Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 10-04-2016, 04:57 PM
Master

I'm very sorry, but think what you are going through is normal. You are sensitive and you are just learning a new relataionship with your father in a different way, and it creates an angst as you miss the physical presence.

Be strong.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:04 PM
Experiencer
I'm so so sorry for your loss. It seems you have a very

strong and loving bond with your dad. People don't realize

or tend to forget, love binds our souls together. It's

unconditional and its what we carry with us when it's our

time. It can't die. The physical body overall isn't the

most important thing. You need to look, listen, feel and

pay attention with all your senses. Your memory can be a

very good tool. Like if something is out of place. Thinking

of him in suspendars and later find a pair laying out. When

grieving we tend miss the signs saying they are still with

us. I'm by no means a long island medium. Just now

trying to grasp and learn how to use what I was given.

But there's no doubt in my mind he is with you.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:47 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
So sorry to hear that, dear PurpleMist.

Firstly, yes, when his 'time' comes his mum and dad and Barney will be there to greet him. Indeed, they may come to accompany him over to the Other Side.
So, take heart at that.

I'm not going to lie to you, dear soul. It'll be stressful. But somehow, when the need arises, 'you' find the inner strength to cope.

Do you have other family/relatives? Or close friends? Always helps to have someone there with you. A bit of moral support and all that.

Prayer can be very strengthening at a time like this.

You have your memories of magic moments together. Nothing can ever take those from you.

Stay strong, dear soul. God bless.
Great Post I agree with you totally
Old 11-04-2016, 09:39 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMist
I'm sorry for not posting for a while, I had to bury my Dads ashes yesterday and I think it has started to hit me full on, that he's gone. I know he's still with me in spirit but I'm missing him terribly and am totally broken inside. I love my Dad so much and I miss him so much.

I feel this black hole and pain in my heart and soul that is like nothing I have ever felt before. My life just doesn't make any sense without my Dad.

I feel so low, I want to be with him, I want to hear his voice and know that he's there. I can't, so I've booked a counselling appointment, as I have to get help now.

I would concur about Michael Newton's book.

What popped out for me on your post is your line "I know he's still with me in spirit."

And this is really what we all have to understand. It's not a death. It's a transition. And it is natural. You will, in time, get affirmations that your Dad is still there. That will come when you are calmer in your mind. It's still early days for you. Ironically, when you are in an upset state, it will be hard for them to make contact.

I have probably written earlier, my husband passed over 7 months ago. It's tough. But at some point, you recover a bit. And at that point, for me, I started to "hear" him. Now other things happen. Thinking of him the other day and a table lamp mysteriously moved, almost falling off the table it was on. You will get signs, and these will help you.

Take your counselling. All help is good. But remember that everyone is different. You will recover from it and then you will have the knowledge to help others going through this.

Take care and big cyberhugs to you
Old 11-04-2016, 02:24 PM
Master

Yellow
Sending healing prayers
Old 11-04-2016, 02:25 PM
Master

Sending healing prayers to Purple mist
Old 11-04-2016, 09:17 PM
Pathfinder
Thank you Yellow, your words are very kind and wise, thank you. I'm sorry for your loss too, it must have been hard for you, I'm sending Love and Light your way.
Thank you moonincancer too, it helps that others are there and I appreciate every reply. (Ps I'm a Cancer too)

Xxx
Old 12-04-2016, 12:41 AM
Guide
My mom passed away from terminal cancer (e.g. lung) on June 7th. Nine months before that, my dad passed due to a stroke linked to advanced Alzheimer's Disease. Trust me when I say that I know what you're going through and that if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask.

But I've got to say, that I'm one of the lucky ones since I dreamt of my mom a few months after her passing and in the dream she was so happy that she was cancer free. She was healthy and glowing and it felt like she was right there. It really put me to peace.
Old 12-04-2016, 12:58 AM
Super Moderator
What a lovely experience you had with your mother, immortal coil. That is the experience I have had with loved ones too. I honestly think they are trying to show us their true state now, and to bring us comfort.
Old 04-05-2016, 10:10 PM
Pathfinder
I just want to be with my Dad. I can't be strong anymore.