Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology > Astronomy

Old 14-03-2013, 07:47 PM
Experiencer
Thoughts about the Universe?

I am unsure if this topic has been posted already or not (probably has) I did a search & didn't see anything--maybe i'm doing it wrong.

Anyways. Lately I have developed a huge curiosity of creation in general & questioning how the universe was created? Of course no one can really KNOW this for sure..but what are some of your general theories, opinions & beliefs on this topic? I want to know! There HAS to be something more than this...what do you guys think of String Theory & how it relates to this? Evolution thoughts? "Big Bang", etc. etc.

I don't buy the general view that "God" actually created everything...because there had to have been something that created God & so on..it is an infinite process, but how was time in general established?! How did EVERYTHING come about is my question? Think deep. :) I look forward to reading everyone's opinions. :)

P.S. If this has already been posted maybe someone can redirect me to the thread..? :)
Old 17-03-2013, 09:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexa_summer
I am unsure if this topic has been posted already or not (probably has) I did a search & didn't see anything--maybe i'm doing it wrong.
Quote:

Anyways. Lately I have developed a huge curiosity of creation in general & questioning how the universe was created? Of course no one can really KNOW this for sure..but what are some of your general theories, opinions & beliefs on this topic? I want to know! There HAS to be something more than this...what do you guys think of String Theory & how it relates to this? Evolution thoughts? "Big Bang", etc. etc.

I don't buy the general view that "God" actually created everything...because there had to have been something that created God & so on..it is an infinite process, but how was time in general established?! How did EVERYTHING come about is my question? Think deep. :) I look forward to reading everyone's opinions. :)

P.S. If this has already been posted maybe someone can redirect me to the thread..? :)

Well, regarding the last statements you might post why you feel that there had to be something before God, Who is eternal?
The eternal situation is a timeless one. Which understanding physics supports, telling us time and space are illusions.

There are various theories on the, "Big Bang", (Shine). Such as with, "Brane", theory.
Which does indicate that something existed before it.

Also, "The Holographic Universe","M-Theory", (or Matrix), and,
that the Universe is Conscious.

All of which I subscribe to.
Physicist David Deutch has offered a more accurate definition of, "Life" also, indicating that the definition of Life involves the ability to communicate information.
Which would therefore include what is considered inanimate, such as rocks.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 29-05-2013, 06:59 AM
vicky9902

It is really a very great matter to be discussed upon. A lot of theories have been deduced. But such nice discussions updates our knowledge and interest.
Carry on and all the best
Old 17-06-2013, 11:34 PM
Master
Well tell you what. Since Science tells us that Time is illusory, and that Space and Gravity are related, why not think about things in that context?
Start with just Time.

Possible?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 01-07-2013, 09:30 AM
Mazulu

The universe was born as a singularity. Where ever it came, God still claims credit for it. However, Stephen Hawking claims that no God was needed, and that universes can pop into existence from nothingness. Stephen Hawking is currently carving his own magic wand.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:41 AM
Master

Not a clue I'm afraid but it is a subject I love pondering. I don't think we will ever know.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:24 AM
Experiencer
I love this discussion.. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazulu
The universe was born as a singularity. Where ever it came, God still claims credit for it. However, Stephen Hawking claims that no God was needed, and that universes can pop into existence from nothingness. Stephen Hawking is currently carving his own magic wand.
I've been watching Into the Universe with Steven Hawking & discovered that..& wondered how that could even be possible. We're proof that a higher being exists, therefore science was also created by that being ('God'), correct?
Old 14-07-2013, 08:42 AM
Master
We tend to think of the, "big bang, (shine), as a one time, and past event. Yes?
Meanwhile it is ever ongoing, and developing and we are all part of it. And we are conscious.

Now, eliminate time from the equation.

Old 14-07-2013, 10:37 AM
Mazulu

Quote:
I love this discussion.. :)

I've been watching Into the Universe with Steven Hawking & discovered that..& wondered how that could even be possible. We're proof that a higher being exists, therefore science was also created by that being ('God'), correct?

Yes it is proof that God exists. It is proof that God is the a spiritual entity upon which the laws of physics and physics constants are made manifest.
Old 14-07-2013, 09:40 PM
Master
The big bang is the only theory that makes any sense so far, so until a better theory comes along, I'll stick to the big bang, not believing in it, but seeing it as a possibility.