Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-02-2019, 11:04 PM
Honza Honza is offline
Master
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: God's House
Posts: 9,917
  Honza's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
"The Tao which can be named is not the true Tao."

Here you have it in clear text, unambiguous, straight forward.

Yes I like that.
__________________

The Humility, The Pride and The Humiliation.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-02-2019, 11:15 PM
Miss Hepburn Miss Hepburn is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southwest, USA
Posts: 13,288
  Miss Hepburn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARDAV70
So as far as "is consciousness God" I'd have to say "of course".
But I also feel that it's in a way we can't clearly perceive (yet) as human beings...because of the ego.
Namaste
Oh, but we CAN!
It takes disciplined effort, tho!!!!!!!

You might love the book by Michael Langford..."The Most Direct Means To Eternal Bliss"....
it's all about being aware of Awareness Itself.

(A whole other topic...the diff between Consciousness and Awareness..I don't wanna give Honza headache.)
__________________
.,
,
,

"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...
Meditate unceasingly,
that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence"
~~Lahiri Mahasaya, the guru of Yogananda's guru
I have no scientific evidence for anything I say.







Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-02-2019, 01:03 AM
Miss Hepburn Miss Hepburn is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southwest, USA
Posts: 13,288
  Miss Hepburn's Avatar
Since I don't know exactly what consciousness is...I can only pose a question.
Isn't that which looks out from behind my eyes ...which made Itself known to me at around 5-6 yrs old one summer
in the countryside...The Observer?
The Observer of all?
The One that feels the flower's roots burrowing into the earth for water...while
it stretches to reach to the Sun for nutrition?
Isn't It the same thing in the lead bird of the flock knowing where the
destination is?
Isn't this Observer the One that lies under our our own consciousness digesting our food and making our fingernails grow as we sleep?
Is that God? Is that the God that parted the seas and said, Let there be Light? The All That Is?


If 'I' watch something intently is that "me"? My personality, my ego, my body, my wealth, my feelings, my passions?
What is 'me' then...is it also the Watcher, the Witness? Collecting data?

I am not presently qualified to do much more than ask these questions.
My immediate take is there is nothing....nothing that exists that is not because of God, I was also shown this in a stunning Moment...the
floating dust particle, a dream with our eyes closed,

a thought...all exist because of Him...
does that make consciousness Him more than the glass I hold?

Maybe I will have clearer answers another time...and put them into words.
This has not been a subject of mine I have pondered...
I focus on other things ....like feeling His Divine Presence....we each
have subjects we like.





__________________
.,
,
,

"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...
Meditate unceasingly,
that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence"
~~Lahiri Mahasaya, the guru of Yogananda's guru
I have no scientific evidence for anything I say.







Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-02-2019, 07:13 AM
Unseeking Seeker Unseeking Seeker is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: India
Posts: 1,016
  Unseeking Seeker's Avatar
***

As stated, my understanding is:

Consciousness = in form consciousness through thought & senses, mostly externalised but may be internalised if consciousness so chooses through free will, in prayerful meditation

Awareness = Oneness, love absolute or we may say, God

Consciousness has the ability to tune in or resonate across a wide spectrum of vibration including the Oneness awareness vibration

When consciousness = awareness ...
which happens when consciousness minus ego is devoid of any dilution, confusion or manipulation by the ego, the ego being the duality aspect, an illusion, which the consciousness tends to adopt by overindulgence or attachment or clinging to egoic engagement ...
then consciousness = awareness potentially, converted into permanent reality by voluntary repetition of the meditational engagement for assimilation

When consciousness = awareness in an unbroken continuum we may say that consciousness is the same as Oneness absolute.

