Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 02-05-2013, 05:10 PM
Master
Awesome topic Morpheus! I love this stuff!

The Essenes were heavily influenced by Buddhist and Hindu rites.

Baptism is in fact a pagan tradition going back to Hinduism and I believe Egyptian worship.

Jesus was very knowledgeable of such practices, but Jesus took baptism a step further that was "baptism by fire"- Jesus was permanently transforming the disciples' consciousnesses with the (Holy Breath) that he acquired. The Holy Breath-HolySpirit-HolyGhost is nothing more but the uplifting divine energy of the spiritual teacher.

I truly believe that Christianity has down more with the messianic aspect than Judaism expected. The Jews were expecting a messianic king who would deliver Israel from its foes and establish a righteous nation and the Gentiles would enter the covenant through peace after hostility and war.

Christianity needs to be redefined not as a religion of Jesus but a Mystery Religion. It is a revamped religion of Hindu/Buddhist and Egyptian Spirituality. Christianity covers it ALL.

I remember in Catechism they made us read a line in Genesis- "And the offspring of Eve will crush the serpent but the serpent will wound his heel". After telling us the "offspring of Eve is Jesus" they then said Genesis is completely poetic and symbolic. So I started to wonder- "Well then why does it symbolize just the Jewish messiah? besides Jesus didn't fulfill all the prophecies in his life as Jesus".

I believe the new offspring of Eve is the birthed Christ Consciousness that crushes the temptations of the false self (serpent) and in the process of transformation the person is wounded by the false self (serpent). Jesus of Nazareth demonstrated this ancient "Christ Pattern" by giving up his body for complete Universal Christ Consciousness, but in that process he was wounded by his generation of hostile pious elite and Imperial powers. The point is that nobody is born "from above" or can give birth to the "new self' without suffering and breaking through the carnal self.

Even though I believe Jesus was the Jewish messiah who opened a door for the gentiles (Western world) to God and overcame imperialism (Rome) on the cross, I don't think all the Old testament prophecies of the "MESSIAH" are all about Jesus.

The "MESSIAH" is more accurately the Universal Christ which saves the world and saves yourself through the ages.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:01 PM
Experiencer

On another level I had a vision as a child when reading the bible. a children's bible. Now when I got to the end of the stories about Jesus I saw, as though a part of the print, a picture of New Jerusalem (tho that is more often acquainted with Rev.) with the Messiah there and all the Hebrew people. The Messiah was Jesus but he wasn't god like my catholic grammar, instead the actual Yahweh god was there, permanently, in a cloud. This was before I had read Rev. or had knowledge (indeed contrary to the jesusisgodmsg). I came to have further reason to believe in this Messianic Jewish msg, tho that reality of belief was unknown to me until now. My own personal belief is that Jesus is the Messiah for all humanity because as the Holy Ghost incarnation he accepts everyone and as the Angel of Death brings Allah to all. And how can we not be Hebrew Witnesses since the Holocaust. On a side note, the vision and "words" were placed carefully at the end of the stories, in the style of the real thing. Soooooo .... A Templar, well we defend and protect the Holy Sepulchre, Brothers and Sisters in Christ all of us.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:12 AM
Scattered Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamah
Scattered Sheep: just curious, have you studied the 7 Noahide Laws at all?
Yes, I sure have.....
Old 03-05-2013, 01:42 PM
Scattered Sheep

Quote:
Scattered Sheep: just curious, have you studied the 7 Noahide Laws at all?
Yes, I have...
Old 04-05-2013, 07:34 PM
Yamah

I just wanted to point out that in Judaism we don't say that EVERYONE should follow the Torah. It's supposed to be something for Jews to do. Non-Jews have their own set of rules which, for the most part, they follow.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:34 PM
Experiencer

I was just wondering, does the Holy Ghost as a divine person mean anything to the messianic jews?
Old 06-05-2013, 07:03 AM
Scattered Sheep

Still getting used to navigation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattered Sheep
I am one who believes in Yahshua and follow His way, I do not know my Genealogy that well but know I am not Jewish. I do not practice Christianity because they do not properly imitate Yahshua. As most of you seem to know He was Torah observant. I study Torah every day and mean to practice as such. I know He taught Torah in His teachings, constantly. I hope you do not mind me commenting, anyway if you have any questions I know about Messianics and a little about Messianic Jews. Shalom to you all whom I highly respect.
Yes, I have studied these Noahide laws, if you want my opinion or thought you may pm me. Sincerely.
Old 30-10-2013, 01:37 AM
Starr

Re: the OP - a Messianic Jew is a Christian. And IME, often an evangelical Christian.

JFJ/Messianic Judaism is ironic and kind of horror-mirthy, considering that idolatry is forbidden in Judaism.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:47 PM
Master
Quote:
I just wanted to point out that in Judaism we don't say that EVERYONE should follow the Torah. It's supposed to be something for Jews to do. Non-Jews have their own set of rules which, for the most part, they follow.

The Messianic Jew is a Jewish person by birth who has, "seen the Light", as it were about Yeshua being the long prophesied Messiah.

Downtown, here, there is a Messianic Jewish Church. The Messianic Jew follows all the Jewish customs and celebratory rituals and particiular Biblical festivities, as all Jews do.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 16-11-2013, 08:44 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr
Re: the OP - a Messianic Jew is a Christian. And IME, often an evangelical Christian.

JFJ/Messianic Judaism is ironic and kind of horror-mirthy, considering that idolatry is forbidden in Judaism.

??*@#>?
Idolatry is discouraged in Christianity too, was formerly "forbidden," whatever that means. Jesus is not an Idol.

Jesus was of, from, for the Jews first, just as Moses was. Early disciples, gospel witnesses, church organizers had to decide as a practical matter how to reach and persuade the most people; there would be problems either way- Jews would be offended by some choices they might make in expressing their message, and Pagans, Romans & Greeks would be offended/dissuaded by other choices.

Before the miracle healings were in full effect, before the gospel witnesses had even dispersed, people disagreed on what had just happened. Those who saw one thing believed something quite different that others 4 feet away with their heads turned. People are still like this. That's how people are. Christ didn't change that; it's just a challenge He had to work with.