Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 06-06-2012, 04:38 PM
Charliemcsnarly

Ways to increase one's vibrational frequency?

I have come to see recently that this is the most important thing of all on our spiritual journey. When people talk about accepting the world, being or feeling love, feeling contented and joyful, even attaining insight, it is not choice but it all comes down to our vibrational frequency.

If we are vibrating at the higher levels, we can naturally or even automatically do these things, the lower we are the less possible they become, simple as that. (In my eyes).

We literally exist within a different world when we are vibrating at higher levels to lower ones. The world around us changes, or at least our perception of it does, which is the same thing. It can go from being like hell on earth to being like heaven on earth. There may be other ways to word it all, but this is how I've been seeing it for sometime, after watching mine fluctuate considerably. Trouble is I've been stuck in the low frequencies for a while now and I want to get high, so to speak.

What are all the ways you can think of to raise our general vibrational frequencies? If you put meditation, let me know how you meditate to help with this.

Thanks!
Old 06-06-2012, 09:33 PM
Master
I don't particularly agree with the raising of frequency... as we need our bottom notes to earth ourselves.

I think it's more a matter of harmonising our vibrations and making the whole spectrum more musical, for want of a better analogy.

White noise is all frequencies lumped together and just sounds like static. Pink noise is more natural and sounds like waterfalls and wind or waves crashing and is less frequencies and grouped at intervals.

Musical sounds tend to follow a mathematical pattern that is even more precise in the intervals between dominants and sub dominants and in being musical can be very 'enriching' to the listener.

So this is about defining ourselves and sorting through the possibilities and finding our natural latent vibrational 'mass' as it were.

Having a resonant bottom note means the earth knows what we want and can attune to our song. Having that bottom note sing with our higher notes makes chords that allow us further definition of our needs and the ability to sing our talents into the world and beyond.

Notes beyond hearing effect what's heard by creating overtones which subtly affect the sounds heard by adding richness and texture to the waveform.

So the short answer is listening. We learn to make music by being able to listen.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:51 PM
Charliemcsnarly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Interesting
I don't particularly agree with the raising of frequency... as we need our bottom notes to earth ourselves.

I don't know if I've termed it right, but I often feel something very subtle within myself. As I meditate, I feel my frequency raising, this draws my energies that were scattered horizontally and causing negative emotions into a vertical line. As it does that the negativity and discomfort disappears and I can literally feel myself vibrating at higher frequencies and my energies vertically aligned.

It almost feels like I'm tightening up like a musical string being tuned up. Not tightening in a bad way though, it brings about a much greater feeling of comfort and love. We can go about our everyday lives in a higher state and emanating this feeling as far as I can see it, so long as we can learn to keep ourselves 'high'. I think there was a reason the hippies in the sixties used to get 'high'.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:20 PM
Master
I like Mr. Interesting's perspective...

As long as we focus on vibrating "higher" or "greater than" rather than on harmonizing with the universe around ourselves, we risk the pitfall of egotism - "I am holier than thou" - which is missing the whole point.

And the thing is the more a person becomes humble to the flow of life, to the Divine speaking through all people and situations, the higher that person's energy field will vibrate........but they will not be attached to it!
Old 07-06-2012, 12:33 AM
Master
Charlie... Raising our frequency is simpler than one might think. It's about giving our attention into more positive feelings and attitudes, into letting go and allowing... and even more into the quiet open space within and all around us.

If we are trying to raise our vibration by denying and avoiding anything, that resistance actually lowers it. On the other hand, an inclusive and accepting attitude lifts us up into joy, expansiveness and love... which raises our frequency higher yet.

Xan

Old 07-06-2012, 08:08 AM
Charliemcsnarly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
As long as we focus on vibrating "higher" or "greater than" rather than on harmonizing with the universe around ourselves, we risk the pitfall of egotism - "I am holier than thou" - which is missing the whole point.

I really don't see it like that. But I could rephrase it if that sits better with people. How do I harmonize myself more with the universe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
And the thing is the more a person becomes humble to the flow of life, to the Divine speaking through all people and situations, the higher that person's energy field will vibrate........but they will not be attached to it!

I like this part, although I feel that I become more humble when I'm 'higher' or more harmonic. Otherwise I take the world for granted along with all the other negative states.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:12 AM
Charliemcsnarly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Charlie... Raising our frequency is simpler than one might think. It's about giving our attention into more positive feelings and attitudes, into letting go and allowing... and even more into the quiet open space within and all around us.

If we are trying to raise our vibration by denying and avoiding anything, that resistance actually lowers it. On the other hand, an inclusive and accepting attitude lifts us up into joy, expansiveness and love... which raises our frequency higher yet.

This is perfect, thank you. Although it's like a vicious cycle or an upward spiral as far as i see it. These things become much harder if we are lower, although that is when we need to do it most.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:49 PM
Topology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliemcsnarly
What are all the ways you can think of to raise our general vibrational frequencies? If you put meditation, let me know how you meditate to help with this.

Thanks!

I am not able to place raising my vibrational frequency as a personal goal. When I consider it, I experience my own ego and the feeling of trying to embellish myself.

What I am able to set as a goal for myself, which has the side effect of raising my vibration, is to cultivate integrity in all of my actions, relationships and desires. I also seek the skills of facilitating integration within myself and within everyone and everything I interact with.

The difference that I experience between the two goals is that the goal of integrity and integration deals with my relationships explicitly and incorporates humility explicitly.

This is just the way I look at things. I do practice energy work and meditation, but it is with the intent of becoming and facilitating a return to wholeness. I'm sure that raises my vibration in some way, but I'm not seeking to vibrate off the planet or think of myself as being holy for my "high" vibration.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:54 PM
Charliemcsnarly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
I am not able to place raising my vibrational frequency as a personal goal. When I consider it, I experience my own ego and the feeling of trying to embellish myself.

What I am able to set as a goal for myself, which has the side effect of raising my vibration, is to cultivate integrity in all of my actions, relationships and desires. I also seek the skills of facilitating integration within myself and within everyone and everything I interact with.

The difference that I experience between the two goals is that the goal of integrity and integration deals with my relationships explicitly and incorporates humility explicitly.

This is just the way I look at things. I do practice energy work and meditation, but it is with the intent of becoming and facilitating a return to wholeness. I'm sure that raises my vibration in some way, but I'm not seeking to vibrate off the planet or think of myself as being holy for my "high" vibration.

That's a very interesting perspective, thank you Topology.

I guess I can see people's point about it being an egoic goal. Especially if it is seen as benefiting the self. I know Buddhism speaks about cultivating skillful actions for the benefit of all sentient beings, and not for the self.

I guess I'm still trying to find my way out of the individual mind set.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:09 PM
Charliemcsnarly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma

I see what you're saying a bit more now.