Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 18-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Experiencer
Question Some people make me VERY anxious--Why?

Hi,

*I posted in this section because I've been told I'm an Indigo child...

In 2007 I started a spiritual journey and started to learn more about my gifts. I've noticed I'm extremely intuitive and can know what people are thinking many times. Usually, I can only tell what they're thinking when they're being dishonest; I feel like I'm a human lie detector or something. I'm also good at reading facial expressions, body language, mood via text, etc.

That being said, two people at work make me feel EXTREMELY anxious. They're really nice to me--always trying to hang out, talk, etc.--but their actions don't coincide with how I instinctively "know" them. For that reason, I don't let them get too close...but why do I feel anxious? Is it their negative energy?
Old 18-07-2012, 10:53 PM
Administrator
It sounds like you are an empath you pick up on peoples thoughts and emmotions, and if you pick that up and they have negative thoughts you will pick it up, i am a people watcher i read people in seconds i will know whether i will like them or not, my instincts are second to none, and im yet to be proven wrong,

Namaste
Old 18-07-2012, 11:18 PM
Master
In a work situation, most of the time you can count on co-workers having some sort of undercurrent going on whether it's jealousy, envy, or some other common emotion that isn't 'nice'. People at work always seem to be sizing each other up, as office politics change from moment to moment sometimes.

Old 19-07-2012, 06:42 PM
Master
Hi,

Negative energy is not easy to deal with. I say, trust your feelings and have confidence in your ability to maintain that good working relationship.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 19-07-2012, 07:10 PM
Ascender
I'm an Indigo child too an have some of the same abilities and learned to live with them. Yes I can tell a lie and read a lie - even read emotions through text.. all the things are today just some abilityes out of many that are a part of me. I chose to acept this side of me with the abilities I have and everything after that were just fine. Yes we can feal alone in this world or even strange.. I used to think I were a stranger in a strange land full of strange people who were not like me and I had to learn to understand them in order to "fit in".

Peace and love from me to you

A Peaceful Mind
Old 19-07-2012, 10:16 PM
Henri77

I've known a few people who were very very skillful liars, very capable of conning people with their smooth act.

Yet beneath was a manipulative personality only interested in their agenda ....and such folks always creep me out....
Old 20-07-2012, 12:39 AM
Experiencer
Hi,

Thank you for all of the responses. These two have definitely been a challenge but everyone is switching jobs soon so I won't have to work with them for too much longer. That being said, I've learned how to somewhat deal with people like them so I guess that's the good side of everything.
Old 20-07-2012, 02:50 AM
Henri77

One will always encounter people with whom one feels uncomfortable with, yet find them impossible to totally avoid.
It can be a valuable lesson learning how to manage such a situation.

I recall a spiritual teacher relating a situation with a manager who was a tyrant
in company meetings.
He referred to the man as his greatest teacher, as it taught him to become transparent to the manager's abrasive behavior. So he would remain at peace, unaffected, regardless what happened.
Old 20-07-2012, 03:19 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtisticAthlete
Hi,

Thank you for all of the responses. These two have definitely been a challenge but everyone is switching jobs soon so I won't have to work with them for too much longer. That being said, I've learned how to somewhat deal with people like them so I guess that's the good side of everything.

Sometimes we are put in a situation to learn and evolve from it. Sometimes we run away but the only thing we learn is to learn the same thing just in another class room. As I can see from where I am sitting / and this is my point of seeing things is that: You have to learn to be around all different kind of persons and still love and accept them as they are.

Every teaching in life is a challenge.. but the most important thing is did we learn what we had to learn?

Sorry for saying this so straight out, I hope you take is lightly

Peace and love from me to you

Yours

A Peaceful Mind
Old 20-07-2012, 08:34 PM
Experiencer
You are 100% correct. Recently, I've started repeating to myself, "Love them for who they are." One of the girls who makes me feel anxious is actually REALLY good at that (although she has a mean streak...but we all have things we need to work on)--and the person she replaced was really good at that too.

Now that I think about it, I'm really bad at that. I'm easily affected by my surroundings if I'm subjected too it on a constant basis. I tend to only surround myself with certain personalities--definitely something I need to work on.

I'm not sure how to NOT feel anxious (or get annoyed) by personalities that don't coincide with mine. I know I need to learn how to not let people affect me (or outer circumstances) but I don't seem to be making much progress. Any ideas?