Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 19-02-2018, 04:08 PM
peteyzen peteyzen is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: leicester
Posts: 1,412
  peteyzen's Avatar
Hi Great questions, here are my answers
1) What is the purpose of reincarnating? I think we do it, but I don't understand why... We reincarnated originally because we wanted to experience form as physical biengs, to experience pain and love and emotions etc. we reincarnate now because we have become trapped in maya, the illusion of this phsyical life, and are drawn back by the law of karma, in previous incarnations we have created karma that needs to be paid off.

2) If the soul is on a journey, where is it going? It is heading back to its true understanding of our real nature, which is conscious light

3) From what I gather, not all souls are the same age? Young and Old souls...So how does that work? Souls have come down in waves over the millenia, and also those souls develop at different rates. The whole path of soul growth is an evolution, simple small animal souls operate in groups and several animal soul groups will, eventually evolve into a higher conscious animal, and so on until A human soul is evolved. The human soul is the highest stage of soul growth on this planet, because as a human, for the first time you have chakras, and this is our means of escape from the human condition and the physical world.

4)If all souls were created at the same time, is it simply the fact that some bodies die faster than others, thus those souls have a chance to reincarnate faster than the souls in bodies that live to be older? It is all down to karma and divine intervention when we die.

5)Or, is there a greater purpose for our souls and once we have completed that purpose, our soul ascends into whatever is next? eventually our soul will merge along with our atman (divine spark) back into the god consciousness. After that I don`t know what happens lol
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 23-02-2018, 01:01 PM
Greenslade Greenslade is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 4,553
  Greenslade's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Broselvet
1) What is the purpose of reincarnating? I think we do it, but I don't understand why
Sit yourself down quietly and as one question. How different would the people around me be if I had never existed in the first place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Broselvet
2) If the soul is on a journey, where is it going?
You tell me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Broselvet
3) From what I gather, not all souls are the same age? Young and Old souls...So how does that work?
This will get you into trouble with the 'there is no time' mob. How different is existence for a child, youth, adult...? Same thing but a level 'up'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Broselvet
4)If all souls were created at the same time, is it simply the fact that some bodies die faster than others, thus those souls have a chance to reincarnate faster than the souls in bodies that live to be older?
None of the above. We're here and in these bodies for our own reasons, speed and time aren't factors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Broselvet
5)Or, is there a greater purpose for our souls and once we have completed that purpose, our soul ascends into whatever is next?
The greater purpose is you and how you fit into the 'bigger picture', and that brings me back to the purpose of reincarnating. We're not here for ourselves, we're also here for each other too. For instance, we might have made an agreement that you incarnate, come up with some dumb questions and I came back with you to answer them. You get your dumb questions answered, I get to give you the answers and the Universe as a whole is a bigger and better place all round. OK fanciful I agree, but it'll do for illustration purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Broselvet
I'm not convinced we have multiple souls, or twin souls.
Twin Souls are fanciful at best and a huge misconception at worst. Most have this airy-fairy idea then when the bubble bursts....

Whether or not we have multiple Souls depends on what you believe in, but there are many variations of that theme across different cultures. In some religions it's the OverSoul, Overself or Oneself. Think of an octopus with a Soul on the end of each 'tentacle' and you'll get the idea. And before you ask, the reason you're not conscious of that is apparently because the awareness is one-way. Sometimes though, it can 'leak' and you get an inkling of the above level. The Sufis call it the monad, which then has individuated aspects or single Souls. An updated version of those is the Gestalt Reality of the Multi-Dimensional Self, so the Soul is an aspect of that Self, as is you and what you think of as Past Lives. You pay your money and take your chances as to what you believe but they're all as plausible as the other.

Sorry, comfort zone did you say? Oopsies.
__________________
"Take your legacy and understand what has gone before. Make a new tomorrow in Love, Light and Faith."
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums