Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 11-01-2016, 04:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObServant
Could your opinion not then have been given without resort to preaching?

Irrelevant to this discussion, though it raises another question (for discussion in the Christian section) "What makes a true Christian?" I'm sure they'll be many different ideas.

By 'he' you mean Jesus I take it? Perhaps you'll find more receptive ears in the Christian section of the site than the Jewish one?

Likewise, I'm sure

Was I preaching? I showed a quote from Jesus, the Definition and a further explanation from Jesus.

I actually said very little.

I find Christians are the Pharisees. No difference at all.

As far as Judaism is concerned. Are you not familiar with the Kabbalah? Are they not a part of Judaism as well. Are they not allowed to post in this section? I think they would agree with my post.

All the best,

Tom
Old 12-01-2016, 06:41 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
See what Religion does, it separates people ( on their turf ) even on here.
Would you think a Christian preacher in a synagogue was being disrespectful, or an Islamic preacher in a church?
Quote:
I haven't read anything which is disrespectful.....
Even the thread's title "Jesus in the old testament" is disrespectful.
First, Jesus is a figure from a religion separate to Judaism and secondly, the Old Testament is the name this alien religion uses for the scriptures of this religion.
It's a Christian discussion taking place in the Jewish section.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:45 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Was I preaching? I showed a quote from Jesus, the Definition and a further explanation from Jesus.
Quoting Jesus' condemning words is preaching in my book.

Quote:
As far as Judaism is concerned. Are you not familiar with the Kabbalah? Are they not a part of Judaism as well.
I must admit, I am not very familiar with them.
Quote:
Are they not allowed to post in this section? I think they would agree with my post.
If they would take Jesus' (reported) words as instruction then would they really be Jews? Another question for another thread.

Quote:
All the best
Ta ta
Old 12-01-2016, 08:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObServant
Would you think a Christian preacher in a synagogue was being disrespectful, or an Islamic preacher in a church?

Even the thread's title "Jesus in the old testament" is disrespectful.
First, Jesus is a figure from a religion separate to Judaism and secondly, the Old Testament is the name this alien religion uses for the scriptures of this religion.
It's a Christian discussion taking place in the Jewish section.

Teach/preach about whoever and wherever you please as long as it's about the religion of love... thats what's important
Old 13-01-2016, 05:07 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Teach/preach about whoever and wherever you please as long as it's about the religion of love... thats what's important
I disagree.
Someone who enters a Church preaching atheism is being disrespectful. They should be in the street outside.
Old 14-01-2016, 06:51 AM
Master
No, not Jesus the person; the man.

But there are mentions of "the Christ". There are even some prophets and kings that are sometimes called by God to be "christened".- God conferring it's Self/Manifestation through the body of the person. This doesn't mean the individual was able to uphold such a responsibility. King David sinned and I don't just mean he slept with a lot of women, he killed plenty of people who probably could have received mercy.

The Angel of the Lord which appears throughout the Old Testament is also the 2nd Person of the Trinity. God, the Lord God, and Angel of the Lord are always together in text. When Moses speaks with YHWH, he also speaks with ELOHIM, and YHWH's ANGEL. Angel means "messenger". Same as- "Manifestation".

The Word in John's Gospel- the Aramaic translation of Word/Logos is MANIFESTATION; clearly Embodiment or enfleshment.

So the SON OF GOD or CHRIST is whenever the Ground of all Being (God) decides to personally manifest his/her/it's will in materiality, to dwell among us. The first instance was the Big Bang when Spirit became Matter because matter and embodiment is spirit at a slower and limited vibration but still part of Spirit.

Throughout the OT, many of the prophets returned to God through Christ. Christ is the doorway. Jacob turned to a rock and realized that the gate to heaven was there the whole time. God's presence is encased in matter as the Son. So the entire Body of Creation which includes me, you, the stars, animals, planets etc are members of the Body of Christ/God. And we too are miniature bodies of Christ. But it was 2,000 years ago when the Ground of All Being/the Divine Force decided to manifest Self through the body of a human person. This human was Jesus. Through him because of his purity and holiness he was chosen from before he was born, and his incarnation was divine because the Divine Energy Itself manifested as his human body, took him up from even the time he was born.

It wasn't until he began training with John the Baptist and the Essenes did he realize this for himself and began dedicating his life to perfecting and synching up his body, mind, and soul to the movement of the Father and began his ministry when he was baptized. He wholeheartedly accepted his destiny as the Christ, the human presence of God who would awaken humanity to the higher Law of Grace.

The Father- the mind of the Divine Force, the Son- the whole Body of the Divine Force and the human person of Jesus, and the Holy Spirit- the indwelling consciousness of the Divine within us.
Old 18-01-2016, 10:36 PM

Christians & attitude.

If I may be so bold as to interrupt, I'm an ethnic Jew whose 1st experience w/ organised religion was the Roman, & then the English Churches. My family was TOTALLY non-Observant. I almost became a monk & Priest of the C of E. I found the Faith of my Fathers (Judaism) 12 yrs ago. Coming from that background, YES, a Christian coming in here & arguing about something called the "Old Testament", assuming that we Jews should just accept that there is a "New" one later is VERY offensive. Your Christian Bible is NOT ours. The Hebrew Bible that you equate w/ the "Old Testament" is NOT Christologically translated. The books are grouped differently, counted differently, & ordered differently as well. Jesus is as foreign to us as the Buddha. He is merely 1 of many failed messianic claimants down through the yrs. He has no meaning to us except 1: The HUGE number of us that have been butchered in his name. So you can take your Jesus & please, go away. If you want to ask questions, fair enough. But don't preach. Deal?
Old 18-01-2016, 11:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaakov001
Jesus is as foreign to us as the Buddha. He is merely 1 of many failed messianic claimants down through the yrs. He has no meaning to us except 1: The HUGE number of us that have been butchered in his name. So you can take your Jesus & please, go away. If you want to ask questions, fair enough. But don't preach. Deal?

The Jew's where butchered by a Satanic Cult, just like Jesus was also murdered by a Satanic Cult! and anybody who is not suffering from cognitive dissonance knows that i am right!

Within all the modern religions, their have hijackers who call themselves Jews or Christians but really they are closet Satanists. And these have been the people that have continually edited these religions and inverted information, which creates sociopaths & spiritual glory hunters! which messes society up! because some people are lemmings like that.

Jesus Christ

The story of Jesus Christ still has meaning to people whether they are christian or not! here is man, who if he saw a injustice he spoke out! if people needed genuine help? he did something about indiscriminately, to his detriment. They make movies called batman, and superman that are based on these ideals ladies and gentlemen.

The story of Jesus Christ, is a archetype that exist inside the DNA of real men and women! black, white or indifferent (Just waiting to be activated by are own hearts! we can only do it ourselves!)....

And if you have a heart, can feel empathy and compassion! human nature! then you will know....

That any man or women in history, who acts in this manner! who takes on those ideals! is! and can never be no failure!

Forget the deal!
Old 18-01-2016, 11:53 PM

Cognitive Dissonance & the so-called Devil.

That is an illogical response. Very few Observant Jews believe in a Devil-figure or Hell. For most of us, Satan is the Prosecuting Attorney of G-d's Heavenly Court. Angels have no free will in Judaism & can only do the will of G-d. They can't rebel. Hence there can't be true Satanists, except for the misguided LaVeyan types who are just harmless Left-Hand Pathers, & then the truly psychopathic ones who need to be on meds.
Old 19-01-2016, 01:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaakov001
If I may be so bold as to interrupt, I'm an ethnic Jew whose 1st experience w/ organised religion was the Roman, & then the English Churches. My family was TOTALLY non-Observant. I almost became a monk & Priest of the C of E. I found the Faith of my Fathers (Judaism) 12 yrs ago. Coming from that background, YES, a Christian coming in here & arguing about something called the "Old Testament", assuming that we Jews should just accept that there is a "New" one later is VERY offensive. Your Christian Bible is NOT ours. The Hebrew Bible that you equate w/ the "Old Testament" is NOT Christologically translated. The books are grouped differently, counted differently, & ordered differently as well. Jesus is as foreign to us as the Buddha. He is merely 1 of many failed messianic claimants down through the yrs. He has no meaning to us except 1: The HUGE number of us that have been butchered in his name. So you can take your Jesus & please, go away. If you want to ask questions, fair enough. But don't preach. Deal?

I do have to say it is you preaching.

I disagree with the church and I also agree the bible and the gospels have been altered by the church.

I would also say it is wrong to blame him for what other's have said and done in his name. As it would be for anyone in any culture or system of beliefs.

All the best.