Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 15-02-2018, 02:00 PM
Master
This mystic fest sure rings my personal bell!

Adding some second-hand muse-ic:

"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."

"And [he] a took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and ... said, Take, eat; this is my body. And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; For this is my blood ... "

"There was a man [a couple of 'em actually] ... whose name was John [whose names were Joe and Sentient]. The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world."

Thanks you two for re-presenting the One!
Old 15-02-2018, 02:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Well, when talking about ‘group-think’ – many of the coastal peoples I know are now doing these vanishing Totemic Ancestor images out of the rubbish killing everything in the sea.
The depth of this grief I have not even dared to feel properly – but what you suppress/bottle up comes up like Whoooosh! OUCH – a dagger right through the heart, since Nature/Forest still IS my ‘Church’.
These are the open wounds that just won’t heal.
Well, maybe not everything - one can hope so at least.

'Awakened' mystics and bard are 'serving' as 'awakeners' - and idea (meme?) engineers like myself are busy 'designing' what it will practically take to 'live through' the 'demise' of the 'old' and create the next, 'improved version' of 'civilization'.

Here's the hopefully 'hooking' preamble to Ch.3 in the book I wrote with such 'task' and 'aim' in mind:

"What ground for hope is there? Our situation seems to be going from bad to worse. At times, you may well wonder if there’s possibility of significant betterment.

Almost everywhere, levels of insidious kinds of pollution are increasing. Resource systems which took ages to develop are being damaged and depleted. Yet, growing numbers persist in being destructively exploitative and continue to foul their environs further, even as despoliation threatens to overwhelm us and catastrophes loom imminent.

At the same time, with more and more sophisticated weapons being built and more and more having access to their use, violence is running amuck—trumpeted as necessity if not gloried in, and frequently brutally resorted to. In many quarters there is fighting and killing; some seeking to obtain what they think they’ve been denied, others wishing to hold on to what they think of as theirs, or just avenge what they feel they’ve suffered or lost. Instead of being an expression of voluntary choice and cooperation, when and where existent, peace and social order are, for the most part, maintained by threat of sanctions and the coercive use of force.

Even where it is functionally implemented, the institution of democracy is proving a questionable improvement. Because of widespread limitations in comprehension and absence of foresight, “Two heads are better than one” is all too often not an operative principle. Instead of being benevolent advocates and custodians of Life-as-a-Whole, ‘leaders’ and ‘speakers’ are generally just fronts and mouthpieces for the selfish cravings of conglomerate masses.

For the most part, dinosaurean interest groups dominate the field, while the recesses of our commonwealth are preyed upon by packs of hungry dogs. The human arena is becoming more and more of a rat-race, with individuals and groups madly consuming and competing. All over the planet, Creativity is being ravished and trampled by anxiety-ridden, greed-driven hordes.

What good can we do in face of such onslaught?
"

P.S. This writing is not aimed at mystics and bards who are already serving as 'portals' for the Cosmic Life-Energy Life to flow into 'the mix'. It is (hopefully) presented to inspire and motivate 'worker' types - there's no (real) 'reason' for anyone to 'languish' - no end to the number of 'jobs' that could love-and-joy-meaning-fully be 'done'!

Please also know that I too have experienced the deep 'wounding' and am in 'full' 'recovery' mode as well. And from that perspective can attest that Life IS glorious (pain and loss included!).
The greater the at-first-seeming curse, the greater the ultimately realized blessing!

Woohoo!
Old 15-02-2018, 10:42 PM
Master
Just an interlude – as I try to gather my thoughts – a painting made in a Alice Springs prison - I had saved in my files and so I had named the painting “Correctional Centre” (but perhaps the artist was just depicting “My Country” and had also named it as such):

Australia - *One Country - Two Laws*.

Last edited by sentient : 16-02-2018 at 12:31 AM.
Old 16-02-2018, 07:45 AM
Master

Quote:
P.S.

I got curious about your book Joe and wondered what he would mean by ‘European Dreamtime’.

Moriarty:

Ok.
I have got a book by Marija Gimbutas: "The Language of the Goddess", which also deals with Palaeolithic and Upper Palaeolithic myths of Europe.

As to Moriarty’s ‘agenda’ - found this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeCTdXLSE4Q

His talk reminded me of a cultural walk (designed for Westerners) ‘we’ as a group did with an Aboriginal Elder.
Upon entering the forest he said something like this (from memory):

And on we went – simply being within the totality of the forest being …. the Elder directly pointing to the perfect natural order that exists in Nature already without us needing to impose another kind of order upon it.

I have heard of some of these non-dual teachers (Krishnamurti, Eckhart Tolle) and read a little, but have only tuned into what these Aboriginal Elders say and then ‘shifted’ along into non-duality with their pointing …

Thanks for the link, I have heard it before but I listened again. So many points to consider in what he has got to say. The ideas such as the 'Domination over all things idea', the idea of European Civilisation losing it's way etc. It is rich with ideas and I will listen to some of it again and try to read a couple of chapters from his book. Thanks for the reflections and the dreaming. Joe. :)
Also that could be an interesting distinction between people who called themselves non duality teachers, that label has been placed upon them though ? hmmm interesting and other paths like that great aboriginal teacher you speak about.

