Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Time Travel

Old 14-08-2023, 03:40 AM
Master
I think there's a word for someone being nostalgic about the times they didn't get to experience, I need to search it.
Edit : it's called "Anemoia" .

that is what I feel about the 70's If I was born in 9-1-1943 I would have been 17 in 1970. I feel very much connected to that era for some reason.
Old 14-08-2023, 02:10 PM
Seeker

Honestly, if you look at standard of living, health care, opportunities, freedom (racial, gender, religion, sexuality...) there is no better time in history than today. Throughout history, the birth lottery was very dangerous for most people. I have no desire to go back in time at all.

The future... maybe I would go, but I am pretty happy being retired on the beach today. 😎
Old 15-08-2023, 04:09 AM
Dude111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
I would go back to the God Spark of the beginning of life as we know it. That point where it all opened wide to explore.
Yes I would join you Lynn!
Old 16-08-2023, 08:37 PM
Master
Depends also what situation you are in,if you lived a comfortable life in some ancient civilisation or were part of a victim tribe of same civilisation,similar today you could be part of the affluent or part of the put up on,both have positives and negatives,even in my block of flats today there is hellish conditions in some and some are like stepping into a semi paradise-so golden ages and golden places-I should strive to make my place a golden one and if I get a time machine just go times at random.
Old 28-08-2023, 06:04 PM
Seeker

I would go back to dinosaur age, maybe take some survival expert with me. Would research local enviroment and take photos.
Old 31-10-2023, 07:39 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsearching
i wish there was a way that time travel was possiable. i just wanted to know what era or decade would you like to live in or maybe in learn form. ? I would love to go back into the 70s and early 80s all they to the 1990s. considering i was born in 1993, i feel connected to those eras for some reason. i honesly love the music back than the nice r&b songs and funck phycadellic. i would also like to witness the black panther movement and revolutionary change during the the early 60s. even though i like do-wop music and i listen to artist like frankie lymon & the teenagers, i would not want to go back in time in the 1950s though.

Regarding the terms of music and cultural movements the 70s, 80s and 90s certainly had their unique charm. If i have to choose one then renaissance period would be my first choice. That was the time of the great intellectual and with lots of artistic innovations. What do you think about it?
Old 10-12-2023, 05:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenda
Regarding the terms of music and cultural movements the 70s, 80s and 90s certainly had their unique charm. If i have to choose one then renaissance period would be my first choice. That was the time of the great intellectual and with lots of artistic innovations. What do you think about it?
The Renaissance period is not somewhere I'd want to travel back in time too, to each their own though. I feel very much connected to the 60's and 70's.
Old 10-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Master

i can't think of an era i would actually like. The whole thing is just a mess....
Old 17-12-2023, 12:50 AM
Ascender

I feel that I have an affinity with the Belle Epoque, and may well have been an artist on continental Europe at this time in a previous life. Just before it, and then during it, so that I could experience the changes and the progress which took place.

Other than that, I would have liked to live in Swinging London during the 1960’s. Or been in Berlin when the wall came down (maybe as a 3rd year undergraduate doing TEFL Teaching in West Berlin).