Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 04-06-2018, 12:21 AM
Experiencer

Letting go

How do you move on from a person you basically got emotionally involved with for the sake of moving forward and for others that pursue you?

When I say emotionally involved, I don't mean a relationship. It was someone I guess I felt a range of emotions for and there seems to be some residual energy even after I said I basically want nothing to do with you.

I want to stay single anyway, but it's also not fair for those who I talk to and are interested in me. I don't like dancing around something going on in my head/heart...I feel fake and I'm leading them on.

Any advice on how to cut the residual cord?
Old 04-06-2018, 12:31 AM
Experiencer

In my experience in cutting the cord - I regret it. I wish I learned to grow in that experience, to become more mature emotionally/spiritually, enough to handle the unwanted business properly.

Not saying you aren't mature emotionally, and I know its a hard time. But hard times come so you can learn and grow in something. Before you decide to officially cut the cord, please consider why else you might be going through this experience.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:47 PM
Badcopyinc

I always say that best way to let go is to find love for the person you want to let go of. Most of the time we don't let go becasue of want or unresolved issues which usually are only in the past.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliana israel
How do you move on from a person you basically got emotionally involved with for the sake of moving forward and for others that pursue you?

When I say emotionally involved, I don't mean a relationship. It was someone I guess I felt a range of emotions for and there seems to be some residual energy even after I said I basically want nothing to do with you.

Any advice on how to cut the residual cord?

Create a chasm between you & them.

It takes work as it means you adapting your life somewhat but it makes sense to not stick to the same routine & hang around in the same places that originally allowed you to cross paths in the 1st place.

It could be interpreted as avoiding "them" but it's more than that.

The phrase "old habits die hard" is well known because its very true.

If you work along side them on the other hand then the chasm needs to be a mental one. You need to almost act as though you've had a mind wipe.

There is no need to be nasty or anything like that - aloof but not cold is best but you can't repeat the steps that brought you together in the 1st place otherwise it's too easy for either to just reconnect.

Friends or partners - it makes no difference - only that there is a reason that you have decided to break away from them, a final straw ... trust it.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 08-06-2018, 03:20 AM
Master
I don't know. I wish i did.

I find it easier to accept whatever feelings i have for this person. While knowing that we walk completely different paths. Sometimes it hurts.
Old 12-06-2018, 12:36 AM
Experiencer

Thanks guys ❤❤