Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 16-10-2015, 06:45 PM
Miss M

Effects of reiki, or something else?

Hi,
I´ve had a couple of experiences while doing reiki that I was hoping that someone in this forum would be able to help clarify for me as I´m unsure if it´s something that is connected to the reiki, or if it´s something ´else´.

Twice I´ve had the experience of feeling what the receiver of the distant healing session has been feeling physically. First time it happened was when I was giving distant healing to a friend of mine that suffers anxiety (amongst other ´things´..). This was the first treatment I ever gave her, and I could feel my throat tightening at some point not long after we had started the session. Turned out that she had been on the point of calling me to have me abort the session as she felt that she was about to get an anxiety attack. This gave both her and I amazement and made us both pretty convinced that something most definitely was in the works. With time the rational mind has somewhat started to question it and thought of it as being possibly just a coincidence.

Now recently I´ve had a similar experience, but this time I have no doubt that I felt what my recipient was feeling. I have a ferret that I´m very close to and that needed to go through surgery a couple of months ago. There was a lot that pointed towards him having gotten a tumor growing inside his already enlarged spleen, and I was pretty distressed about loosing him. The week of the surgery I brought him in to hospital every day to get IV as he was dehydrating. They put the IV needle in his left ´arm´and left it there for the two days he had to go in before surgery. The day of the surgery they also put him on IV and I had no idea when they would take him in to operate, only that they would call me if what they saw after opening him did not look good, and that they would perform the surgery and be finished at least before they went for a break at 2 p.m. That morning/midday I sat here in my living-room and started a reiki session hoping to connect with him and get some sense of how things were going. Then suddenly I felt a small pinch on the inside of my elbow, as if someone pinched me with a needle followed by a feeling of fluids rushing up my arm, followed by a ´medical´taste in my throat. It was definitely not me imagining things and I made sure to look at the watch (12:22... I brought him in 10:00). What puzzled me though was that I felt this in my right arm and he had the needle put in his left ´arm ´. Later they called me with the extremely good news that he was waking up from surgery and that everything looked good Later that evening when I picked him up so that he could stay at home during night before going back for more IV therapy the day after, I noticed that they had changed the needle over to his right ´arm ´... The day after I asked the nurse at the hospital straight out if they had changed the position of the needle around 12:20. The response was that that would be about right as they had taken him in for surgery 12:15. I was lucky that the person I asked is into yoga and the likes, so she didn´t look at me as a total freak ;) But yeah, this has definitely convinced me that there are some good powers at work here :)

So my question is this; Has anyone else had similar experiences with reiki, or is there something else that kicks in when I have these experiences? The two times it has happened it has been with beings that are close to me and where I definitely have had a personal interest in their well being. I have been giving reiki to a few other people as well, as in family members of another close friend of mine, but I have not had experiences that even come close to what I´ve felt with my friend from childhood and my beloved ferret.

This made for a bit of a read, and I thank everyone that has taken the time to read it all. Any answers will be highly appreciated as I´m a bit confused as to what is really happening and if it´s something that I can develop and control in some way.

Kind regards,

Miss M
Old 17-10-2015, 09:16 AM
Master

Yes is happens all the time to me plus picking up the emotions as well. Yes, it is connected to reiki ofcourse. You are using the distance symbol plus you are using intention.
Old 18-10-2015, 12:11 AM
Knower
If you are extremely empathetic, you might pick up things like this I think ...never happened to me yet but I have only been Reiki for 4 months ...are you experienced in other energy systems? I have heard if you are before getting Reiki, things like this can happen as it can be hard to let the ego go after becoming accustomed to using one's own energy to heal. Just a thought.
Old 18-10-2015, 11:29 AM
Miss M

Thank you vespa68 and silverSpice for your feedback :)

@vespa68; Are you saying that in these particular incidents I´ve used the distant healing symbol and intention to actual pick up on what the recipients are feeling? The whole thing has me puzzled as it hasn´t happened in other instances of giving distant reiki to other individuals. I´ll usually "only" get a feeling of energy being pulled from my hands, or the feeling as if there is some sort of shield preventing me from moving my hands too close to the point of the body I´m giving treatment to. That would be on the object I use to represent the individual I´m giving distant reiki to. The notions I usually pick up does not even get close to what I´ve felt during these two incidents. I didn´t really think that one would pick up what the recipient was feeling physically when performing reiki..? I find nothing written about this phenomenon when searching online. Would you know of any essays or articles discussing this?

@silverSpice; I am not experienced in other energy systems. To be totally honest, I´m still battling my own rational mind to really let myself completely "go" with the reiki. I took the course with the aim of treating myself, and as part of developing my knowledge of the craft, have experimented a bit ´here and there´. I´ve been doing it on and off for about 3,5 years now, but having had these experiences, especially this last one involving my beloved ferret, I´m definitely getting more into exploring it further and am now slowly starting to explore what it can do when for example applying it to projects I have going. That is, I started doing that yesterday ;) I admit that I have been thinking a bit in the lines of what you´re suggesting, that there is something in the lines of empathetic forces that kicks in, and that since both individuals with whom I had this happen for sure are very much linked to me both emotionally and psychologically, that maybe that heightens the possibility of something like this to happen. But as mentioned to vespa68; I really do not find any writings discussing this phenomena. It would be more than interesting to know what provokes it and if it´s something one can develop and ´control´in some way. But could be as vespa68 states, that it´s directly connected to the reiki, no more no less. I would just really like to find some more info on the matter, as I really haven´t found it mentioned anywhere.
Old 18-10-2015, 12:31 PM
Knower
I guess there isn't much out there on this phenom because it is generally stated that Reiki can do no harm (not that this is actually doing any harm but you may wish not to experience it) ...but I do think some people tend to pick up on other's energies ...maybe be sure to protect yourself with CKR & SHK ...perhaps keep a Reiki charged crystal on your person to reflect any unwanted energies ...declare your intention not to receive anyone else's energies ...whatever resonates with you. I like to make a big ball of Reiki energy then place it on the floor in front of me, and step into it. I state that this will reflect negativity and unwanted energies ...I'm sure others will eventually chime in, this really isn't an overly busy forum. I'd personally love to find a thriving online Reiki community/forum. Or see this one get more active ...love & light to you!
Old 18-10-2015, 10:57 PM
Miss M

Again, thanks for the feedback silverSpice :) I apparently haven´t used the right words when looking for answers. I just now found an article that mentions the picking up on others energies while giving reiki. According to this article what has happened is that I´ve opened up for receiving the energy of the recipient by making myself personally involved in the healing.

"The practitioner may have an unhealthy interest in "curing" the client". ... "A practitioner who is working on a friend or relative may have a specific outcome they are desperately seeking because of the role that person plays in their life. Thus, a practitioner may also become open to taking on the client's symptoms as a way of helping the client achieve the desired results. Furthermore, a practitioner may have strong feelings of guilt and may feel that they deserve to be punished or restricted in some way. On an unconscious level, they invite the client's negative energy into their energy field as a way of self-punishment, and may also feel drained afterwards."

(as I´m a newbie I´m not yet allowed to copy and paste links to webpages. Have added it below, but with added space in the address, so if anyone is interested in checking out the info on this you should be able to copy and paste the "link" and then just delete all the spaces I´ve added)

reiki.org / reikinews / improvepractice. html

Reading this article based on the two instances I´ve had with this happening, it does make sense. I probably felt it so strongly with my ferret as I was ´desperate´to feel his being with all my heart and soul. I´m definitely finding reiki more intriguing now and am eager to explore this more! Again, thank you for your feedback! Much love!