Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 22-02-2015, 02:57 AM
Knower

Hyperthyroidism

I have hyperthyroidism, and am interested in taking a holistic approach as far as is possible to help manage the condition. I'm unable to afford an N.D. and am essentially going to have to try to have my doctor agree to monitor me on my current dosage of methimazole, while I add holistic remedies on the side to see if they add improvement. I'm sure my levels are still out of whack due to my unnatural stickishness and my hyperactive feelings. My doctor hasn't looked into the cause yet, and I must ask him to when I see him Monday.

I've ordered some lemon balm and motherwurt herbs for tea, as well as a pur water filter for my faucet. From what I understand, I need to avoid refined foods and excess iodine. Things such as broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, berries are good. I believe carrots and onions are good, spinach I've seen mixed reviews on. But basically a well rounded diet. I have chia seeds for my omega 3s (I'm vegan), and I do use soy a lot, which I've heard is bad, but is my main source of protein.

I also know I should avoid caffeine, and TRY to quit smoking, though the cigarettes have a snowballs chance in hell.

And additional advice? Thank you.
Old 24-02-2015, 05:19 PM
anastaciia

Hi there, I've had some thyroid problems on my own (hyper) and my mother has also had hypo and hyper. My mother and I are both gluten free but she believes gluten was actually the cause of her thyroid issues, and when I every so often accidentally ingest gluten from a hidden source my thyroid symptoms begin to worsen. There's a lot of ties between gluten and thyroid problems nowadays. I would research and see if you can work out a diet that either eliminates or cuts back on gluten. We've found that essential oils like frankincense and myrrh have also helped thyroid function.
Old 24-02-2015, 08:38 PM
Knower

I will look into that. Thank you.
Old 28-02-2015, 12:19 PM
Master
I go with gluten free for thyroid and hyper problems. Gluten turns me a bit nutty. If I wasn't enough already but gluten = meltdown for me. In the Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine it relates coeliac to scizophrenia. I do believe it's possible to completely repair your small and large intestine so as to again eat some wheat without bother--no-one should eat alot of it, if any.. Taichi is great for repairing the small intestine cos it works on the cantien which is located by them. If you get a feeling of pressure in your throat then ime that is always manageable with gluten free.

Mercury fillings, according to one experiment done on sheep, affects the thyroid within minutes of being placed in their mouths. Fillings then affect the throat chakra and what you're able to say, and how. Another less known cause of thyroid problems can be cavitations. Which are covered over septic bone holes where teeth have been removed but not the ligament, which rots, as well.

One way to relax your throat is to earth it. Take a grounded wire and split into two and put one on one side of throat and the other on the other. Works a treat. Any inflammation is positive charge, electrically speaking, and given the opportunity this will always seek to earth. You can definitely overground yourself too much using earthing as well. Less is more.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 02-03-2015, 12:07 AM
Knower

Thank you.