Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 08-06-2017, 05:24 PM
Ascender
I opened your profile, you even have a TF. I've been searching for someone like me but haven't found one. You're so lucky!
Old 08-06-2017, 06:05 PM
Suspended
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Perhaps that's more about you and your relationship to the world:
So let me get this straight, my feelings/comments towards this world and god are bad, but not the bad things in this world that god has allowed or created? Gotcha!
Old 08-06-2017, 06:20 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkusername
Hello,
To start this off, I don't know if this is the right discussion area to write this post, if it isn't, feel free to move me & I apologize, I just couldn't find anywhere else where this could fit. I'm genuinely starting to believe there has been a curse planted on my life. My life has been terrible for these past years, every time I take two steps forwards it's three steps back. Nothing can ever go right for me. I really think there's been a cursed place on my life because prior to this, my life has been well & nice. Does anyone know how to get rid of a curse? Or just anything that can help me? Please.

What age are you? I ask because I went through a bloody awful few years from about the age of 28 onwards. It was down to my saturn return and some other astrological stuff going on. I'm at the other side now but it was really tough!

I hope you can overcome whatever you are going through, try and find the lessons in the hardest of situations, they are there you just need to look really hard sometimes.

Good luck for the future!
Old 08-06-2017, 06:21 PM
Suspended
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I myself try not to mix with hateful people, there is a log out button available.
First of all, I never would've joined if it wasn't for some nutjob harassing me. I am not a spiritual person, so under any other circumstances would you ever find me on here. Don't flatter yourself. I joined to ask advice regarding a situation about some creep stalking me with witchcraft. But I will be leaving now because one thing I have been noticing is karma. The ugly bum has fallen on hard times. So there is nothing you people can do for me anymore.

It was disturbing seeing the kind of responses I was getting. And other responses other people were getting. One girl didn't get a response at all until months later. She was literally having a breakdown and had just about given up on life because she felt she was cursed. It's almost like people on here love reading stuff like that because it makes you feel powerful or something? Makes you feel like a god? Some responses even have a way of blaming the victim. So yes, some people on here are very hateful. Good riddance.
Old 08-06-2017, 06:30 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosity
...try and remain as positive as possible. Keep yourself busy doing things you love.

That is excellent spiritual advice from the heart.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:09 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosity
Some responses even have a way of blaming the victim.

"Victim" is a label that usually does not help one in understanding what is really happening in one's life experience.

Learning to accept self-responsibility means learning to acknowledge one's inner creative power. It means accepting responsibility for one's own thoughts and feelings, one's own beliefs.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with blame. This is not justifying any negative behavior on the part of one who may attack another. Blame is an attitude of accusation that is negative; it is fear-based.

If a person's advice is actually seeking to help empower another--if this is the true intent--then any words that may be offered that suggest accepting self-responsibility are words that are not blameful in nature.

Spiritual self-responsibility and blame two very different things. Most people tend to mistake blame for responsibility. In a true spiritual context, they are two very different things, even though many English speakers tend to see "responsibility" and "blame" as synonyms, such as when a tragedy occurs and questions like the following are sometimes asked:

"Who is to blame?" and "Who is responsible?"

Please note that in the above example, the word "responsible" is used in a very different context than is used by one who with deep compassion is not pointing a finger but is rather pointing out one's inner power. There is a huge difference in context, you see?

There is nothing hateful about pointing out one's inner power (when done so with an honest, loving intention), which includes the fact that one is always sending out impressions via their thoughts/feelings/beliefs. The way we FEEL actually does alter not only the way we perceive the world, but HOW it personally manifests for us. This is the essence of true physics.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:21 PM
Master
Color me confused. I honestly never saw anyone being hateful or making comments that could be seen as that.
I did however see people all offering the most helpful advice they could from where they currently have understanding.
And I do see this thread becoming about someone other than the original poster, which isn't helpful to the Posters situation.

