Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 06-06-2019, 07:18 PM
Knower

Lost lands

Were Atlantis and Lemuria real ?
Most people say that Atlantis was just a story invented by Plato, however some spiritual people say that they remember past lives from Atlantis. Some other archeologists claimed to have found ruins of Atlantis near Spain, or even near Mexico, but it wasn't actually discovered. So where was Atlantis located if it was real, in another dimension? Was it a physical place? And how were humans back then in terms of physical aspect and technology?
Old 06-06-2019, 08:28 PM
Administrator
Why shouldn't they be real.many things exist in this world that have no explanation to them.
I always keep an open mind

Namaste
Old 07-06-2019, 08:50 PM
Master

My personal belief is that both Atlantis and Lemuria existed as physical lands, and humans first took on physical form in Lemurian times. Before then, humans had etheric bodies.

Edgar Cayce referred to Atlantis and Lemuria (or Mu) many times, describing Atlantis as a large continent in what is now the Atlantic Ocean. So it is possible that there are ruins of Atlantis near both Spain and Mexico.

But there is no concrete evidence (yet), and Cayce's predictions of the rediscovery of Atlantis have not really happened (although various underwater structures have been found).

If ever such evidence is found then scientists and archeologists will be forced to abandon all their cherished notions about the origins and development of the current human race.

I too keep an open mind.

Peace.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:15 AM
Knower

Thank you both ! If that's the case why can't someone channel or talk to a spirit and find out the exact location of the sunken ruins of Lemuria and Atlantis ?
Old 08-06-2019, 06:44 PM
Master

You have more faith in channeling and spirit contact than I do. Don't get me wrong, I believe that it is possible to channel higher beings and communicate with spirits. But unfortunately much of the available channeled material is trite, and getting specific information about sunken ruins seems unlikely.

And maybe there is a time for everything, and the secrets of humanity's past history will be discovered or revealed when the time is right.

Some people may question the idea that a whole continent can sink into the ocean. Yet Lake Titicaca at 4,000 metres has marine fossils, suggesting it was once at ocean level. If mountains can rise up out of the ocean then presumably land can also sink into the ocean, leaving no trace of its inhabitants.

Peace.
Old 09-06-2019, 04:49 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
You have more faith in channeling and spirit contact than I do. Don't get me wrong, I believe that it is possible to channel higher beings and communicate with spirits. But unfortunately much of the available channeled material is trite, and getting specific information about sunken ruins seems unlikely.

And maybe there is a time for everything, and the secrets of humanity's past history will be discovered or revealed when the time is right.

Some people may question the idea that a whole continent can sink into the ocean. Yet Lake Titicaca at 4,000 metres has marine fossils, suggesting it was once at ocean level. If mountains can rise up out of the ocean then presumably land can also sink into the ocean, leaving no trace of its inhabitants.

Peace.

There are people saying that they remember past lives on Atlantis yet they don't tell where it was. Then gifted psychics could just ask spirit or channel to give an approximate location but they don't. Nobody found Atlantis yet, not even Cayce. Many Archeologists have looked everywhere to find Atlantis, from Greece to Spain to Sahara to Mexico, they found Ancient Temples and Ruins like Inca or Mayan but they couldn't find Atlantis...Or maybe it's a plot twist as they found it but it's hidden in Area 52? I tend to believe that Atlantis was either Plato's exaggeration, either America as a Continent or residing in a non physical dimension. Sadly it remains just a fictional myth and it's sad because I honestly believe in past lives, but people who claim to have had past lives on Atlantis are sort of weakening my hopes about reincarnation. This made me wonder, how do they know that they had past lives on Atlantis ?

