ah no.
Crude? Ah, no
As said in the movie, 'Adjustment Bureau'...Choices?..oh sure it looks like have them...you can choose what shirt to wear...
(basically, paraphrasing)...

but with the real things?...no, you don't have choices.

I know I don't!
I was lead here by every planned, arranged moment in my life...I have been shown this like an NDE
when your life passes before you...EVERY second
was planned for me to be here at this very moment writing to you, my friend.

Guided? Yeah, like a rope on a row boat being pulled hand over hand to shore.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru