Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 14-01-2016, 10:20 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfirst
So did you do EFT several times a day on specific memories and beliefs for longer periods of time or just a few times?

At first I was doing it once per day, following scripts or videos, but that was really a waste of time, although I did feel slightly better afterwards it was not really doing much for me in terms of breakthroughs. Once I deviated from the scripts I had much better results, my eyes watered at times (despite being a tough manly man and all that jazz). I was tapping a few times a day, mainly on one subject/issue. It also cured some acid reflux I was suffering from (caused by constantly worrying about bills etc) and enabled me to be able to 'let go' and not allow myself to rise to the bait, similar to the peace you mentioned feeling.

So, Yeah, it was specific memories (after uncovering them through general tapping) a few times a day for maybe a few weeks, until I felt indifferent to the memory or felt that there was a general change within me.

The EMDR does indeed sound very similar to EFT, perhaps more clinical and structured, but essentially they aim to do the same thing, rewire the brain. I had not heard of the eye thing, that it all very interesting to me, I might have to give it a try.
Do you practice EMDR regularly? (I say practice, but I mean use)

I am intrigued by the whole subliminal messages/affirmations thing, I have briefly tried to use them, but just ended up getting annoyed with it, not sure what it was, but it just got on my nerves, it would probably be worse with my own voice. Having said that, recently I have been trying to get into mediation, I did find a guided sleep one which also had subliminal affirmations (for when in alpha, delta and theta states if I recall correctly).
No results to speak of so far, but I do have trouble with the whole headphones + sleep thing.
I think I also have a mild fear of the person sneaking in "buy my book" or "send me all your money" once I am in a susceptible state...

Totally agree with your take on Abraham too, I am pretty sure the subconscious plays a vital part in being able to feel great for longer than 5 minutes.
Old 15-01-2016, 02:16 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleManifestor
Do you practice EMDR regularly? (I say practice, but I mean use)

I am intrigued by the whole subliminal messages/affirmations thing, I have briefly tried to use them, but just ended up getting annoyed with it, not sure what it was, but it just got on my nerves, it would probably be worse with my own voice. Having said that, recently I have been trying to get into mediation, I did find a guided sleep one which also had subliminal affirmations (for when in alpha, delta and theta states if I recall correctly).
No results to speak of so far, but I do have trouble with the whole headphones + sleep thing.
I think I also have a mild fear of the person sneaking in "buy my book" or "send me all your money" once I am in a susceptible state...

Totally agree with your take on Abraham too, I am pretty sure the subconscious plays a vital part in being able to feel great for longer than 5 minutes.
Thank you, your experience is very useful. I did EMDR for a while, but I do not do it daily. Maybe I could try using it more again, because we can use it not just to uninstall old one, but also install new one -do same bilateral movements while keeping a new belief/feeling in focus. What I usually do now, if unpleasant feeling comes is simply observe it in my body, and it works to release it. However with EMDR it might be more effective. EMDR is strong however, if you try it, be prepared for vivid dreams.
When you say you got annoyed by subliminals, do you mean, you listened to some ready ones or did you record your own voice and mixed your own track (because affirmations are not audible in subliminals -they are below hearing range, no more than mumbling is heard). I used Eldon Taylor ones for a while (Forgive and Let Go), and now I made my own with Sony Acid software. I made a few with different backgrounds (or I should say foregrounds in this case) so I wouldn't get tired of one. I use nature sounds - birds, ocean, brook, rain, etc. But of course you can put any music you like. You do not need to use headphones with subliminals, they are not brain entrainment or EMDR. Oh, for EMDR you can also do body movements from side to side -even walking works since you put one foot, then the other.
Old 15-01-2016, 08:26 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Thank you, your experience is very useful. I did EMDR for a while, but I do not do it daily. Maybe I could try using it more again, because we can use it not just to uninstall old one, but also install new one -do same bilateral movements while keeping a new belief/feeling in focus. What I usually do now, if unpleasant feeling comes is simply observe it in my body, and it works to release it. However with EMDR it might be more effective. EMDR is strong however, if you try it, be prepared for vivid dreams.
When you say you got annoyed by subliminals, do you mean, you listened to some ready ones or did you record your own voice and mixed your own track (because affirmations are not audible in subliminals -they are below hearing range, no more than mumbling is heard). I used Eldon Taylor ones for a while (Forgive and Let Go), and now I made my own with Sony Acid software. I made a few with different backgrounds (or I should say foregrounds in this case) so I wouldn't get tired of one. I use nature sounds - birds, ocean, brook, rain, etc. But of course you can put any music you like. You do not need to use headphones with subliminals, they are not brain entrainment or EMDR. Oh, for EMDR you can also do body movements from side to side -even walking works since you put one foot, then the other.