With that said....For our Poster: You've been given some practical and useful advice. Happiness really is an inside - out job. We must tend our thoughts, tend our action and tend our reaction in order to know peace within our selves.
Cultivate all manner of ways to keep your inner head talk happy and productive. A mind allowed to be untended will run amok, blame others, make everything about themselves personally and so on - the usual result is suffering and unhappiness....at best. There are even worse possibilities available of a mind out of control.
A mind carefully tended and monitored is like fertile soil in which a rich gardens blooms from.

We are what we think and we CAN control our thoughts.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:46 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
And I do see this thread becoming about someone other than the original poster, which isn't helpful to the Posters situation.

It is simultaneously still very much about the original poster, in terms that we are all One, and also about the opinions of others who post.

Remember, when a person posts a response in a thread, on a personal level they are in essence posting something selfishly--that is--with an agenda to express THEIR point-of-view, as well as first and foremost to derive some personal benefit. Few people actually inwardly admit this, yet it is nevertheless so.

Of course, no one offers advice "selflessly" just so that only the receiver of it will benefit.

This thread is not all about the original poster. No thread really is. This is a community with many people with many perspectives, who often direct their responses to specific points that are mentioned in a post, and also to specific persons, so of course in that sense the direction of conversation is often "all over the place" in a manner of speaking.

If an original poster is TRULY open to accepting advice, he or she will feel free to simply use what he/she feels is most personally resonated with, without worrying about the outer appearance of the thread.

Most of the regular advice-givers in this community tend to give their opinion even when a number of others have given theirs. To help prevent what may be perceived as an "over-load" of advice or suggestions, I deliberately almost never give advice/suggestions in a thread where many others have already done a great job of doing so, even if I would be the second person to offer advice (in those threads where the original poster asks for advice). It is rare for me.

CrystalSong, as someone who very, very often offers suggestions, know that your own efforts often contribute to that "isn't helpful" that you perceive, in that you are giving fuel for people to respond to YOU personally in a thread, and not to the original poster. This is not a big deal or nothing to be really concerned about, CrystalSong.

This is simply the nature of an Internet thread that has multiple members posting in it.

Claiming that it is not helpful is a bit of a fear-based exaggeration, if it is of deep concern to you, that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
Color me confused.

If you felt somewhat confused, that is not because of what others posted in this thread, it is your own reaction, period. This is according to what YOU yourself teach, CrystalSong.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:57 PM
Master
I can't help but grin at this point.
Old 08-06-2017, 08:29 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness
Hi. A Course in Miracles doesn't assist people in "casting out" the ego, it helps people learn how to be guided primarily by love instead of fear, which is to be guided by the Holy Spirit/Higher Self instead of the lower ego.

In actuality, even the "Higher Self" or "Holy Spirit" is a "higher" vibrational/dimensional form of ego, in the understanding that ego is really just the sense-awareness, "I am," the basic sense of self.

The "Holy Spirit" that A Course in Miracles speaks of is still a type of self, by definition, for like the ego it is still part of the duality drama, albeit it represents the return to unity consciousness and our True Nature.

It is not possible to have a human experience without an ego. The entire phenomenal universe exists by virtue of ego in the sense, "I exist," as all beings have a basic sense of being/existing. The Universal Mind, which we are all part of, can be said to be a type of Universal Self/Ego.

Dead right. Without ego one has no identity, even at the level of Self. It's just more refined and less tied to material earth at that level.

If I had questions here they'd be "why would someone curse you?"
And "Did you do something that, if you search your conscience, would prompt someone to curse you?"
"Who have you met you would curse you or commission someone to do so?"
"Have you offended someone and left them with a contact object - photo, lock of hair, piece of clothing etc?"

Because cursing someone isn't that simple. It takes skill and work.

Could the down have been triggered because an expectation in which you set great hope hasn't materialised?

Anyway, I hope you can find answers.