Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 05-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Time

"onsidering that 80 to 90% of the soy and corn that is produced is fed to animals, I think it is fair to say that most of the grain produced in North America is going to animals. Of course they are also being fed the sick bodies of other animals as well as the manure of one another "

The only reason why they are sickly is becasue we feed them grains....

"onsidering that 80 to 90% of the soy and corn that is produced is fed to animals"

I thik i have a problem with this statistic. SInce 75% of all ariable land is used for farms (cow chicken, veggies), your telling me that over 70% of all land in the states is used to feed the cows? That doesnt make sence even from the normal farming stance. There are more people then cows generaly, so why wouldnt almots all the grain be used to feed cow ( not everyone eats beef all day every day).

Can you please link me the study where this stat is from please? Id loe to see the whole thing.

"hat I have noticed here, is that some here who would push the 'meat agenda' have mentioned that they agree that we treat animals badly and isn't that a shame, but how many of you have even hinted at your own decision to at least cut back?"

I dont eat that much meat. Usualy only a meal a day. Im eating a huge bowl of mixed fruit as we speak ( not local, and i know how much things died in the process of farming the fruit, and as well, the waste of gas transporting it, but im working on that, one step at a time) If i do, I eat chicken ( farmed in alberta, and yes ive seen most of the farms round calgary
Old 05-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
I dont eat that much meat. Usualy only a meal a day. Im eating a huge bowl of mixed fruit as we speak ( not local, and i know how much things died in the process of farming the fruit, and as well, the waste of gas transporting it, but im working on that, one step at a time) If i do, I eat chicken ( farmed in alberta, and yes ive seen most of the farms round calgary
Chicken is my favourite meat. When I started eating that again I could notice the difference quickly. It gives me quite an energy boost..

In contrast, fish seems to be a very neutral food. And veggie burgers.. it's funny, one of those makes me more full than half a chicken! You should try it out.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:43 PM
DebbyM

Aren't you glad that we had a chance to talk on all this folks? We can always take a cue from how our politicians communicate and do just the opposite. That's what is needed, frank, civilized discussion with the emphasis on civilized and I think that's what we've succeeded in doing and I for one am glad of it.