Namaste
Edit: I just Googled Atlantis and this was the first result
Excerpt from Wikipedia below defining it as a fictional island
Atlantis is a fictional island mentioned within an allegory on the hubris of nations in Plato's works Timaeus and Critias, where it represents the antagonist naval power that besieges "Ancient Athens", the pseudo-historic embodiment of Plato's ideal state in The Republic. [Wikipedia]
Old 09-06-2019, 09:15 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird
Thank you both ! If that's the case why can't someone channel or talk to a spirit and find out the exact location of the sunken ruins of Lemuria and Atlantis ?
The question is what was Atlantis? Was it a single city or.......??? According to Plato's accounts it was beyond the Pillars of Hercules, which could be anywhere outside of the Mediterranean. What doesn't make sense to me that it was confined to a single city - all of the earth's population at the time crammed into one city? There have been what appears to be remains of ancient civilisations all across the globe, from Japan to Scotland to the Gulf of Mexico but most of it under the sea. And yes, buried under the mud in Spain too although I suspect it was some kind of gateway. It was more likely a time in history rather than a specific place.

What we do know is that there has been a few floods in the past that has changed the shape of the planet. The last one happened around 10,500 years ago (Noah's Deluge) when the earth warmed up and the ice caps melted almost overnight in geological terms. That could account for the flood destroying Atlantis. The remains of what appears to be man-made constructions seem to be mostly underwater in areas that would have been above the water in pre-Deluge times.

I've met a lot of people who have strong memories of Atlantis - including my wife - and unless there's too much group psychosis going on Atlantis was a an actual place. I'm as sure I have Past Life memories in Atlantis as as I am as sure that I have memories of other Past Lives. I've also talked to people whom I've interacted with in Atlantis who have corroborated my own accounts. When that happens time and again, somehing has to be going on. As part of a Past Life regression I made a little trip to a very isolated stone circle, and on the way there we passed where our hoe was. That was very emotional. It seems to be buried pretty deeply in the collective unconsciousness so even if it wasn't a place or time something was there. The memories are too real in too many people's minds for it to be nothing more than wild imagination.

Probably the foremost expert is Graham Hancock as regards to the archaeology and mythology, although he's not the only one by any means.

https://grahamhancock.com/crispdanatlantis/
Old 09-06-2019, 09:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird
Were Atlantis and Lemuria real ?
Most people say that Atlantis was just a story invented by Plato, however some spiritual people say that they remember past lives from Atlantis. Some other archeologists claimed to have found ruins of Atlantis near Spain, or even near Mexico, but it wasn't actually discovered. So where was Atlantis located if it was real, in another dimension? Was it a physical place? And how were humans back then in terms of physical aspect and technology?

Atlantis was likely Santorini..

Lemuria existed..? Very much doubt that. At least, there's a deep ocean where it supposedly was. And we can see rather unique flora and fauna on Madagascar, which clearly indicates the island has been remote for a very long time. India on the other hand got similar fauna to Africa and Eurasia, because these land masses are connected. Wildlife gives a good picture of the past..

We know civilizations and people's getting lost under water or floods, like Indus valley or the Doggerbank in the North Sea, but any deep ocean isn't going to deepen many kilometres in a few centuries..

Last edited by Altair : 09-06-2019 at 10:50 AM.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:09 AM
Knower

Thank you guys. Also can someone explain why we didn't find aliens on Mars or Moon or anywhere else? Are they hiding?
Old 09-06-2019, 12:37 PM
Lorelyen

There's certainly mystery around the concepts. The shape of the earth's land mass is changing over tens of millennia. Islands appear (as in Eldfell after a volcanic eruption on the eastern side of Heimaey, in the Icelandic Westman Islands, 1973), other lands will submerge with rising sea levels, earthquakes....

And there's that small problem about the Egyptians that I've mentioned before. You've heard of masons? They started with the stone cutters (masons) in Egypt. There is NO WAY those temple builders could possibly have cut their massive granite slabs in the way they did with tools found by archaeologists.

There is no way the Egyptians could have turned their narrow-necked vases and bottles (let alone with such accuracy) with tools found by archaeologists. I mean, they can't even make them now with today's technology....

...Where did the tools come from and why have they disappeared?