Yeah, I listened to some pre made subliminal mixes and they did annoy me at the time. I guess it is because they reminded me of a previous job (which caused me a lot of anger, it took a long time before I felt 'myself' again after quitting), basically the old man boss would be sat next to me muttering at his computer screen, literally all day everyday (apart from when he was shouting down the phone at someone).
I had to do a lot of tapping to get over the experience of working for that old man.

But now that I am in a better place I may have to give it another shot, it sounds like it has done the world of good for you
I tend to listen to local radio a lot, it plays mainly 70s and 80s hits, it definitely helps me feel good, especially when I hear my 3 'in the vortex' songs (Toto-Africa, Tina Turner - I don't need another hero, Men at Work - Down Under). Yes I am as cool as I seem.

Vivid dreams sounds like an added bonus to me! I may have a go at using EMDR this weekend, try to imprint some positive beliefs or something.
I do remember having vivid dreams after listening to binaural beats, that was pretty freaky, but it was hard to drift off to sleep to, they seemed to make my mind race in strange ways.

Do you listen to your subliminals both during the day and at night?

Do you also meditate?
You seem to have a far broader range of knowledge of these practices than I, I am happy to learn from you and your experiences, thank you JoyFirst
Old 16-01-2016, 12:52 AM
Experiencer
Quote:

Vivid dreams sounds like an added bonus to me! I may have a go at using EMDR this weekend, try to imprint some positive beliefs or something.
I do remember having vivid dreams after listening to binaural beats, that was pretty freaky, but it was hard to drift off to sleep to, they seemed to make my mind race in strange ways.

Do you listen to your subliminals both during the day and at night?

Do you also meditate?
You seem to have a far broader range of knowledge of these practices than I, I am happy to learn from you and your experiences, thank you JoyFirst

You know, that is interesting, somehow I was not attracted to brain entrainment. I got one cd in the garage sale , and just couldn't listen to it -it was so unpleasant. Some people like it though, so maybe it is just not for everyone. I also read that binaural shouldn't be used for more than half an hour a day, however subliminals should be used at least 8 hours a day to be effective.
It is funny about that man, mumbling. I am sorry he messed up your subliminal experience. Anyway, when you make your own you can adjust the sound to below mumbling, where you won't hear it at all. There is some debate though, that it can't be too low, who knows what is too low. Just follow your intuition. That said, it looks like EFT works great for you, so I wouldn't worry about subliminals, unless you want to try.
Yes, I listen, whenever I have access to the player, day and night. However I am not that experienced as you think I am, I am doing it for the last month. I also listen for a while to audible affirmations (also my own recorded), when I walk. I recorded them after I got myself in the relaxed state, and I really like them -I enjoy listening to them (I also have peaceful music in the background).
I do not do "official" meditation much, more being in the now during my life situations, which is basically the same in terms of thoughts being absent. When I walk for example, I can focus on my soles touching the ground and lifting up or how my toes are feeling. For some reason, when I focus on toes it sends me to higher pleasure than if I focus on other parts. But when you are present, no matter what you do, it feels amazing. Almost like orgasm, but not that intense, and that is a good thing in this case.
Just try, put all of your focus into something in your environment or in your body. No analyzing, thoughts of any kind, just purely observe. Like in meditation, except that you use it in the field instead of "official" sitting pose. This is what I call - experiencing life instead of thinking about it.
Old 16-01-2016, 06:42 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:

Was the mortgage $100k in one fell swoop? Yup, no strings, here's a check.

Do you ask (inside your head) for assistance from God or do you
simply say something like 'it would be great to find some
anti-oxidant pills in this store'?
Or something else??
... I would class myself as someone that doesn't believe in organised religion.
I see God as being the energy of all that is in existence.
I am trying to break the ego imposed barrier that stops me from being at one
with everything else in the universe.
Don't get me started on org religions!

Ah, trying to break the ego barrier that stops you from being at one with everything. Finally,
a spiritual brother!
Like a fresh breeze in a stuffy room.
( No, actually I have many spiritual buddies here.)

Back in a moment...

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-01-2016, 09:40 PM
Quote:
"Do you ask (inside your head) for assistance from God or
do you simply say something like 'it would be great to find some
anti-oxidant pills in this store'?
Or something else??"
All of the above and more...and much less.

Once you have an intimate relationship with the "All That Is",
God, the Father/ Creator...once you love Him and know where He is and go there often...
to the Secret Place (Psalm 91)...what I find is He can not
refuse you anything...the Consummate Lover.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-01-2016, 09:12 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Don't get me started on org religions!

Ah, trying to break the ego barrier that stops you from being at one with everything. Finally,
a spiritual brother!
Like a fresh breeze in a stuffy room.
( No, actually I have many spiritual buddies here.)

Back in a moment...

