Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 27-11-2016, 03:57 AM
Pathfinder
Smile Positive Attitude

What are some good affirmations to declare over your life when you run into yourself complaining? I really want to have a better attitude about things in general, and be more careful with my words. Sometimes though, I catch myself saying something negative, or getting easily frustrated with the "little things" in life, such as losing my cellphone or the internet running super slow. These things are easy to get annoyed with but not worth losing my cool over. Instead of automatically being negative about it, I'd like to change this behavior. Any suggestions for good affirmations? thanks!
Old 27-11-2016, 10:41 AM
Lorelyen

I think we all occasionally run into moments of negativity - can't be helped because often we're beholden to other people in our lives whose decisions may set us at a disadvantage, temporarily one hopes! Same with losing things. So it's often just a reaction which can usually be dispelled. Sometimes not. If you lose your job you're entitled to feel a bit negative but you override it with positive affirmation: you will find a new, satisfying job, etc.

I think you've already come up with a good affirmation: your attitude grows more positive by the day. Say it to yourself; say it out aloud in front of a mirror - and always smile (inwardly when you affirm inwardly) and in the mirror when affirming before one.

About words. You could create an affirmation specifically about your eloquence or improving your vocab - or cutting out swearing or whatever you want to change. It may not be necessary if a general affirmation about improved / positive attitude works.

Have a look through a few threads - you're sure to come up with your own ideas when you see what others are up to.

My suggestion is always look to the future - never the past. It must be about "things getting better every day," not "I'm moving away from some (past condition)" as that takes you back into what you want to lose.

And give it time. Results won't come over night. You may have to go on indefinitely, you may achieve a lot in a week...depends what you're aiming to do. Repeat it often. Make a note to affirm at the very least when you wake up in the morning and last thing at night, but you really need to do it often. At elevenses, lunch-time, tea time, when you pass a mirror etc.

Visualisation is important too. Given a few meditative moments - times when, like, you might daydream, see yourself in situations that yield a positive outcome. Smile a lot in your vision. If it lands on something contentious, see yourself willing to sort the problem out.

Keep us in touch with progress.

Bests...
Old 27-11-2016, 04:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebluefaerie
What are some good affirmations to declare over your life when you run into yourself complaining? I really want to have a better attitude about things in general, and be more careful with my words. Sometimes though, I catch myself saying something negative, or getting easily frustrated with the "little things" in life, such as losing my cellphone or the internet running super slow. These things are easy to get annoyed with but not worth losing my cool over. Instead of automatically being negative about it, I'd like to change this behavior. Any suggestions for good affirmations? thanks!

Hello,

You are already doing the most important thing. You are mindful of your thinking.

I sense a good affirmation for you would be "I bless the 'big things' in my life. You shift the focus from frustrating little things to the big picture you are creating for yourself.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 28-11-2016, 02:12 PM
Deactivated Account

It's not out of the ordinary to hit some bad days, we all get them and that is okay. Remember, when you find yourself feeling 'off' just remind yourself; " I am right where I need to be". It is true, trust everything happens in Divine order exactly as it should.

Old 01-12-2016, 06:55 AM
Pathfinder
This was all very helpful advice. Thank you everyone.
Old 11-01-2017, 06:13 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
You are already doing the most important thing. You are mindful of your thinking.

Perfect!
From there, breath in & out for 10 seconds for calmness, then you can use some positive words or affirmations about youself &/or to forgive yourself ...
Another is to remember we carry stress we're unaware of, so blowing off steam you're able to easily recover from helps reduce it ...
The most important thing is to not recriminate yourself for it ...
It just makes it worse ...
Maintaining a positive attitude 24/7 is not easy when life happens ...
Take care ...
Old 01-12-2016, 02:41 PM
Newbie ;)

Hi Icebluefarie,

Ever since I read The Surrender Experiment, from Michael A. Singer, I have a new affirmation that I say whenever things aren't going the way I want:
LIFE KNOWS

In the first chapter he talks about that universe is 13.8 billion years old and that every star, every planet, every piece of nature, every animal is in perfect alignment with life, but somehow humans showed up about 200,000 years ago and ever since we have been trying to make things go our way. The result is unnecessary suffering. What if we accept that there is an intelligence which knows much more than we, and we should just surrender to it. Therefor "Life Knows" and it has helped me a lot to stop fighting whatever happens in my life. Who knows to what this at first seemingly bad situation might lead to? :)

Nix
Old 02-12-2016, 02:14 PM
Knower

Dear Icebluefaerie

Good thinking, high vibration always helps even in the worst moments since good spirits will help giving us support to face our trials and and atonements, even not solving our problems in the way we would like to.

Our lifes seems to be random events with no sense, but is quite the opposite. For every sucess or failure, for happy or unhappy event, anything that happens to us is not random! Some say that "life knows". We have our free will but our goal is fixed, we have a target and we will reach eventually. It is fate! Difference is some can reach earlier than others, but all will reach same destination: perfection! Not now but in thousands year, countless lives, coming and going through life experiencies, polishing our souls litle by litle, with learned lessons in the way. Bitter lessons most of them. So what is aparently a disgrace it is your bitter medicine you are taking! Happy those who understand and accept these lesson since they will not need to pass through it again!

Having a good and positive thinking is definetely a great help since those spirits will reach us easier, in contrary only ignorant (I will not say bad ) spirits will surround us and will make the situation worst!

The best affirmation is to pray, not a formal and not memorized one, a simple, honest pray from heart! Remember the good spirits will come to you and help you, but they will not solve your problem, since most of the time you are taking your soul medicine! But they will help pass through it!

Good pray!
Old 18-12-2016, 05:19 PM
Seeker

It's so normal for us humans to bash ourselves when we feel down... we actually feel like the Universe is against us.

I think you have to learn to let go of those emotions, which is really hard in that moment... a great affirmation for this, could be:

It's not my fault, I accept myself. I forgive and love myself. I'm worthy of love.
Old 11-01-2017, 03:13 PM
boshy b. good

we got good and we got better roofs, that's whats up, we idea that's whats up

pop jesus, get everything that happen to us & with us make all our ego feel greatest & best & thats what we deserve, forever, amen