***
__________________
Continuum of be-ness
Within staid stillness
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-02-2019, 09:59 AM
MARDAV70 MARDAV70 is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 381
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Since I don't know exactly what consciousness is...I can only pose a question.
Isn't that which looks out from behind my eyes ...which made Itself known to me at around 5-6 yrs old one summer
in the countryside...The Observer?
The Observer of all?
The One that feels the flower's roots burrowing into the earth for water...while
it stretches to reach to the Sun for nutrition?
Isn't It the same thing in the lead bird of the flock knowing where the
destination is?
Isn't this Observer the One that lies under our our own consciousness digesting our food and making our fingernails grow as we sleep?
Is that God? Is that the God that parted the seas and said, Let there be Light? The All That Is?


If 'I' watch something intently is that "me"? My personality, my ego, my body, my wealth, my feelings, my passions?
What is 'me' then...is it also the Watcher, the Witness? Collecting data?

I am not presently qualified to do much more than ask these questions.
My immediate take is there is nothing....nothing that exists that is not because of God, I was also shown this in a stunning Moment...the
floating dust particle, a dream with our eyes closed,

a thought...all exist because of Him...
does that make consciousness Him more than the glass I hold?

Maybe I will have clearer answers another time...and put them into words.
This has not been a subject of mine I have pondered...
I focus on other things ....like feeling His Divine Presence....we each
have subjects we like.






It sounds like you're seeing "consciousness" and "conscious" in the same context...that is, both meaning aware, alert...not comatose or passed out. If so, that sounds to me more of a "scientific" view rather than a spiritual one. If not, then I'm not understanding you.

The way I see it, in a nutshell, is that consciousness is kind of like the fuel of this dimension/universe. Our bodies perceive things like flowers, trees, feeling roots, etc. through our senses. It's how we observe things. Consciousness is the energy that drives the atoms in order for these things to exist. Consciousness is also what makes us appreciate them because without it they wouldn't exist.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-02-2019, 09:26 PM
Miss Hepburn Miss Hepburn is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southwest, USA
Posts: 13,288
  Miss Hepburn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARDAV70
It sounds like you're seeing "consciousness" and "conscious" in the same context...that is, both meaning aware, alert...not comatose or passed out. If so, that sounds to me more of a "scientific" view rather than a spiritual one. If not, then I'm not understanding you.
Hi, Me? Scientific? Funny....except I do try to open people to the spiritual aspect
by using examples of quantum physics discoveries a bit;
to expand their consciousness more.
__________________
.,
,
,

"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...
Meditate unceasingly,
that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence"
~~Lahiri Mahasaya, the guru of Yogananda's guru
I have no scientific evidence for anything I say.







Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-02-2019, 11:58 PM
ActualityOfBeing ActualityOfBeing is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 14
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
The consciousness which is God is not in any way a consciousness that could be likened to our consciousness. It is so far from anything we are familiar with, or could even imagine, that I consider it to be a nonsensical saying.

"The Tao which can be named is not the true Tao."

Here you have it in clear text, unambiguous, straight forward.

God is not consciousness, and consciousness is not God, for the simple reason that if it would be true then the Tao Te Ching would be wrong, and as this forms the first line of the Tao Te Ching we would have to discard everything else as probably wrong too.

It is worth considering the Tao Te Ching is accurate, and the interpretation is wrong. Perhaps the True Tao can not be named, because you are it. Were you to speak even a word to define it, you would be unknowingly establishing you are separate from it- which you are not. As such, there is only one consciousness, yours, and it can not be spoken of properly as if it was not.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-02-2019, 02:36 AM
MARDAV70 MARDAV70 is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 381
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hi, Me? Scientific? Funny....except I do try to open people to the spiritual aspect
by using examples of quantum physics discoveries a bit;
to expand their consciousness more.

Lol...I kinda thought you might react to that (with all due respect), Miss Hepburn. Yep, I'm with you on quantum physics. Quantum physicist Jim Gates said in his group's study they've found that either our reality is a program running on a super computer "somewhere", or consciousness is running the show. I'm pretty sure the later part of that statement is correct, and I'd suspect you would, too. Have you checked out Dr. Steven Greer? A lot of what he says makes a great deal of sense to me...regarding consciousness, ETs, suppressed free energy solutions and our being controlled by those who've given in to the ego. Namaste.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums