Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 16-07-2018, 11:53 PM
Experiencer
Could i become a mediym if i could find training?

Since i was very young i could see things. Mostly scary, some reptilian things, some shadow people and a something that looked like in my young mind; a scary witch. (No offense to witches here. Just wrong impression in a young mind)
As i got older; once in awhile i'd see human spirit and able to communicate (if they chose to speak to me) thru telepathy.
The human spirits I've run across mostly have been lovely. Just one crabby one and one jerk trying to scare me.
So if they come to me (God only knows why instead of going to someone who actually knows what they are doing. Lol!!!!)
Should i try to become a medium because they sometimes come to me? Or does this happen with everyone here?
There is no training around where i live.

Love Shine
Old 17-07-2018, 05:18 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by shine
Since i was very young i could see things. Mostly scary, some reptilian things, some shadow people and a something that looked like in my young mind; a scary witch. (No offense to witches here. Just wrong impression in a young mind)
As i got older; once in awhile i'd see human spirit and able to communicate (if they chose to speak to me) thru telepathy.
The human spirits I've run across mostly have been lovely. Just one crabby one and one jerk trying to scare me.
So if they come to me (God only knows why instead of going to someone who actually knows what they are doing. Lol!!!!)
Should i try to become a medium because they sometimes come to me? Or does this happen with everyone here?

Love Shine

It sounds like you have a natural ability so I don't see why not. The only caveat I would consider before you go begin your training is that once you turn it on, you can't turn it off. That's at least what other mediums have said.

Hence my question to you is. Do you think this is a calling?

If you can see yourself being a medium for the rest of your life, than perhaps it's something you should do. However take your time and consider the pros and cons of opening yourself up to the Spirit world.

sf
Old 17-07-2018, 02:24 PM
Master
Hello Shine,

You can receive the training you want from any number of members at this forum. There does not need to be personal contact with some one in my opinion.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 17-07-2018, 07:54 PM
leadville

Quote:

Love Shine

You may have certain attributes that might be developed into your becoming a communication medium but right now you have no focus and perhaps little control of what happens. It's unfortunate you have no-one experienced and able to help you develop the strongest of your attributes but that's not uncommon and others have been, and will be, in similar situations.

I realise that doesn't help you but my opinion is that working with someone unknown, someone you don't know and haven't met, using cyber space, isn't the right way. Even if spirit individuals approach you you shouldn't feel you are under obligation to listen to them or to try to accommodate their wishes. And you are under no obligation to try to develop although I expect you're excited and stimulated by the prospect.

One thing you might consider is researching all you can to see what appeals to you, to see what feels right for you. Compare accounts of how established mediums have developed and see if anything looks similar to your own situation. There are mediums whose self-help books might encourage you to try in a particular direction - Gordon Smith for example.
Old 17-07-2018, 08:51 PM
Administrator
If there is a spiritualist church near to where you live. go along and see how mediumship works. some hold development classes that would be a learning platform for you.

Namaste
Old 17-07-2018, 10:14 PM
Experiencer
Thank you all for your valuable advice.

Unfortunately there is no spiritual church here.

Im not sure if its a calling; i think so though. What i would really like to do is to try to find those who have gone missing and presumed dead.
I know it could cause problems for me and police if i get involved with active investigations. So i was hoping to get involved with those with no leads.
Years ago i had a young lady; a murder victim come (to me of all people! I can't help but wonder why me with all these talented mediums out there!)
Anyway she told me thru telepathy that her body was beside a road and that they (people who killed her) cut her hair short. She didnt get into detail what all happened to her; she just wanted to be found and it broke my heart. She didn't show herself to me covered in bruises, etc. She was murdered by a serial murderer couple here in Canada; Toronto area. I was living in Ottawa about a 3 hour drive.
I wish i could be much better at helping people in these cases. I was ready to jump in the car to try to find her but i knew she wasnt in the area.
Dont really want to get into police work so much because i dont feel we are taken seriously anyway.
Im not looking for recognition at all; just want to try to use my gift for something i would personally find very fulfilling.

If anyone thinks this is a terrible idea, please go ahead and comment.

Love shine
Old 17-07-2018, 10:58 PM
Administrator
I Have given info to the police about missing people some police wont accept what you say. so you have to find someone who is willing to listen.
if you see anything write it down in a journal so you don't forget.
I am a medium so I am used to seeing spirit.

Namaste
Old 17-07-2018, 11:44 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Thank you all for your valuable advice.

Unfortunately there is no spiritual church here.

Im not sure if its a calling; i think so though. What i would really like to do is to try to find those who have gone missing and presumed dead.
I know it could cause problems for me and police if i get involved with active investigations. So i was hoping to get involved with those with no leads.
Years ago i had a young lady; a murder victim come (to me of all people! I can't help but wonder why me with all these talented mediums out there!)
Anyway she told me thru telepathy that her body was beside a road and that they (people who killed her) cut her hair short. She didnt get into detail what all happened to her; she just wanted to be found and it broke my heart. She didn't show herself to me covered in bruises, etc. She was murdered by a serial murderer couple here in Canada; Toronto area. I was living in Ottawa about a 3 hour drive.
I wish i could be much better at helping people in these cases. I was ready to jump in the car to try to find her but i knew she wasnt in the area.
Dont really want to get into police work so much because i dont feel we are taken seriously anyway.
Im not looking for recognition at all; just want to try to use my gift for something i would personally find very fulfilling.

If anyone thinks this is a terrible idea, please go ahead and comment.

Love shine

Have you heard of the medium Marisa Ryan? She's a very strong medium. The turning point for her is when she saw a female murder victim visit her in the same way you just described. Marisa Ryan is the real deal, and has done work for the police department. She could make an excellent mentor.

Please keep us posted on your progression. Best of luck!

sf.
Old 17-07-2018, 11:49 PM
Experiencer
Wow! Have you felt or have had the opportunity to look for them yourself or is that wrong to do so? Were they people who have been gone long and still refused to listen? Really, what do police have to loose at this point?
What a terrible attitude they must have! Sorry Native Spirit for going on and on about this!
I feel that if supposed to happen; the right people will come along to help such as yourself telling me what your experience has been like.

Love shine
Old 18-07-2018, 12:01 AM
Experiencer
No, Soul Force, i haven't heard of her, but ill look her up.

Thank you. I'll see if she will communicate with me by email. It would be interesting to find out what she has to say.
Of course, she may say i have no talent what so ever; who knows.
Ill let you know how i make out with this and thank you,

Love Shine