Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 01-12-2016, 02:20 AM
Lepus

Lightbulb Instant Magick

Hello,

What are your thoughts on Instant Magick? Is it possible to cause change without the use of ceremonial spells, altars, or magickal tools? From what I understand, the ability to perform Magick is woven into the very fabric of consciousness itself.

Instant Magick generates quick changes through willpower; directing energy; and altering consciousness without the use of tools. I've done a few instant magickal triggers at a younger age - thought of them as pure coincidences. However, I came across this term & realized that it was no coincidence. To program your trigger requires training. There's a book written on this by Christopher Penczak, if anyone is interested.

Blessed be,
Lepus
Old 01-12-2016, 02:38 PM
Deactivated Account

For the sake of argument, wouldn't intent be a form of magik?

Just watching the thread
Old 04-12-2016, 09:08 AM
Master
So much misunderstanding about the nature of "magic"!
Old 12-12-2016, 12:40 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
For the sake of argument, wouldn't intent be a form of magik?

Just watching the thread

intention with insight is the keyway or magik in all change, wether thats for the better is for another thread!
there is a book written by Lynne Mctaggert about how thought intention affects the world around you, and maybe thats what Crowley meant by love is the Law...love under will!

we have to be careful what we will for though...we can see a lot of the affects of intent that have devasted whole countries....magik should start with ourselves first I think, I don't know anything about Wicca really, but I would go along with you about how magik is woven in to the very fabric of consciousness, no doubt about it for me.
Old 13-12-2016, 02:54 AM
Master
Yes, but there is not a way to be effective without doing the work. You still have to do the work. I used to do magic tricks and wonder how that worked but I didn't have understanding.

Remember that every action has a consequence, and you have to be prepared to deal with the consequences. There might be some if you are not careful. Nobody is going to let you be Mr. Wizard without doing the work.

Maybe that was a demonstration for you to see for yourself what might be possible.
Old 24-12-2016, 01:05 AM
Lepus

Hello Rozie,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozie
Yes, but there is not a way to be effective without doing the work. You still have to do the work. I used to do magic tricks and wonder how that worked but I didn't have understanding.

Remember that every action has a consequence, and you have to be prepared to deal with the consequences. There might be some if you are not careful. Nobody is going to let you be Mr. Wizard without doing the work.

Maybe that was a demonstration for you to see for yourself what might be possible.

Of course you need to program this magickal trigger by doing work (training) without the use of materials. After all, 'Magick is the Science and Art of causing Change to occur in conformity with Will.' - Aleister Crowley. This Will can be done immediately with proper training. There is going to be a time when you won't reach your props or set your formation three days ahead during a difficult time.

Blessed be,
Lepus

Last edited by Lepus : 24-12-2016 at 05:13 AM.
Old 24-12-2016, 07:43 PM
Master
@Lepus. Absolutely. That is what I was taught, and exactly what I do, but it takes work to work it.
Old 24-12-2016, 09:57 PM
Experiencer

I was under the impression that to undergo that training that it was the same training that people of the so called right hand path go through...regarding training the mind or will to gain a certain amount of control to focus there intent on what they want to do....rather than the dissolution or undoing of the ego as is understood by the right hand path, there is a crystalisation or hardening and using the material stuff of the ego with it's intent they use to get what they want done, and its at that point that they veer off and it's called the left hand path?

we all have to handle and deal with our own material mind stuff...or end up putting up with it without the control. to train or not to train?
Old 25-12-2016, 04:19 AM
Master
@Redstone..I don't know if I fully understand what you are saying, but I don't think that is right in every case. It is a generalization, and not every magician has the same philosophy or experience. There are different kinds of magic and ways to practice.

In my case, I would say it is both. That would seem contradictory, but there is a way to do both at the same time, or alternate. First the ego needs to be dissolved and rebuilt in a way. It is a complete process of restructuring.

It isn't a choice. My teachings are slanted towards magic, or the manipulation of energy. What I do isn't for me and my personal desires, it is for what is needed. I can willfully do a spell for someone else, but not for my own desires. I would need help for that.

The left hand path would be to claim your own power? The right hand path is to surrender? There are other options.

I don't know, but I was literally taught to be ambidextrous. The left hand can do things that the right hand can't do. Can't we use both hands?
Old 25-12-2016, 11:17 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozie
@Redstone..I don't know if I fully understand what you are saying, but I don't think that is right in every case. It is a generalization, and not every magician has the same philosophy or experience. There are different kinds of magic and ways to practice.

It was my general view of Magic I was spouting as you say regarding the path of power and of surrender, and I was curious about it that’s all.

In my case, I would say it is both. That would seem contradictory, but there is a way to do both at the same time, or alternate. First the ego needs to be dissolved and rebuilt in a way. It is a complete process of restructuring.

That’s interesting about the dissolution of the ego and a complete process of restructuring you mentioned, I vaguely remember Milerepa a great Tibetan yogi who had to restructure his ego at the request of his guru Marpa, and it does seem similar in a way when you have to ‘’if your serious about meditation’’ align yourself to meditation techniques and take vows regarding your behaviour and conduct to develop and mentally cultivate these clear meditative states.

Is the restructuring process your talking about developed differently Rozie?

It isn't a choice. My teachings are slanted towards magic, or the manipulation of energy. What I do isn't for me and my personal desires, it is for what is needed. I can willfully do a spell for someone else, but not for my own desires. I would need help for that.

The left hand path would be to claim your own power? The right hand path is to surrender? There are other options.

I don't know, but I was literally taught to be ambidextrous. The left hand can do things that the right hand can't do. Can't we use both hands?

Regarding can you use both hands, it does seem that way by the looks of it, but then that leaves out by doing that that you don’t excel and surpass in both of those paths, at some point you have to drop one of the balls so to speak and run with the one you have, just my view on that.