Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 17-09-2016, 02:50 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
The good thing about a Yurt or similar is it is classed as a "movable dwelling". Thus you may be able to get around planning laws which can be so intrusive even in your own private life and on your own patch of land!! The same cannot be said for solid structures, and that can end sometimes in great disappointment and sadness and upset.
Of course, planning laws vary from country to country.
In the UK the planning officers take no prisoners. I know someone who had a beautiful solid structure with veranda, chickens, her own land. It was the most peaceful lovely place with woodstove, etc. She had to tear it all down, cried many tears, and was forced to rent out a cottage only yards away from her own patch of land! Of course -at a price! And with no mercy.
Of course, it was based I believe on decent principles at first -such as sound building regulations, sanitary regulations etc....but has degenerated into a 'nazi' regime and a money-making venture by local councils and seems to be run by robots incapable of independent thinking or any form of flexibility!

The United States has its laws, but the state I live in has lax zoning flaws, even less weapons regulation, and a Castle Doctrine. My land is my fortress once the cash is handed over.
Old 17-09-2016, 09:06 AM
Experiencer
For what it's worth:

2015 was the worst year on record for killings of land and environmental defenders – people struggling to protect their land, forests and rivers

https://www.globalwitness.org/en/rep...gerous-ground/
Old 17-09-2016, 07:44 PM
Experiencer

I think "laws" and "flaws" in my above post were supposed to be switched haha.
Trigger Warning: I am neither FDA Approved nor USDA Certified. Certain subject matter is prohibited by federal law; I'm a good girl, so please don't publicly discuss such things with me. Privately message me if you'd like to ask personal questions.

My advice may contain words known in the state of California to offend people. Attempt any activities I discuss at your own risk. I ask odd questions and give answers you won't want to hear. Come to me as a last resort.
Old 17-09-2016, 11:52 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogenblue
I don't think you should blame local councils for upholding the laws. If it wasn't for them the whole countryside would by filled up with houses by people with more money by now.
Not a single spot of green would be left at all anymore.

Yes I see your point mogenblue. Of course. Well....that is the ideal anyway; that those laws are (or were originally) set up to protect our green spaces, and also to make sure jerry-built structures weren't put up dangerously, willy-nilly, everywhere.
But that's what I mean about flexibility. It should be a case-by-case assessment....and maybe suggestions made for improvement if deemed necessary after building inspections. But usually it never comes to that sort of co-operation.
Old 18-09-2016, 02:14 AM
Experiencer
The Netherlands is a highly civilized country. Densily populated.
There is a constant need for more housings and project developers want to build more office buildings all the time.

That goes even more in Amsterdam. My city works like a magnet on people from all over the country and from abroad.
Space is precious. Green even more. Citizens fight regularly against expansion plans of project developers. In my area, West, there is another plan for transforming green, the little we have left, into a flat building.
Here is the dutch site: http://westerparkgroen.nl/
It has big pictures so even without reading it should not be hard to understand.

I think that today moving to a plant based diet is even more important then before. For both health and environmental reasons. It's important to make people more aware of it.
A lot of people find vegans irritating when they come up with their message. Well, I think they will have to learn to understand that we do need to change. Cost for health insurance is spiralling up. Bees are having a very hard time, deforestation in the tropics for feeding live stock. Problems are piling up.
And people still believe that eating meat is good and necessary for your health. You should see those fat people walking on the street overhere. Lots of them don't even walk at all anymore. They can only move by bicycle because their knees can't handle the weight anymore.
Old 18-09-2016, 11:42 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogenblue
The Netherlands is a highly civilized country. Densily populated.
There is a constant need for more housings and project developers want to build more office buildings all the time.

That goes even more in Amsterdam. My city works like a magnet on people from all over the country and from abroad.
Space is precious. Green even more. Citizens fight regularly against expansion plans of project developers. In my area, West, there is another plan for transforming green, the little we have left, into a flat building.
Here is the dutch site: http://westerparkgroen.nl/
It has big pictures so even without reading it should not be hard to understand.

I think that today moving to a plant based diet is even more important then before. For both health and environmental reasons. It's important to make people more aware of it.
A lot of people find vegans irritating when they come up with their message. Well, I think they will have to learn to understand that we do need to change. Cost for health insurance is spiralling up. Bees are having a very hard time, deforestation in the tropics for feeding live stock. Problems are piling up.
And people still believe that eating meat is good and necessary for your health. You should see those fat people walking on the street overhere. Lots of them don't even walk at all anymore. They can only move by bicycle because their knees can't handle the weight anymore.

Yes I can see that in a small country like the Netherlands....especially around a city like Amsterdam, any green spaces are so sacred, and so I can see why building regulation/planning laws have to be quite strict there.

I still feel (especially in some countries, like UK) that a case-by-case assessment, with full planning inspection, would be a fair and good idea. It is a completely different matter -someone putting up a small cabin on their 5 acres of land, for them to live in simply -to someone wishing to build 4 houses or apartments, and swallowing up a small precious suburban green space in property development.
But it seems the laws are all based on the "what if everybody did that" premise. Though I do understand there obviously have to be restrictions.

