Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 07-08-2018, 06:47 AM
Master
Gospel of Thomas claims that we can find the 'truth' within ourselves with the help of secret knowledge from Jesus, and that we can know God this way.

Christianity in general says that only through faith in Jesus's power can we come to the truth, that we can't lift a finger to save ourselves.

I have found that self-knowledge is valuable, but at a certain point only the Light of Jesus can lead me to the truth - I think in this era people might be more keen on the Gospel of Thomas attitude than the requirement to just have faith though.

Unless you're female of course, then Jesus would have to fix you first, and then you can carry on with getting into the Kingdom via self-knowledge???

114. Simon Peter said to them, "Make Mary leave us, for females don't deserve life."

Jesus said, "Look, I will guide her to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every female who makes herself male will enter the kingdom of Heaven."
Old 07-08-2018, 07:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Gospel of Thomas claims that we can find the 'truth' within ourselves with the help of secret knowledge from Jesus, and that we can know God this way.

Christianity in general says that only through faith in Jesus's power can we come to the truth, that we can't lift a finger to save ourselves.

I have found that self-knowledge is valuable, but at a certain point only the Light of Jesus can lead me to the truth - I think in this era people might be more keen on the Gospel of Thomas attitude than the requirement to just have faith though.

Unless you're female of course, then Jesus would have to fix you first, and then you can carry on with getting into the Kingdom via self-knowledge???

114. Simon Peter said to them, "Make Mary leave us, for females don't deserve life."

Jesus said, "Look, I will guide her to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every female who makes herself male will enter the kingdom of Heaven."

Yes S Peter got it wrong Spiritual beings have no gender, only the physical, but Jesus did refer to all Spiritual beings as Males ( of the Father).

Mary also thought of herself as Female, Jesus would teach her to come to know herself as a spiritual being, which were make her Spiritualy Male....
Old 07-08-2018, 07:50 AM
Master
In early Christianity, still in the 1st century, Paul stated:

There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. — Galatians 3:28

In Judaism God was always considered both male and female, "In Judaism, unlike traditional Christianity, G-d has never been viewed as exclusively male or masculine. Judaism has always maintained that G-d has both masculine and feminine qualities. As one Chasidic rabbi explained it to me, G-d has no body, no genitalia, therefore the very idea that G-d is male or female is patently absurd. We refer to G-d using masculine terms simply for convenience's sake, because Hebrew has no neutral gender; G-d is no more male than a table is."

In Genesis it is written "So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them."

Why do you say that Jesus referred to all Spiritual beings as males? He did refer to God as 'abba' (father), and hopefully there was a good reason for this, but I'm not convinced that this 'make all females male because all spiritual beings are male' concept holds any water.
Old 07-08-2018, 08:16 AM
Master
Quote:
In early Christianity, still in the 1st century, Paul stated:

There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. — Galatians 3:28

In Judaism God was always considered both male and female, "In Judaism, unlike traditional Christianity, G-d has never been viewed as exclusively male or masculine. Judaism has always maintained that G-d has both masculine and feminine qualities. As one Chasidic rabbi explained it to me, G-d has no body, no genitalia, therefore the very idea that G-d is male or female is patently absurd. We refer to G-d using masculine terms simply for convenience's sake, because Hebrew has no neutral gender; G-d is no more male than a table is."

In Genesis it is written "So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them."

Why do you say that Jesus referred to all Spiritual beings as males? He did refer to God as 'abba' (father), and hopefully there was a good reason for this, but I'm not convinced that this 'make all females male because all spiritual beings are male' concept holds any water.

Spiritual beings have no gender, Buddha said the same....
Jesus is refering to making all Females Male through his teachings so we can realize we are Spiritual ( from the Father who is refered to as Male) beings rather than Physical beings.

By making Mary and S Peter realize they are Spiritual beings they both become Male ( mentally).
Old 07-08-2018, 10:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Spiritual beings have no gender, Buddha said the same....
Jesus is refering to making all Females Male through his teachings so we can realize we are Spiritual ( from the Father who is refered to as Male) beings rather than Physical beings.

By making Mary and S Peter realize they are Spiritual beings they both become Male ( mentally).

Can you support this 'spiritual beings are male' concept from any other writing either in the Gospel of Thomas or preferably the bible?
Old 07-08-2018, 02:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Oh really.
Well, when you can say you have read it, perhaps even studied it...come back
and your comments would be way more respected, Morpheus.
Don't tell me to go to a mechanic because someone's nephew said he was ok. Did you use him?

As I stated. It is interesting musing.

"Gospel", translated means, "Good News".

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 07-08-2018, 03:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
As I stated. It is interesting musing.

"Gospel", translated means, "Good News".

The Gospel of Thomas is ' Good News '
Old 07-08-2018, 05:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Can you support this 'spiritual beings are male' concept from any other writing either in the Gospel of Thomas or preferably the bible?

The Gospel of Thomas is not part of the Bible. You can find references in other Gnostic Gospels not just the Gospel of Thomas such as Pista Sofia....

"Mary Magdalene feels this interior man in herself, and, identifying with him, understands All."

( Saying 108 ) "Whoever drinks from my mouth shall become as I am and I myself will become he, and the hidden things will be revealed to him" Notice He and Him.
Old 07-08-2018, 06:43 PM
Master
It seems there is a rather blatant misogyny in Gnosticism, but if you’re willing to accept that good for you. I prefer the non-misogynistic Jesus from the bible.
Old 07-08-2018, 07:13 PM
Master
Quote:
It seems there is a rather blatant misogyny in Gnosticism, but if you’re willing to accept that good for you. I prefer the non-misogynistic Jesus from the bible.

Misogyny to those who don't understand....
It is all about physical and spiritual, in the bible God is male, God the Son ( Male) and God the Holy Spirit ( Spiritus) Male.... Jesus said ' My Father ( Male) and I are one. You will not find anywhere in the bible that Jesus said my Mother and I are one. I could go on and on with references to Male being used by Jesus which refers to God but it's obvious you are not understanding his teachings.