Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

View Poll Results: What are twin flames exactly?
Romantic feelings mixed with mythology 10 14.71%
Two souls that were cut in half and have to unite again 25 36.76%
Different name for soul mates (people you bonded with in a past life) 6 8.82%
Other.. 27 39.71%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-2010, 10:41 PM
LadyImpreza1111

We shouldn't doubt ourselves.....but doubt our beliefs and opinions? That sounds contradictory to me. I don't doubt myself OR my beliefs or opinions.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyImpreza1111
We shouldn't doubt ourselves.....but doubt our beliefs and opinions? That sounds contradictory to me. I don't doubt myself OR my beliefs or opinions.
Why is it contradictory? Do you believe you are your beliefs and opinions?
Sooner or later, beliefs and opinions change. If we change them, then there was doubt at work.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:50 PM
LadyImpreza1111

My opinions/beliefs regarding the twin flame thing won't change because it's for LIFE. It doesn't stop even if I don't end up with my twin.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:19 AM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyImpreza1111
I agree 100%
People can search fanatically for written documentation but even then, it won't have any relevance unless they experience it themselves.

I agree wholeheartedly. Despite all I've read and heard, nothing compared to the personal experience.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:35 AM
LadyImpreza1111

Yup!Thank You.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:12 PM
DulcePoetica

The most important question here, in my opinion is this:

If the writings don't effectively describe the experience, why are we so attached to the terminology?

I could go on a heartless rant here to point out all the contradictions that exist within the innumerable twin flame explanations presented here and all over the internet, but I'll spare you all. Let me just say this: some material says "there is no conflict between twins" and an equal amount of contradictory material states "the twin flame relationship is fraught with conflict."

So knowing that both statements are put forward to describe the same phenomena, we need to make a choice between them in order to build our own belief system. Our choice is based on which suits our personal experience. Naturally. But that actually proves the point that we have already decided that we have ourselves a twin and so we are "willing to accept" that some of the material out there is wrong, or that every relationship is different, etc.

The point is, that the word "twin" could be interchanged with "alien counterpart" or "parallel incarnation" or even "upside-down monkey self" and as long as we are determined to believe in it, we will find explanations that suit our mental choice of terminology. That's a fact. There is no reason to be threatened by it, every single person who believes in twin flames has done it. We selectively choose what we will and won't believe customized to match what we want our experience to mean.

All this time and energy spent believing in a pre-determined phenomena is wasted. If it truly is a special relationship meant to advance our souls, then we should stop trying to prove it and get busy cultivating our spirits. Why does no one on this forum ever talk about that part?

I think these types of relationships have tremedous significance and serve an important spiritual purpose. Were it not for the incessant nagging of the spiritual nature of this relationship, I would never have looked within myself for answers and discovered my soul in a new way. I won't say I don't care about why it only occurs with this one individual in my life, I won't say I'm not dying of curiosity, or that I don't imagine and look forward to the promise of reunion that all these definitions offer. (To me, the number one appeal of buying into the label is the comfort of the part that says we are meant to one day come together. Yay!) But in all seriousness, I think all of that is beside the point. Instead of focusing on the current temperature of this relationship at all times, I try to actively develop the intuitive, empathic and energy skills that this soul connection has brought to the surface of my consciousness. I try to apply what I learn to all areas of my life, not just one frustrating, indefinable, amorphous and complicated relationship with someone I am not even committed to in any earthly way.

All these symptoms and coincidences are meant to get our attention. When the fire alarm goes off, we should not all stand around talking about the sound and feel of the alarm in efforts to prove that there is a fire, we should do something! GET OUT OF THE BUILDING. What do the inner signs of this relationship point to in ourselves?

This may not be helpful to anyone, but it has done wonders for me. I meet with a spiritual counselor every week to discuss the transformation that has been triggered by meeting a particular soul connection. Part of my self-chosen discipline is to never mention the person on the other end of the connection when discussing my own personal development. That is how I keep the focus where it belongs: inside myself.

Last edited by DulcePoetica : 12-11-2010 at 08:34 PM.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Master
DP, there is no disagreement. Even if you're well on your path, this sort of connection pushes you so much further and deeper...into yourself, your own fears, & your own truths.

Though your self-imposed discipline is artificial, I respect that you have chosen to do that in order to focus on what you can control (so to speak... LOL), yourself. And I know that the pain of separation is real, whether or not your partner (soul partner) acknowledges that or not.