Yes vegans can be rather unpopular....which is a shame. I have seen quite a lot of anti-vegan propaganda, thinly disguised as 'humour'....or something else. Or they are treated as slightly nuts. It makes me wonder why that is happening. The wish to conform is a very strong herd-instinct among humans. And sometimes those who don't wish to act the same as the masses, get ridiculed.
A vegan diet is compassionate, and very healthy if done with care and some thought to a balanced diet.
However, a suspicious side of me wonders if that has something to do with those who have a vested interest (i.e bilions of pounds/dollars, whatever) in us being chronically unwell??
Old 19-09-2016, 08:06 AM
Experiencer
Life is a work in progress. Societies are works in progress.
Everybody is a work in progress. You and I are work in progress too.
There is always room for improvement. Always.

The abundance of food in the west is unprecedented in history. Many people are just not prepared to handle that abundance. The usual way for people to learn is to learn by experience. You can talk about food for ages, but tasting food and feeling it going into your body and experiencing that effect is totally different.
Same with sex. ;)
Learning by experience is the natural way of evolution.

People need to develop conscious. They must become aware of the consequences of their actions. A lot of people lack the knowledge of how to properly handle food and switch to a proper diet. It's a blank in their conscious. You can't blaim people for not knowing everything. And it's quite natural for people to stick to habits that have rusted in.

So the few people who do have made that progression to a healthier and more compassionate diet are ahead of the rest.
Compassion is not limited to animals alone. Nor to people alone.
Compassion and love can expand to everything and everybody that lives.

The books of Jozef Rulof haven given me some marvelous insights about life. It has explained me how the spheres of light and darkness originated. My eyes just popped out when I read that.

It has also explained that once you have made it into a sphere of light it's no guarantuee at all that you will not fall back anymore. In general the various aspects of human being are not all of the same level. So when someone who already made it to a sphere of light incarnates back on earth it's easy enough to become prone to their lower aspects. And when they return back to the afterlife after they finished that life on earth then ofthen enough they have to accept the twilight zone or even less. In spite of the fact that they left from a sphere of light! It's so amazing to know this. It has made me more aware and more cautious of what I do and should refrain from.

So it's inevitable for people to make mistakes. That's how we learn. By experience.
Many people are oblivious to the effects that their choices in life have on their future life. Same goes for food.
I think that I can contribute some positive input by telling them about the benefits for their health and the environment. And that's what I do. My arguments are adressed to their egoism and self interest: plant based food is better for your health and is more sustainable for the planet. And I use scientific reports to support that.
I have learned that people all care about live stock. They all find that cows and pigs should live out in the open. But when you tell them about the different reality of mega barns they all turn away and don't care anymore. You have to eat. Right? That's their final argument.
I think I have more chance of succes when I address their egoism and self interest. Survival, good health and your own happiness goes first. And when people make healthier food choices, more towards plant based, animals will benefit from it automatically.

I bought a polo-shirt some time ago with the vegetarian logo on the chest. I'm on a vegan diet, but people recognize this symbol. From time to time I put it on and make a walk downtown to the center of the city. It's crowded overthere with tourists all the time, year around. That's how I make a statement.
Sometimes you see someone looking up. Wants to see what kind of a person it is that would do such a thing. I have also seen a fat man on a bike looking at me. There was this glance of recognition in his eyes. And then it faded away again. I walk by a burger tent. People come out and see the logo. Well, nothing changes, but they do know wheat it means. It does remind them. And some people smile when they see you, or even greet you.

So that's what I do about it. Among others.
And I feel good about it.

There are various industries that have interest that conflict with the health of people and well being of us all. Pharmacies, bio industrie, sugar industry, oil and gas companies. They talk about profit, economic importance, jobs, etcetera.
It would be just so much better if people would just realize that a plant based diet would be better for all of us. But it scares people. They think they lose everything. They don't know what happens. They think they would probably die if they did...............
Old 19-09-2016, 04:44 PM
Deactivated Account
Yesterday i was searching, for fun, for the Area 51, on Google maps.

You wont believe me what i have found !

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.2324401,-115.2891903,3a,60y,78.23h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sUYM9HR4rUuZvUeLqsLJ0Fw!2e0!7i1 3312!8i6656

Please mods, if this is inappropriate, remove it.

XD

On topic:
I dont know why should anyone be for or against vegans. For me i eat what i do like, and dont want to eat what i do not like.

There are sorts of meat which i dislike as well as plants.

My current belief is, that God is feeding me, in whichever form that may happen, either plants or meat, yeah even water supply comes from God.
Old 19-09-2016, 04:56 PM
Experiencer
@SerpieSunny:

Going back to the wild would be by far the worst mistake of my life.

http://emmajerk.tumblr.com/post/1498...roman-avseenko
Old 20-09-2016, 10:14 AM
Pathfinder

You know whn you tell people, they all like " this is stupid" kind of react, but, just ignore it. It's your life, your health, you won't be able to change noones world, just let everybody spoil themselves the way they want.