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 16-02-2018, 07:54 AM
Master

Quote:
Just an interlude – as I try to gather my thoughts – a painting made in a Alice Springs prison - I had saved in my files and so I had named the painting “Correctional Centre” (but perhaps the artist was just depicting “My Country” and had also named it as such):

Australia - *One Country - Two Laws*.

That's a great photograph sentient, with three subjects, lots of depth and an allusion to the Dreamtime coming through the representational of the trinitarian layout, nice, also a very striking quote. Australia one country, two laws. :) thanks for sharing. Those blue mountains at guys back are rather stunning too. all the best.

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 17-02-2018, 03:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
That's a great photograph sentient, with three subjects, lots of depth and an allusion to the Dreamtime coming through the representational of the trinitarian layout, nice, also a very striking quote. Australia one country, two laws. :) thanks for sharing. Those blue mountains at guys back are rather stunning too. all the best.
Yeah, well, I equate “Correctional Centres” with those Sacred Places in Nature that can ‘align’ us and take us back to our origins beyond space and time.

Quote:
Thanks for the link, I have heard it before but I listened again. So many points to consider in what he has got to say. The ideas such as the 'Domination over all things idea', the idea of European Civilisation losing it's way etc.

Thank You for bringing this up.

I am so curious, where Moriarty would place the ‘European Dreamtime’?

One has to really be interested in this subject matter to listen Marija Gimbuta’s lecture here dealing with the similar issue, (as reference):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU1bEmq_pf0
or
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjE2-H1R9Zs

Lithuanians – genetically - are the most Aboriginal Europeans – Saami and Finnics, I think coming close second (as we have additional Eurasian, Siberian mix and influences), but because Lithuanians I think became an agricultural society early - Gimbuta’s ‘Dreamtime’ seems to be in the Neolithic period, which is a mixture of Palaeolithic & Neolithic symbolism and she then blames the Indo-Europeans

I find Gimbuta’s explanations of the symbolic meanings very interesting, but can only really relate to bits of it, because ‘we’ up in the North were the last hunter-fisher-gatherers and as long as that lifestyle survived, so did the Palaeolithic myths.
The Stone Gods of Sacred places, Totemic Animal fore-fathers, the birth from the Cosmic Egg (usually the duck), the shamanic Three Wolds, The World Pillar, the Masters of the Forest and the Sea, Guardians of Species etc. etc. etc.
The Eurasian Thunderbird, Turanian Tree-Snake worship, Eurasian Earth Diver myths etc. all speak of the Animist-Totemist–Shamanic egalitarian Worldview.
So for us it is more about the “Mythic Images and Shamanism” “The Sámi shaman – mediator between man and universe” - type of books that talk about ‘our’ Dreamtime.
So I blame the agriculturalists, Indo-Europeans and Christians for us having almost lost our ‘Dreamtime’ connection with Nature (blame them all! )

Well - not really - as long as we can go back and back and back to our original connection.
http://www.godeeper.info/uploads/8/2...132_orig.jpg?0

Last edited by sentient : 17-02-2018 at 07:19 AM.
Old 17-02-2018, 02:07 PM
Master
Quote:
- as long as we can go back and back and back to our original connection.
Consciously experiencing/reestablishing the 'connection' is possible.

Life is (like a) river, though. Going 'back' is not an option.
Old 17-02-2018, 02:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Life is (like a) river, though. Going 'back' is not an option.
Correction (LOL!):

SOUL-FULL Life cannot go 'back'. My understanding is that a (nodal) SOUL can 'lose' its coherency (as a SOUL), IOW, it can disintegrate, such that its 'ingredients' get recycled. In terms of the above analogy, one's SOUL may be dispersed as 'rain', i.e. 'go back to go' and start developing (coherency in relation to the Whole) all over again!

That's the perspective supported by by Michael Newton, Ph.D.'s research-based thesis (as presented in his book, Destiny of Souls) at least.
Old 17-02-2018, 03:06 PM
Smile

Iamit, I promise 1 day you will get tired of me thanking you for your threads
over and over and over.
And a big welcome to Slash112.

I'm sure I brought this up before...this group would love the book,
"The Most Direct Means to Eternal Bliss''...more or less some clarity
on Ramana Maharshi and Nigsargadatta's ...becoming aware of Awareness.

And revolver, Hi...and yup well said...only One, just a 'feeling' of disconnect!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-02-2018, 08:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Iamit, I promise 1 day you will get tired of me thanking you for your threads
over and over and over.
And a big welcome to Slash112.

I'm sure I brought this up before...this group would love the book,
"The Most Direct Means to Eternal Bliss''...more or less some clarity
on Ramana Maharshi and Nigsargadatta's ...becoming aware of Awareness.

And revolver, Hi...and yup well said...only One, just a 'feeling' of disconnect!

Thank you Divne Miss. I'm sure your mind has been blown by the the most exquisite frequency matches:) I cannot utter a single word unless you speak:)