Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 15-01-2011, 09:00 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ces
I find that interesting in terms of a physical illness can be healed but that they call it back. Its intersting because it is difficult to imagine why someone would choose to be ill. Why they may say yes to suffering, pain, discomfort etc. Especially as when you are on the outside looking in on a situation - it is unclear as to why that choice would be made. Maybe its a lesson, teaching for someone else, something they have "signed" up for at the time of the birth. Idon't know.
thanks for posting.

People "choose" (albeit unconsciously at times!) to call in dis-ease or physical illness for any number of reasons. Sometimes, as alluded to in my previous post, it is for the purpose of developing soul characteristics they can learn no other way. Sometimes it's for the purpose of allowing those near to them to develop or perfect a particular soul trait! As I said, some need their illness in order to get love and affection... others need it to GIVE those things. It's not up to us to judge. We are none of us sapient enough to know what is contained in another's Soul Plan. We can barely discern our own at times...!
Old 16-01-2011, 05:04 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
We are none of us sapient enough to know what is contained in another's Soul Plan. We can barely discern our own at times...!
Isn't this just the problem with your view? We can now write anything into it. All we have is guesswork, assumptions, fantasies and no way to verify whether any of them are true, half true or false. Doesn't work for me.
Old 16-01-2011, 10:16 AM
clovelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewater
I have a question for those that practice it, does reiki healing last permnantly? or does it have to continue being done? Can it actually heal disease, anxiety permnantly? thanks

There is a story that when Dr. Usui the founder of reiki, first discovered his healing powers he went to the slums of Kyoto for 7 years and healed hundreds of people from many different types of diseases, leprosy, blindness, etc.
Then he would organize for them to leave the slums and set up and honest life elsewhere.
However, after time he noticed that many of them returned due to their old lives in the slums because they ignored their spiritual side, only looking at the physical. As a result Dr Usui developed The Reiki Principles, an attitude and way of life, understanding that people cannot be lazy and needed to keep working hard of their spiritual lives in order to stay healthy.
Old 16-01-2011, 05:03 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
Isn't this just the problem with your view? We can now write anything into it. All we have is guesswork, assumptions, fantasies and no way to verify whether any of them are true, half true or false. Doesn't work for me.

The fact is, documented and verified healings exist and are on record. And Soul Plans? I have it on good authority they do indeed exist. But that's not the issue is it. Methinks you just want to play devil's advocate for the sake of argument, and that you enjoy taking an adverserial position. Personally I'm not interested in egoic verbal volly ball, but I'm sure you'll find those who will rise to the occasion ;)

No worries. I'm perfectly willing to grant you your point of view. It impacts mine not in the least :)
Old 16-01-2011, 05:08 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovelly
There is a story that when Dr. Usui the founder of reiki, first discovered his healing powers he went to the slums of Kyoto for 7 years and healed hundreds of people from many different types of diseases, leprosy, blindness, etc.
Then he would organize for them to leave the slums and set up and honest life elsewhere.
However, after time he noticed that many of them returned due to their old lives in the slums because they ignored their spiritual side, only looking at the physical. As a result Dr Usui developed The Reiki Principles, an attitude and way of life, understanding that people cannot be lazy and needed to keep working hard of their spiritual lives in order to stay healthy.

Thank you for sharing that, Rose... I had forgotten that story! It does indeed explain the need for spiritual discipline (and personal responsibility!) in all things, including healing
Old 18-01-2011, 12:17 AM
truthseeker57

Aren't forums wonderful places to share and learn? I have been blessed with great enlightenment from many a poster who is soulful and speaks truth from the heart.

Thank you Rose for the topic. On my spiritual journey, I have experienced reiki and clearing blocked chakras. pre-dawn thank you for sharing but I concur wholeheartedly with LightFilledHeart in her description of healing. It is not merely her opinion. If one studies and practices reiki and chakra healing and understanding physical pain and or disease and how and why they present, how they are removed and why. Our souls are on a spiritual journey to hopefully receive spiritual and personal growth within. To do that we must learn the human lessons that were given us.

During and after reiki, my chakras are being cleared. For example, my solar plexus was a mess due to several high stress life situations. I felt major pain. After reiki, the pain was gone. If I am not intentional about releasing and learning the lesson, the pain will return. Practicing cleansing and clearing on a daily basis will keep my chakras open unless I had not clearly learned the lesson which is the reason blockage and pain or disease will return. It is not something one consciously chooses. it is a message and gift from the Universe to grow.

As LightFilledHeart shared:
"People "choose" (albeit unconsciously at times!) to call in dis-ease or physical illness for any number of reasons. Sometimes, as alluded to in my previous post, it is for the purpose of developing soul characteristics they can learn no other way."

pre-dawn, you shared "guesswork, assumptions, fantasies and no way to verify whether any of them are true, half true or false. Doesn't work for me."

There is no guesswork, assumptions, or fantasies. Chakra works for those who have strong intentions in spiritual growth to become as close as human souls can to the White Light of the Universe. It is taken very seriously. It is painful -- both physically and emotionally -- painful work that offers the soul an opportunity to receive the Spirit Light.

Thanks LightFilledHeart for your honest and clear sharing.
pre-dawn I hope you continue participating. Mayhaps you may one day see this from a different perspective and share with us.

grateful always,
truthseeker57