Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 19-06-2014, 09:43 AM
yogagalbristol

A focused mind or no mind? Please help!

So I'm meditating and I'm focusing on my chosen object of meditation (the breath). I'm on the breath, on the breath. Thoughts come and I keep coming back to the breath. So I am one pointed focused. And then I let go of even the thought of being one with the breath and my mind goes quiet completely. I am aware of all the sensations of the present but not channelling in on the breath exclusively. I guess this is what the sages call 'no mind', where I have forgot/let go of everything. Then thoughts and stuff come back. And I have some anxiety that I actually should be keeping with that one point (the breath) throughout. Because if I'm forgetting everything then I have lost the original focus? Isn't the practice to stay with the concentration point in mind??

Confused!
Fleur
Old 19-06-2014, 02:31 PM
Master
You are doing great!

All that worry is the mind not wanting to be silent. Everything is easy including the focus on the breath.

So, you concentrate on the breath and when you notice you are off of the breath you go back to it. That easy. You don't rest in the silence and then only go back to the breath when you notice your thoughts.

Each time you are on your breath and lose it. You are going deeper and deeper. It is a letting go of all worry. If you are thinking about the silence or anything besides the feeling or your breath, let it go and go back to your breathing.

Here is a much better explaination than what I can do. Really all I am doing is stealing the information from HERE. While different from breath it is all still the same.

I hope that helps.