Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology > Astronomy

Old 17-04-2012, 09:23 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealtwist
Interesting...I am sure there will be more discoveries of the same nature. I like that reference juanita:)

thank you tealtwist... I did read that we only exist in the eye of the beholder--that whatever we are looking at/perceiving is only there while we are looking at it.....wierd but probably true scientifically -- physics is coming up with more discoveries all the time, but what does that change? Nada.....for me the "why" is not really important, just what is...... I don't understand why I can hear my dogs barking if I am not looking at them at the time and therefore they are supposedly not there......its the same with stubbing your toe I guess......I am willing to accept this temporary reality for what it is, or whatever it is.. :-)
Old 17-04-2012, 09:30 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaRayne
Sorry if this has been posted before, but I did a search and didn't find anything. I can't post the URL since I'm a newbie, but basically it seems as though a physicist found the same error-correcting code that is found in computers is also found in the smallest bits of information in all particles in the universe. Or something to that effect anyway. It could just be coincidence, but it seems to support the same conclusion that the ancients knew thousands of years ago. Reality is an illusion. What do you all think?

that really isn't NEW news.
Old 17-04-2012, 11:00 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
that really isn't NEW news.
I know, I just wanted to hear a few people's opinions on it.
Old 17-04-2012, 11:07 PM
Gracey

Quote:
I know, I just wanted to hear a few people's opinions on it.

o okay, I really dont have any, save it is logical.
Old 17-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
thank you tealtwist... I did read that we only exist in the eye of the beholder--that whatever we are looking at/perceiving is only there while we are looking at it.....wierd but probably true scientifically -- physics is coming up with more discoveries all the time, but what does that change? Nada.....for me the "why" is not really important, just what is...... I don't understand why I can hear my dogs barking if I am not looking at them at the time and therefore they are supposedly not there......its the same with stubbing your toe I guess......I am willing to accept this temporary reality for what it is, or whatever it is.. :-)
I think you might be talking about the wave-particle duality. Basically it states that matter and energy show characteristics of being both waves and particles. Only upon observation do the waves act as particles. It's interesting stuff. It seems to indicate to me that the whole universe is actually just energy that our brain interprets a certain way. Could be wrong, but it's fun to think about.
Old 18-04-2012, 10:40 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
I think you might be talking about the wave-particle duality. Basically it states that matter and energy show characteristics of being both waves and particles. Only upon observation do the waves act as particles. It's interesting stuff. It seems to indicate to me that the whole universe is actually just energy that our brain interprets a certain way. Could be wrong, but it's fun to think about.

I beleive that you might be right.....that everything in the universe is energy vibrating at different levels.........
Old 01-05-2012, 10:59 AM
CTM

I've heard on different forums that certain people believe this world to be an advanced computer program. I don't know enough about this theory to really give you anybinfo but i agree that this is definitely something interesting to think about.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:10 PM
Ascender
Quote:
From what I understand of it, hidden in superstring theory equations at the most fundamental level of the universe there are the exact same equations that operate computers. I couldn't begin to try to tell you what those equations are, the physicist calls them "self-dual error-correcting block codes." There's a video of it on youtube that will give a better explanation of it then I can.

Thank you so much for sharing this! It affirms my belief that the death of our brain is not the death of our memory. Once without the brain, growth is harder for spirit. As it requires a medium to allow the use of thier mind for the spirits benefit. Creating the memory they can use on thier behalf.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:46 PM
hawkmoth65

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTM
I've heard on different forums that certain people believe this world to be an advanced computer program. I don't know enough about this theory to really give you anybinfo but i agree that this is definitely something interesting to think about.
I was actually thinking about this today as my daughter had popped into a shop and I waited in the car.

What if the people and shops I was looking at were just 'virtual reality',that I was just one pawn in a bizarre computer game.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:54 AM
CTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkmoth65
I was actually thinking about this today as my daughter had popped into a shop and I waited in the car.

What if the people and shops I was looking at were just 'virtual reality',that I was just one pawn in a bizarre computer game.

who knows..maybe when we die its "game over" and real life begins.