Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 30-11-2010, 06:37 AM
lexiep

A matter of faith

I wanted to share my personal story here about signs and synchronicity. Part of it is self-affirmation, and a small part of it is also to seek some comfort and connection with others who have their own stories and thoughts to share.

I have been getting all these signs relating to one person in my life. Events that can be individually explained away by logic and reason but when collectively considered is just inexplicable.

Once when we had a conversation, I lied about being someplace, and to my shock, he said he was at the same place at the time that I was purportedly there. I would feel a strong craving for a particular food and have it, and later learn that he had the same thing for the same meal on the same day, and this happened twice that I know of, when we barely even contact once a week. Another time, my spellcheck corrected a mis-spelled and seemingly innocuous preposition so his name appeared as the corrected word, in sentence case (i.e. capital first letter), or I would be texting someone without looking at the screen, and I'll realise I mis-spelled some other words and part of the erroneous word would spell his name. Or it could be as direct as me feeling like **** about something or other, and suddenly getting a ping or text from him. There are a ton of other events in the last few weeks, but would be too much to go into.

I think you'll never really know for sure, and there's a part of me that keeps wondering if they're just random events with no connection other than the fact that they all happen to me. At the end of the day though, I think faith has a lot to do with it. And the more faith you have in life and the universe at large, the more you notice these sort of random signs and synchronicity.

Some things you just know. Having said that, I think signs are merely there to tell you that this person, this event, this experience is significant in some way or form. Ultimately, it is entirely your interpretation of its significance that leads to your choices. Smug perople will call this a self-fulfilling prophecy, but isn't that the essence of modern spirituality? That ultimately your higher self knows what's best for you, and it will come true for you if you are heeding that inner voice.
Old 30-11-2010, 02:15 PM
sunny shine

people wanting to eat a similar food, or text message etc i have heard before, but mis-spelled word with name in first capital letter is amazing.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:42 PM
star-child

I enjoyed reading this, thats some amazing stuff you have been experiencing :)