Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 05-10-2014, 03:46 PM
Master
our consciousness when we sleep?

Hi
I want to know what happens to our consciousness when we sleep?
Like i cant remember anything except when i dream but if you cant remember
where does it go?
CAN YOU ASTRAL PROJECT IN YOUR SLEEP?
What really happens when you astral project is it real?
thanks
Old 05-10-2014, 08:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony c
Hi
where does it go?
thanks
Dreaming and astral projection are practically the same thing so yes, you can astral project when you sleep. When you sleep your consciousness goes into a different body and different dimension same as it does when you astral project. Astral projection and dreaming (sleeping) are practically the same thing since they both can and do occur in the same relative dimensions and bodies. The only real difference is if you are or are not in a conscious state of thought and awareness, and the time in which you do or do not enter a conscious state of thought and awareness. Everybody dreams but everybody does not remember/recall their dreams, they still do dream and their consciousness still shifts into different bodies and dimensions no different than those who remember their dreams. Yes astral projection is real. In some ways it is realer than the physical world, our physical bodies, and our physical life. Because in reality the worlds we experience in dreams and projections are the worlds we originate from and will return to. They were here before we were living as physical Human-beings in this dimension on Earth and they will be there after our lives are over. So in a way waking-life is actually the dream and our "dreams" are actually the real world.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:05 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony c
Hi
where does it go?
thanks
Astral projection can be real and it can also be not real. Sometimes we astral project and we can fall into a dream so it is not real. You might see a cat that has five eyes. When you wake up you know that was not real. Sometimes a part of it was real and parts of it was not real.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:46 AM
Knower
You can meditate regularly, it will help to recall dreams. I would recommend keeping a diary though if you really want to keep track of them. So as soon as you wake up and are in awe of what just happened, open up your diary and jot it down.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth
You can meditate regularly, it will help to recall dreams. I would recommend keeping a diary though if you really want to keep track of them. So as soon as you wake up and are in awe of what just happened, open up your diary and jot it down.
I do meditate regularly.
Thanks for advice and i do remember some dreams.
I just want to know does your consciousness stay with you while you sleep and u can't remember it or does it stay for a while and then go some were?
Old 06-10-2014, 03:56 PM
Knower
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
Astral projection can be real and it can also be not real. Sometimes we astral project and we can fall into a dream so it is not real. You might see a cat that has five eyes. When you wake up you know that was not real. Sometimes a part of it was real and parts of it was not real.

I believe that it's all real.... what makes this dimension or the experience any different than the dreaming state? Maybe we are all dreaming this dream as well. I've experienced far too many things that we're alien in nature, other dimensions, that I can't even come close to explaining in our limited language.

I'm not sure if astral projection and lucid dreaming are the same, but I believe astral projection is achieved in deep states of meditation - lucid dreaming occurs when you consciously become aware of yourself in a dream. In this state you can go anywhere in your dream, even access dimensions of power if done correctly. Some of the coolest books that I've ever read about the subject of dreams, sorcery and different dimensions are by Carlos Castaneda. He studied with a Yaqui Sorcerer for many years, eventually becoming the Nagual .... The technique he shares for achieving lucid dreaming has worked for me each and every time. One technique is to consciously tell yourself to "find your hands" before falling asleep! It works.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:43 PM
Experiencer
this reality is the most lucid one for most people.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeracura222
I believe that it's all real.... what makes this dimension or the experience any different than the dreaming state? Maybe we are all dreaming this dream as well. I've experienced far too many things that we're alien in nature, other dimensions, that I can't even come close to explaining in our limited language.
I completely agree with you there. As I'm sure you know astral projection isn't always going to be purely good experiences and unfortunately some people would rather convince themselves that those experiences weren't real than face their fears and learn from the experiences, it's a shame because there is so much to learn from the unpleasant and uncomfortable experiences we have during astral projection. And so they write books and try desperately to convince others than when they or anyone else for that matter has an unpleasant or scary experience it simply came from their mind and/or their thoughts.

On another note what we experience in dreams and astral projections including the bodies and dimensions in many ways are more real than the physical dimension and our physical bodies. This physical high-density dimension we live in on Earth has been molded in many ways to resemble the dimensions we originate from, specifically the technology. They had computers long before we did and so forth. The dimensions we experience in dreams and projections are where we come from and where we will return when our physical life is over. When we dream and project we are experiencing worlds that are far more abiding and permanent than this physical dimension will ever be. So in many ways this physical life and physical dimension is the impermanent dream world.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:59 AM
Hadit

Consciousness is generally defined as awareness, and when we are asleep we have no awareness with the exception of lucid dreaming. This is why things like sleep paralysis evolved, so we cannot hurt ourselves or any such thing in sleep. This is also why dreams are out of our control unless we train ourselves in lucid dreaming. As far as astral projection goes, I would say one needs to be awake and conscious. Astral projection is controlled to my understanding, it takes focus. One may dream that they are projecting but I would differentiate between the two, though I see no over importance in that distinction.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:16 AM
KevinO

I agree with Aeracura222, it is all real. A way to look at this universe is we occupy places in it with more or less consciousness. The more conscious we are of something, the more we are there, so the more real it is. When you begin to consciously, meaning by decision, to look outside, new places open up, gradually. It may be useful to consider dropping concepts and names and simply appreciate what is happening. It is your reality, after all, and what anyone thinks of it but you is relevant only as much as you want it to be.