Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 19-07-2019, 09:08 AM
Master
@Aknaton. I just noticed your SF post count as of your last post written on this thread: 266, and post number on this thread 66. Does this mean anything to you.
Old 19-07-2019, 09:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton
@ JosephineBloggs, thanks for reply. I admire how you stood up for SOL against my post. This is a quality that is lacking in the Christian circles, to stand up for ones own.

@sky123, that is true. Look closer at that message; that is Slayer of Lights Guardian Spirit/Angel. The third part about peace and Love, Slayer of Demons and Giver of Light is from me. We are all imperfect, but it's not a bad idea to strive towards it.

@lomax, thanks for your opinion. You are right, I do have ego, it's been rough trying to get rid of it. I wouldn't mind a shortcut out of it though, kinda like one where you call Pfizer for ego elimination pills... guess thats not the case. I liken the ego to a mountain that needs to be climbed and overcome.

" We are all imperfect, but it's not a bad idea to strive towards it."

Strive towards what?
Are New Born Babies imperfect?

Best not to judge and put everyone in the same category that you percieve as being imperfect.
Old 19-07-2019, 10:22 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
@Aknaton. I just noticed your SF post count as of your last post written on this thread: 266, and post number on this thread 66. Does this mean anything to you.

Posts 266: Acts 26:6.

How do you see it JosephineBloggs?
Old 19-07-2019, 10:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Posts 266: Acts 26:6.

How do you see it JosephineBloggs?

Acts 26:6 "And now I stand and am judged for the hope of the promise made of God unto our fathers". Do you feel judged? Do you judge or condemn others?
Old 19-07-2019, 10:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Believing in an invisible friend and the magic of prayers is all fun and games until your life suddenly hits rock bottom and there's literally nothing you can do about it, and no amount of prayer, not even if the entire world prays for you, is gonna move a single grain of sand. That's how I got my wake up call to leave religion.

I think that's a good point and also shows the issue with faith in general. It's very easy to be a believer and when things go well say that god/divinity is on your side. When things don't go well, and I don't mean having the blues or something trivial, it becomes very hard. You have to understand people in general very much cling to a shred of hope, those fleeting bits and pieces in life that make it worthwhile. We all cling to that but eventually we learn and experience it is all temporary, fleeting, and vulnerable. Life is fleeting, then you die, and you probably start over again creating more and more mess and stuff you get attached to. All for what?? It's the dumbest game ever.

This is why many spiritual paths seek the Absolute and seek an escape from all of that. It's not the world itself that is the illusion but our experience of it, and how we fool ourselves..

I know you're an atheist now, but if you weren't trust me it gets even more annoying to think about these matters. An atheist is actually in a very easy position and can discard most of what I said.
Old 19-07-2019, 11:06 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
His soul is yearning for the Truth, his ego a stumbling block, his body a den of sin. But he will find the truth; he will find God.

Slayer of Light, you will find the Truth. You are marked for Salvation, that's a Cross on your back. You belong to Jesus Christ... you haven't found out yet. You will deny. But everything that gets close to the fire eventually changes regardless of its resistance.

Peace and Love Slayer of demons, Giver of Light! Just remembered this post when that time comes.

That didn't make much sense but okay then. I don't see how my body is a 'den of sin' though. Yes, occasionally I like a drink, but I don't bother anyone. Yes, I'm a blasphemous a.hole, but blasphemy is a victimless crime. If your god's self-esteem is under fire each time I say something blasphemous, then he simply needs to grow up.

But fair enough, thanks anyway.
Old 19-07-2019, 11:14 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
I agree, people don't choose to get cancer, but they choose how to deal with it. You shouldn't hate yourself. I am sure you Hurd that a thousand times but people can be a reflection of the energy you put out. That too is cause and effect. Check out my signature, I live my life by that qoute.

How you deal with it is the effect, while the cause is cancer. We aren't in control of both the cause and effect; they are just what they are. The effect is the result of something happening, which can be randomly good or bad, depending on how one feels about it.

Not sure what you mean that other people are a 'reflection' of my energy though. What I personally know myself to be true as someone who personally met over 100 people in a few years, a lot of people (especially those my age) are self-centered narcissists. Your energy or vibes can be as high as possible, yet those kind of people will still leave you to die in the ditch when push comes to shove. It has nothing to do with energy, but attitudes. I know that because thankfully I met a handful of good people who like to have me around. If my energy really stinks that much, I'm pretty sure even they would've pushed me away.
Old 19-07-2019, 11:25 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I think that's a good point and also shows the issue with faith in general. It's very easy to be a believer and when things go well say that god/divinity is on your side. When things don't go well, and I don't mean having the blues or something trivial, it becomes very hard. You have to understand people in general very much cling to a shred of hope, those fleeting bits and pieces in life that make it worthwhile. We all cling to that but eventually we learn and experience it is all temporary, fleeting, and vulnerable. Life is fleeting, then you die, and you probably start over again creating more and more mess and stuff you get attached to. All for what?? It's the dumbest game ever.

This is why many spiritual paths seek the Absolute and seek an escape from all of that. It's not the world itself that is the illusion but our experience of it, and how we fool ourselves..

I know you're an atheist now, but if you weren't trust me it gets even more annoying to think about these matters. An atheist is actually in a very easy position and can discard most of what I said.

I'll tell you one thing that being an atheist isn't an easy position neither. One does not simply become an atheist after having been religious for many years, because your thoughts and feelings will constantly be in conflict.
Old 19-07-2019, 11:44 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Your energy or vibes can be as high as possible, yet those kind of people will still leave you to die in the ditch when push comes to shove. It has nothing to do with energy, but attitudes.

This is true and what I came to learn in the end as well, that's why my focus these days is less on energy and more on how can I be a better person in this world?
Old 19-07-2019, 12:11 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMay
This is true and what I came to learn in the end as well, that's why my focus these days is less on energy and more on how can I be a better person in this world?

A lot will probably disagree, but honestly the whole vibration/energy stuff is a joke. It's indeed much better to focus on your own attitude and behavior rather than energy. Feel-good sayers claim that the higher your vibration, the more likeable people you attract. But that's just nonsense. If anything, it makes you an easy target for narcissists and psychopaths. Just be yourself, and treat others the same way they treat you, or how you wish to be treated. Always return kindness with kindness and you're there.