Yeah, at the moment on my spiritual path I am at the stage of loving nature and its beauty, I am not at the stage where I wear sandals (non-leather) and have a manic grin on my face 24/7. I have met a few people like that and they freaked me out a bit, but I suppose as long as they feel awesome inside, that is all that matters. Happiness is what I think life is all about finding.

What do you think life is about?
Old 20-01-2016, 09:32 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
You know, that is interesting, somehow I was not attracted to brain entrainment. I got one cd in the garage sale , and just couldn't listen to it -it was so unpleasant. Some people like it though, so maybe it is just not for everyone. I also read that binaural shouldn't be used for more than half an hour a day, however subliminals should be used at least 8 hours a day to be effective.
It is funny about that man, mumbling. I am sorry he messed up your subliminal experience. Anyway, when you make your own you can adjust the sound to below mumbling, where you won't hear it at all. There is some debate though, that it can't be too low, who knows what is too low. Just follow your intuition. That said, it looks like EFT works great for you, so I wouldn't worry about subliminals, unless you want to try.
Yes, I listen, whenever I have access to the player, day and night. However I am not that experienced as you think I am, I am doing it for the last month. I also listen for a while to audible affirmations (also my own recorded), when I walk. I recorded them after I got myself in the relaxed state, and I really like them -I enjoy listening to them (I also have peaceful music in the background).
I do not do "official" meditation much, more being in the now during my life situations, which is basically the same in terms of thoughts being absent. When I walk for example, I can focus on my soles touching the ground and lifting up or how my toes are feeling. For some reason, when I focus on toes it sends me to higher pleasure than if I focus on other parts. But when you are present, no matter what you do, it feels amazing. Almost like orgasm, but not that intense, and that is a good thing in this case.
Just try, put all of your focus into something in your environment or in your body. No analyzing, thoughts of any kind, just purely observe. Like in meditation, except that you use it in the field instead of "official" sitting pose. This is what I call - experiencing life instead of thinking about it.
Oh dear, maybe that is why my binaural beats experience was trippy! I will try again and not exceed the recommended dosage...

That is very interesting about the walking and focus of attention on your feet causing such a good experience! I am definitely trying to be more present and allowing myself to actually feel what is happening around me. I did spend a good five minutes enjoying the sensation of the air on my hands as I moved them around, feeling the pressure exerted on my hands, it almost felt like the air was thick. It made me think of the stereotypical hippy dancing on the beach, hands flailing around, smile on face.

I have felt these mildly orgasmic 'chills' going through me at times, sometimes when I am appreciating things around me, or when I feel in awe of something (such as the night sky).

Just wondering if you concentrate on one thing for your subliminals or whether you lump a load of different things into one recording?

I will get over my fear and record my voice for my own subliminal thing.
Quite excited about trying it in all honesty.

Have you noticed results from doing it, I mean in specific areas rather than generally feeling better? (Such as overcoming a fear of driving or something)
Old 22-01-2016, 09:34 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Just wondering if you concentrate on one thing for your subliminals or whether you lump a load of different things into one recording?

I will get over my fear and record my voice for my own subliminal thing.
Quite excited about trying it in all honesty.

Have you noticed results from doing it, I mean in specific areas rather than generally feeling better? (Such as overcoming a fear of driving or something)
I just put all of my affirmations in one recording. Although as I remembered more, I recorded those two and spliced that into the track as well.
Just put yourself into relaxed state before you read them, and you will see, that you will actually enjoy your calming voice. (if you also use them as regular affirmation recording). I use them both ways.
As for results, so far I am into them more seriously just over a month, so it is hard to say yet.
However couple of days ago I had a brake failure on my car (master cylinder), and if I had not changed into Park while still rolling, I would have hit a car in front of me. It wasn't particularly fun , however one of my affirmations is -only the good can come into my life now. So I consider, that this is a good thing in a long run, and even in short -I was doing EFT and EMDR around this, and it brought up other times, where I felt like I had no control at all of what will happen, so it helped me to work those through too.
So fear of driving as your example kind of fits here except I hope I didn't manifest it now - should get the car back today or tomorrow, so then we will see. I was afraid to drive before, because when I was about six, little girl jumped out into the street in front of my dad's car, and even though he slammed on the brakes, he still hit her, though not as bad as it would have been otherwise. She had broken leg, but was conscious -we brought her to the hospital, and she was even friendly to me as we both sat in the back seat. That accident made me afraid to drive, especially because it was nothing that my dad could have done any different. So my brake failure was kind of situation like that -out of my direct physical control. I want to surrender that fear. Yes, things can happen, and it is okay. And on the other hand we can create better with our vibration, and sometimes, what looks like a negative thing, turns out to be a great thing, especially so, if we do not focus on it as a negative thing.
Old 23-01-2016, 05:00 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder
I feel like I might have summoned someone because she fit my imaginings/visions so exactly, but by the time she came into my life I wanted completely different things which was difficult and awkward for me.