Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 21-05-2014, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTerra
As a Certified Natural Health Consultant--I would like to add that you should check with your Doctor--before changing your regiment in any way (and this includes taking-on a new exercise routine)--especially when taking prescribed medications--then check with your Pharmacist (as well) just in case there is something that your Doctor may have missed.

Your Pharmacist will have a record of all your medications on file.

For instance...did you know that a Botanical as mild and non-cumulative as Chamomile can have deathly contraindications--when taken in combination with certain prescription blood-thinners?

Natural does not (always) mean harmless--please be safe and proceed with caution.

Wise advice Lady Terra
Old 22-05-2014, 01:49 AM
LadyTerra

Greetings Tobi--it is great to see you!

I appreciate the hard work you are doing--especially by helping to keep all our SF Family Members safe and well informed.

We love our Family.
Old 23-05-2014, 12:28 AM
Phantasmic Fox

Quote:
You and I have no way of knowing what medications someone else may be taking and not everyone is as into research as you and I.

Some people do self-medicate on the advice of others--without realizing that side-effects could arise. Some people believe that--just because something is "natural"--it is automatically safe.

In any case...regardless of how you may regard their qualifications...Doctors must be notified of any changes in the regiment of the Patients they are treating--so that they have completely updated records--just in case they need to alter the Patient's protocol--or any side-effects arise. This knowledge can save lives in the event of an unforeseen emergency.

Pharmacists--on the other hand--are a well-spring of knowledge and wisdom--when it comes to allopathic--or naturopathic--pharmacology.

My Pharmacist is (always) generous with her time and wisdom. She is ever ready to share her vast knowledge (which far out-weighs my own) and help to prevent contraindications--before they happen.

IMHO--a wise person avails themselves of all available informational resources.

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...

Ever your friend,

LadyTerra
If someone lacks the intelligence to self medicate solely on the advice found on the internet without researching far and wide, then that is there own fault. Let them learn the hard way. Humans have been learning from their mistakes for centuries, and will continue learning this way for centuries to come.

Doctors study medicine. They are funded by pharmaceutical companies and will prescribe a pill before considering nutritional therapy. They don't study herbs and natural remedies unless they choose to do so. They aren't required to study nutrition - only medicine. People typically don't need any medicine at all unless they are on their death bed, and in such a case EVERYTHING you put in your body should be monitored, not just herbs. Chances are you will get misleading information from a medicinal doctor. They'll more likely suggest you don't take the herbs, and suggest their own version in pill form. If you absolutely need a professional opinion on the effects of herbs, why would you see a medicine practitioner, and not a holistic nutritionist who actually specializes in herbs and nutrition? I'm sorry, but if you rely on doctors for advice on what you put in your body, I can't help question your reliability.

Don't be afraid to shy away/not care about/ignore my imposition, though. I can see you are quite certain of yourself and prepared to look down upon me by labelling me an advocate of negative energy as though you, as a human, possess no negative traits.
Old 23-05-2014, 12:54 AM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasmic Fox
If someone lacks the intelligence to self medicate solely on the advice found on the internet without researching far and wide, then that is there own fault. Let them learn the hard way. Humans have been learning from their mistakes for centuries, and will continue learning this way for centuries to come.

Doctors study medicine. They are funded by pharmaceutical companies and will prescribe a pill before considering nutritional therapy. They don't study herbs and natural remedies unless they choose to do so. They aren't required to study nutrition - only medicine. People typically don't need any medicine at all unless they are on their death bed, and in such a case EVERYTHING you put in your body should be monitored, not just herbs. Chances are you will get misleading information from a medicinal doctor. They'll more likely suggest you don't take the herbs, and suggest their own version in pill form. If you absolutely need a professional opinion on the effects of herbs, why would you see a medicine practitioner, and not a holistic nutritionist who actually specializes in herbs and nutrition? I'm sorry, but if you rely on doctors for advice on what you put in your body, I can't help question your reliability.

Don't be afraid to shy away/not care about/ignore my imposition, though. I can see you are quite certain of yourself and prepared to look down upon me by labelling me an advocate of negative energy as though you, as a human, possess no negative traits.

My concern is the health and safety of others.

When someone poses a question in any of the Health and Natural Healing Forums--they are likely to get opinions from some people like me.

Peace and Love on your path to doing your own research and forming your own conclusions...

Blessed be...
Old 23-05-2014, 01:12 AM
somnium

When I used it I was looking to make a brew to enhance my dreeaming abilities in the waking world and expand my perceptions. When I took it with valerian root powder and elder berries I put about a handful of dried leaves into a tea and couple teaspoons of valerian powder, and two teaspoons of elder berries. The concoction I got put me in a blissful state that made everything more dreamy and beautiful, and even people seemed to transform into more attractive forms. Later I began adding passion flower leaves to the brew and it was greater.
Old 23-05-2014, 01:30 AM
Phantasmic Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by somnium
When I used it I was looking to make a brew to enhance my dreeaming abilities in the waking world and expand my perceptions. When I took it with valerian root powder and elder berries I put about a handful of dried leaves into a tea and couple teaspoons of valerian powder, and two teaspoons of elder berries. The concoction I got put me in a blissful state that made everything more dreamy and beautiful, and even people seemed to transform into more attractive forms. Later I began adding passion flower leaves to the brew and it was greater.
Great choice of herbs for your desired product - although, may I suggest adding lavender and rosemary to create male/female polarity? I noticed your choice of herbs are purely feminine in nature, or do you find you get a better product by omitting the masculine influence? I always like to mix male/female and always try to include something warm with influence from the sun or mars. You would get the warmth of the sun by adding rosemary. Both herbs possess sleep-inducing and protective qualities. With lavender and rosemary, you would also receive influences from the four basic elements.
Old 23-05-2014, 01:45 AM
Phantasmic Fox

Quote:
My concern is the health and safety of others.

When someone poses a question in any of the Health and Natural Healing Forums--they are likely to get opinions from some people like me.

Peace and Love on your path to doing your own research and forming your own conclusions...

Blessed be...
...and you remain ignorant, completely ignoring my imposition.
Old 23-05-2014, 10:31 PM
somnium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasmic Fox
Great choice of herbs for your desired product - although, may I suggest adding lavender and rosemary to create male/female polarity? I noticed your choice of herbs are purely feminine in nature, or do you find you get a better product by omitting the masculine influence? I always like to mix male/female and always try to include something warm with influence from the sun or mars. You would get the warmth of the sun by adding rosemary. Both herbs possess sleep-inducing and protective qualities. With lavender and rosemary, you would also receive influences from the four basic elements.

I'll keep that in mind, I never really looked at it in masculine and feminine before and just took the plants for their traditional knowledge and added the ones that fit my purpose. I did learn a shamanic approach to plants that enables one to alter the relationship of the plant to better suit your needs. I have had great success in this way making plants do things they ordinarily would not do. But mostly I just stick to the books and research to begin my studies. I'll have to keep what you point out in mind and do some more research.