Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 19-06-2011, 07:48 PM
peterdoswell

Spiritualist Churches UK

Hello Dear Friend

I have had the pleasure of serving many many spiritulaist churches across the UK including clapham . Not many people know that clapham spiritualist church used to indeed be a part of oliver cromwells quarters . My memory of that particular church was a very wet and windy night . My mother came to watch me work as the medium and was spooked by the fact that she had to go out of the church down some crooked old steps to an outside toilet . However the mediumship at the church went well for me :)

Peter Doswell
Old 08-08-2011, 05:23 PM
abikisses

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
"I agree that without one voice any organisation is going to find it tough" To the degree that I don't see a future unless there's a complete turn-around.

Not in my lifetime I expect.... I'd love to be wrong, though.

It is a shame but I have to agree too.

I best get in there

Abikisses
Old 08-08-2011, 05:25 PM
abikisses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
oh my oh my what have you done Abs lol. My favourite pet hate.

Altrincham is a nice enough church as a one off now and again, but it's the same as most. Once you start going on a regular basis the back stabbing and jealousies start to emerge.

I was a member at Denton for quite a while, run by a little fella named Albert and I loved him to death (scuse the pun) what a fabulously serene energy he had. To me, he was the epitome of Spiritualism per se. No matter who you were, he would always always always make you welcome, offer some kind words, give you a smile, you get my drift. Then there were the clux. I'm not going to name them for obvious reasons, but what I will say one of them is a Minister AND a teacher down in Stanstead. How the devil he's managed to keep that position for so long is beyond me. Where his empathy, compassion, integrity, love has gone I don't know but him and his wife .. and mac I may have spoken with you a while ago about this .. between the two of them can put a 'fledgling' (how I soo hate that word grr) down in one fell swoop. The confidence that pair knocked out of me at the beginning was no ones business. Well in more recent times too if I'm honest. We all go through bad times where we just can't seem to link. If we're under the weather or whatever and to be fair to the bloke he was pushed on cold as the medium hadn't turned up. Anyway he just did not get a mediumistic link at all. Now and again he'd get a psychic link and someone would take it, that's how general it was. His wife came on and took over. You could feel how sorry people felt for him, nobody called him, nobody judged him .. well none that I was aware of anyway. We had open circle at the end and all night I'd got spirit digging me and I KNEW who I was going to, the lady at the front so I got up gave the message and it was crystal clear. She said to the fella and his wife when we were having coffee after, You want to have this girl (!!!) in your closed circle, she's turning into an excellent medium .. the woman turned round and said well he can ave er I'm not .. and walked away, he followed after her. I was absolutely mortified. I've never been back since.

But that aside, for the most part there is just too much jealousy and doctrine within the SNU and imo if they carry on, they're going to lose the membership altogether if they don't stop all this archaic teaching. I'm sure, having read and heard so much about Gordon Higginson (I must admit I do so admire that man) if he were still alive there'd be none of what's going on today. I believe he was thoroughly unique in his approach, he was groundbreaking and a go getter - coupled with being a sensitive, empathic, caring man who took the time to know people, to listen to the world around him, to listen to spirit and be guided by them.

Crewe's a lovely church though. I platformed there, the energy of the place was incredible, and the people were lovely. Bristol's also a lovely church and so is Middlesborough. I've done seminars at both those, and met some lovely lovely people. But yet again, you come away, and find out that the same things are going on in those that are in your own church, so it's nationwide.

Ah well, I'll go back to me hideyhole now I've had me say .. great thread Abs, nice to see you again

Love light and laughter
Jue xxx

If they would just bring in younger mediums, allowing them to bring new ideas to the table, enabling the SNU to move into the 21st century it would get people back into the churches. that's all it would take, but instead what's happening. Ego is getting in the way, pure and simple.

Sorry for the late reply!

How are you Jules? Looking lovely as ever... Needed a bit of time out, you know how it goes

Would love to see you in action btw!

Abikisses x
Old 08-08-2011, 05:26 PM
abikisses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbie
Ive not had the guts to get to Altrincham even though I emailed them explaining my hearing problem and the problems this would give me in a development circle, as well as asking for their advice. Have to say they sent a lovely reply and recommened I mailed Stanstead Hall.

Both times at other local snu churches I got a no we are not interested our circle is closed. I was desperate for support and just got a cold shoulder, I was amazed at the response.

Nice to hear they were lovely at Altrincham, might get my big girl trousers on and go sometime!!

Did you get anywhere Orbie?

Abikisses x
Old 08-08-2011, 05:28 PM
abikisses

Quote:
Ahhhh now that made me smile....tights... I got told the same thing on my first interview for a teaching post, it was 80 degree heat too! I didn't ask how my lack of tights would impact on my teaching ability but I wasnt 46 then!!

Out of interest anyone here go to Altrincham by any chance?

I do Orbie, it's my local!

Abikisses x
Old 08-08-2011, 05:29 PM
abikisses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickod
Denton Manchester is a very welcoming church ....accessible too

Good to hear some good news!
Old 13-08-2011, 05:07 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by abikisses
I do Orbie, it's my local!

Abikisses x

Hello there! Have mailed you. Would love to see Jules in action too! x
Old 13-08-2011, 06:59 PM
mac

Quote:
Hello there! Have mailed you. Would love to see Jules in action too! x

Still bashing the boards then, N?
Old 13-08-2011, 08:01 PM
Knower

:) well I am a tad sporadic nowadays but nice to be here :)
Old 14-09-2011, 08:56 PM
Achilles

Yeah theres a few in Liverpool