Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 24-01-2011, 11:49 AM
ChoKuRay

Soul Healing/passing

I am a practicing RM. My question is this. when I was attuned to level 2 we did a soul healing to help with the pass over of souls who were ready to go to the spirit world. I found it to be eerie but also amazing. I had never done anything like this before and have not since. It brought up a shock response for me and a rush of emotions but I was fine afterwards and glad to have been of help. I am just wondering about doing it again. I have a level 2 workshop two and as I have never taught level 2 before I am apprehensive. I need tips! I am afraid I will not experience anything or feel the lost souls. Does this make sense. I know I should not self doubt as I work with spirit guides regularly and usually have a strong intuition about them. This time I do feel a little like being on show though. What if i can't find any souls?
Old 24-01-2011, 02:24 PM
SoaringSpirit

If there are spirits around that need help, they tend to gravitate to those who can help them, so I'm sure you will find them.

I do this work often, but be aware that once you start doing it and they know you do, they tend to 'follow' you home looking for help, so if you go to places where people are likely to have died, like hospitals, old age home or cemetaries, check to see if any followed you looking for help.
Old 24-01-2011, 04:27 PM
AngelBreeze

Interesting Technique You Discuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoKuRay
I am a practicing RM. My question is this. when I was attuned to level 2 we did a soul healing to help with the pass over of souls who were ready to go to the spirit world. I found it to be eerie but also amazing. I had never done anything like this before and have not since. It brought up a shock response for me and a rush of emotions but I was fine afterwards and glad to have been of help. I am just wondering about doing it again. I have a level 2 workshop two and as I have never taught level 2 before I am apprehensive. I need tips! I am afraid I will not experience anything or feel the lost souls. Does this make sense. I know I should not self doubt as I work with spirit guides regularly and usually have a strong intuition about them. This time I do feel a little like being on show though. What if i can't find any souls?

What you are saying is indeed interesting. I too am a RM of Usui Shiki Ryoho. May I ask what System you were initiated to and that you are planning to teach? I ask because in Usui Reiki we do not practice or teach what you are saying you had to do in your Level II class. This is quite different and a significant departure from the Usui teachings on Level II.

Having said that, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not believe you were initiated/attuned to Usui Shiki Ryoho. If you were, the addition of this practice and material is unknown to me and I'm sure to other RMs and practitioners of USR. I would say i.m.h.o. be very cautious about trying to duplicate something that you say you felt a ".... shock response .... " and ".... rush of emotions ...." to and found ".... eerie ...."

It would be good to do further research on this so as to see if there is any written material on this practice, what transpired, repercussions, precautions advised, etc. before considering going forward with this in your class. If you find that it is indeed not part of the system you have learned, then teaching it to others may possibly do some harm to those who may not be able to integrate such energies as might be produced within their own system (remember your own experience) and might work against you as well. Therefore, Better Safe Than Sorry. And you say you have done this only once so, to attempt to teach it to others in my opinion would not be advisable under the circumstances.

Reiki is a benevolent practice with a Spiritual God-given energy. Our System does not teach about Soul Healing. In Second Degree class however, one might send Reiki to those who have already passed on but that is quite different from what you are saying that it was used for. The fact that it made you feel strange is a red flag in and of itself. Could it make others feel that way or worse? Could you afford to take that risk and its implications?

So, again I would strongly caution you to be very certain of what you might be planning to do, consider all the angles, legal and otherwise, and consider the possible implications it might have on your students.

If it is Usui Shiki Ryoho for Second Degree, you would not need to use this added technique as the three symbols, time for practice, etc. could still be taught as it is the actual part of the class. However, you have stated that you are a RM, and this is my personal opinion on this. I just want for you to be sure of what you are doing and to be responsible and consider the possible implications to others. And you must also consider this: What if one of your students becomes ill or something? You do not know that this would not happen. Are you willing to take responsibility and assume that risk?

That is all food for thought for you. If you like you can PM me and we can speak further on this. I would also like to say something to you that I prefer not to say here. Thank you.

Many blessings to you!

AngelBreeze

Old 24-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Enya

Imho, soul healing is not part of the Usui tradition and really shouldn't be attempted unless you are confident and practiced in doing so. I'd certainly not teach it as part of Reiki! It's spiritualism work and while you may be guided to more of this, personally I'd be cautious about presenting it as 'the norm' in Reiki.

I'm a medium as well as a Reiki teacher and I'd never cross the two over in my teachings. if the student came with those beliefs onboard, I'd teach the Reiki first, have them do their 21 day cleanse, then see about the spiritualism side separately. Keep it simple. Don't leave your students feeling they have to do this work when they aren't ready, able or even want to do it...
Old 24-01-2011, 05:07 PM
AngelBreeze

Yes, Enya!

That is the point to make. This "Soul Healing" is not a part of the Usui System therefore, imho should not be taught as part of the Second Degree class (or any class for that matter where Usui Shiki Ryoho is concerned.)

That should be strongly understood as being in the best interest of the teaching master and all concerned.