I don't know your personal situation in any detail. But I will say this...this connection requires so much honesty, vulnerability, and trust...I had to have the courage to admit my feelings...and even harder, my needs...and even harder, my fears...

Yes this connection is a source of unconditional love, of incredible brilliance and spiritual depth, and it gives you wings on the one hand...

But this connection is also like the Mirror of Erised (Harry Potter/PS)...it shows you and your partner nothing less, and nothing more, than the deepest desires of your soul...

Of course he would still love me, but my partner would have surely been disappointed if I had not had the courage to be honest and admit my feelings...and to (eventually) learn how to reach out for him when I needed support to admit my needs..and my fears.

I am the one that had to do it...but I don't need to shut out the love and the support...nor do I need to shut off the love and support I give to him. And disappointing him is like tearing out my own heart. I can't do, and I won't. I have so much love, respect and admiration for him. And I want all that from him as well, honestly given. If any of this speaks to you, then brill

Cheers!
and peace & blessings,
7L
Old 12-11-2010, 08:58 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DulcePoetica
The most important question here, in my opinion is this:

If the writings don't effectively describe the experience, why are we so attached to the terminology?

I could go on a heartless rant here to point out all the contradictions that exist within the innumerable twin flame explanations presented here and all over the internet, but I'll spare you all. Let me just say this: some material says "there is no conflict between twins" and an equal amount of contradictory material states "the twin flame relationship is fraught with conflict."

So knowing that both statements are put forward to describe the same phenomena, we need to make a choice between them

With all due respect, why must it be one or the other? Why is it not possible that what is REALLY being indicated is that the Twin Soul experience is not the same for everyone...! That's what my inner knowing is telling me, and I trust that above all else About the only thing ALL the material available agrees on is that it's intense... whether intensely pleasureable or intensely UNpleasant, it is never-the-less intense. As one who had the privilege to share 22 years of wedded bliss with a Twin Soul, I can tell you I experienced both of those two opposites, but without a doubt the rapturous sharing of unfathomable love was by far the more common. We did have challenging times now and again, and they were perhaps more so than they would have been in an ordinary non-twin relationship, but they were well worth it for all the many glorious joy-filled times. And here's the rub when it comes to twin souls... who can better push your buttons than your own self??
Old 12-11-2010, 09:38 PM
DulcePoetica

I admit I used dismissive language to emphasize my point. That was misleading I guess, though in my defense, I did remove the word "stupid" from my original post!

I have just noticed in myself, that while it is the closest description of the experience, even the description of the twin dynamic only scratches at the surface. If I get pulled into the descriptions offered by that terminology, I am limiting my experience, and also - far worse- viewing my experience through the filter of someone else's pre-existing assumptions.

What takes place between us is as it is. I experience it with more clarity when I do not wrap it in the assumption "because we are twin flames."

The dynamic is written about by many cultures, the explanation of the origin of the connection is what seems to differ. Just like with all mythology/religion, different cultures use different stories to explain universal mystical experiences. The truth is the experience, not the explanation.

To answer the question "What are twin flames, exactly?"; I say, "two words."
Old 12-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DulcePoetica
I admit I used dismissive language to emphasize my point. That was misleading I guess, though in my defense, I did remove the word "stupid" from my original post!

I have just noticed in myself, that while it is the closest description of the experience, even the description of the twin dynamic only scratches at the surface. If I get pulled into the descriptions offered by that terminology, I am limiting my experience, and also - far worse- viewing my experience through the filter of someone else's pre-existing assumptions.

What takes place between us is as it is. I experience it with more clarity when I do not wrap it in the assumption "because we are twin flames."

The dynamic is written about by many cultures, the explanation of the origin of the connection is what seems to differ. Just like with all mythology/religion, different cultures use different stories to explain universal mystical experiences. The truth is the experience, not the explanation.

To answer the question "What are twin flames, exactly?"; I say, "two words."

Yer...doesn't matter what you call it...what matters is the connection you share. But till you can admit how you feel, you may feel that your partner (soul partner) is reluctant to open up to you. Men have their pride...and if he really loves you, then all the more reason to want to know where your heart is. It's true the love is unconditional, but we are only human, and first and foremost we are dealing with another person...and a heart and soul that must be honoured.

I'm getting a feeling of your partner's energy...seems like he's waiting for you to bring things to the surface and own your feelings. Not to pry...it's just coming off your words.

Cheers DP...and all the best...we've all been there...and no idea where it's all going yet either
7L