Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 09-08-2011, 09:58 AM
Greybeard

Sorry numeruno....the Second House is death in hindu astrology....the Eigth is in fact "longevity".
Old 09-08-2011, 10:03 AM
Greybeard

Ruler of Second is "death maraka".
http://www.astrojyoti.com/lesson4.htm The Second house called Dhana sthana, represents your wealth, speech, family, face, right eye, mouth and the food you eat and charity and death....."
Old 09-08-2011, 10:09 AM
Greybeard

The Second and Seventh are the principal houses of Death in Hindu astrology numerouno. The Eighth can also be involved in death, I agree, but primarily for the very same reason I gave from the Centiloquy of Hermes, which was a book originally published in England in 1657. The house opposite any house often carries the meaning of the first, by "resonance".
Old 09-08-2011, 10:10 AM
Greybeard

And between the Second and Seventh, the Second is generally given more weight.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:15 AM
Greybeard

typo.....maraka should be karaka.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:16 AM
Greybeard

**Centiloquy was published in 1676
Old 09-08-2011, 10:20 AM
Greybeard

And don't know whether you are aware of it...but in western astrology the Seventh is also a house of Death. Do you know why?
Old 09-08-2011, 06:20 PM
Sentientno1

Thanks for the response Grey...because of the nature of your posts i would consider you anything but a 'sloppy' astrologer. your language is precise and to the point.
Maybe you will forgive me if i say i also see Pluto as regeneration, of course that depends on placement and aspect.

Other thing i noted in one of your posts is you use the moon eclipse nearst to the birth date, is this prior or post birth? i was taught prior to birth moon eclipse was an indicater of the strength the person would be equipped with to handle the challanges of the chart itself. The further away from the birth the better in this respect. Which ever planet was the first to pass over this eclipse point indicated HOW the matters would be handled. Prior or post birth you are the only person i know outside of my learning that's used moon eclipse in a natal chart. If i said i was delighted it might be interpreted as condecending : (

i don't do charts anymore, and am as rusty as an old hinge, but feel honored by your offer thank you.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:17 PM
Moggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybeard
Note: Pluto is not the lord of the Second in my chart, or of the Eighth. But he is physically in the Second and right on the cusp (and opposed to a planet in the Eighth). Pluto is a killer by nature as well.

Because you take astrology seriously and have knowledge of its workings, if you would like I will give you my birth data in private and you can work it out, with or without my guidance. That way you can see how the evidence accumulates, and leads the astrologer to accurately predict such things.

Greybeard, if you do not mind, I would like to look at your chart in an effort to glean any astro information I may not know, as to my own death, as my focus has not been on natal astrology for many years.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:51 AM
Greybeard

Sentient, that is the Pre-natal eclipse nearest birth.

I would say that the natal chart itself, without consideration of eclipses surrounding the birth (I am not suggesting they should not be considered) shows the "strength" of the person with regard to life challenges. As my aunt used to tell me so often, "God don't give you no burden you can't bear." The challenges shown in a birth chart carry the tools to deal with them as well. They are one and the same thing.