Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 05-06-2014, 06:32 AM
Experiencer

Random old memories.

Lately I've been getting random old memories re-surfacing at random times completely out of context. They just flash up in my mind, sometimes they come in strings of several memories. What puzzles me most is how clear they are considering how old they are and how long since I thought of it. It's like I had forgotten it long ago, but it's still there somehow.

Unlike everyday memories I can't hold it to analyze it, it just flashes up and disappears. And by just typing this post I've counted probably 10 flashes. It happens even when I don't meditate, on the other hand I'm being mindful pretty much all day every day.

Anyone experience anything similar? Is there a point to it?
Old 05-06-2014, 03:27 PM
Deactivated Account

Hello Dwerg, very interesting on the memory flashbacks. I haven't experienced anything like this, but I am wondering if you see them long enough to notice .... if there is a particular person or time period that the memories are from ? I know you said they aren't there long enough to analyze but maybe a quick glimpse of someone ?

Maybe there is something currently happening in your life that has a connection, subconsciously, to something similar that happened in the past ?

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 05-06-2014, 08:43 PM
Experiencer

I say out of context because it has no connection to something currently happening in my life. Mostly memories are recalled by external triggers, and usually I have very good memory control.

I can easily recall a vast amount of information within the flashes. People, actions, feelings, objects and to some extent interactions. I get a flash of the general situation, then flashes of parts of it. Maybe I just have to completely re-construct it to analyze it. I have done it before, but it takes a whole lot of effort.

I might just have to deal with it, I can feel that there's something I'm missing.
Old 28-06-2014, 12:32 AM
Pathfinder

Angel1

This happens to me A LOT but unlike yours where it's actual memories, mine are dreams! It will be dreams that I have forgotten and/or dreams from a LONG time ago. Just snippets, nothing concrete. I don't know about you, but it's something I can do at will.
Old 28-06-2014, 05:52 PM
Seeker

emotional clearing

Hi dwerg

Are they memory's and emotions that you suppressed in your past because they were difficult to deal with at the time, iv had the same experiences myself
Even things that I thought didn't even bother me at the time have been coming
To the surface but the difference this time is that they do bother me for some
Reason and I feel really emotional when I remember them now. It's made me realise just how much I used to bottle things up in the past and now they're
Coming back to be cleared.
Old 29-06-2014, 03:12 AM
Master

I too are going to say that they could be attached to emotion clearing and those energies coming up even if you arent feeling them. Are the flashbacks of things which in the part would of carried some kind of negative emotional charge even if only a small one? eg a day where you didnt win a school race :)
Old 29-06-2014, 04:00 AM
Master
I have a personal belief that memories that seem "random" or are from early in life or seem to have nothing really happen in them--are retained for particular reasons. I think that they usually have some paranormal/spiritual aspect to them that happened along with the part we remember, which we block out.

SO, they are retained in our memory because something else spiritual happened at that time which we are not yet able to accept. And I suspect that those particular memories are formative in our lives.

For instance, I have memories of being about 2 or 3 in a crib waking in the afternoon, hearing the adults talking and laughing downstairs. I remember reaching up my arms. Now in my earlier memories, I just remembered holding up my arm and deciding it felt good.

As time went on, I realized I was reaching up to someone. And later, I felt it was a grandfather who had died four years before I was born. I always felt a closeness to him--was attached to his middle name, and he was integral to helping me during a difficult time with my family.

So, that's my story. Does any of this make sense for you? Or are the memories so hard to remember that you can't make these kind of evaluations? Could it be that you will "remember" parts of these in more detail as time goes on? I find that lucid images and memories have the ability to bring forward other related information much, much later. It's the holographic detail idea.

Anything ring a bell?

Lora
Old 29-06-2014, 05:14 AM
Master
I think they pop up as missing pieces and soon enough the whole lot fits together.