Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 11-02-2019, 09:23 PM
Newbie ;)

The significance of a blindfold

Hello all

I’m rather new to much of this, but I am trying intensely hard to have successful vision journeys... trances... whatever you personally wish to call them and am having some very intense visions.

But one question is on my mind, after much searching on the internet and reading through a large amount of literature, I often find the recommendations of using a blindfold instead of simply closing your eyes ?

Is there a reason for this ? I don’t know why, but I feel oddly awkward sitting alone in a blindfold but would be very willing to use it if there was a reason or perhaps idea behind it ?

I’d be very grateful if anyone had any insights

Thank you

Aaron
Old 12-02-2019, 12:44 AM
Master
Hi AaronOswaldEdwards,

“Blindfolds” use from a shamanic trance point of view – to give you an idea:
http://www.3worlds.co.uk/Articles/HidingSpiritEyes.pdf

You might also find better, more in-depth info on the web if you search.

Old 12-02-2019, 02:07 AM
Newbie ;)

Hi Sentient

Thankyou for replying and passing on that information. It was a great read and awesome to see the reasoning and history behind the practice.

I am very grateful to you

Aaron
Old 12-02-2019, 08:59 AM
Deactivated Account

I am sure it is just because it is easier right? And it filters the light out which you wouldn't get just from closing your eyes. The sensory deprivation is more complete and facilitates better travel.
Old 12-02-2019, 09:26 AM
Knower

I roll up a thin bamboo throw blanket and lay that on my eyes - I don't tie it back. Makes it easier to focus on seeing without light coming in and therefore helps deepen your state and become more immersed in your journey.

Heal yourself and you heal the world

~
Old 30-09-2019, 05:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronOswaldEdwards
Hello all

I’m rather new to much of this, but I am trying intensely hard to have successful vision journeys... trances... whatever you personally wish to call them and am having some very intense visions.

But one question is on my mind, after much searching on the internet and reading through a large amount of literature, I often find the recommendations of using a blindfold instead of simply closing your eyes ?

Is there a reason for this ? I don’t know why, but I feel oddly awkward sitting alone in a blindfold but would be very willing to use it if there was a reason or perhaps idea behind it ?

I’d be very grateful if anyone had any insights

Thank you

Aaron
I have a blindfold which will allow me to keep my eyes open if I want to.
Before using the blindfold, I look careful around the room where everything is in the room. With the blindfold on,
I can see everything in the room and when I look around, "I am not sitting"
in the spot I began with. I am now sitting forward of where I was.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 06-10-2019, 12:33 PM
ImthatIm

No peeking.