Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 23-11-2013, 03:13 PM
BeautifulUniverse

Is there such a thing?

In my very young childhood, I was introduced to a very orthodox Christian faith, that I have aince learned is not very inclusive and is actually very exclusive( no one but those who live that faith will enter into the gates of Heaven)... Ugh. Anyway after many years away from the church and moving to a much more inclusive religion, I have had an amazing spiritual awakening! I had a terrible but enlightening year last year. I lost 5 loved ones in 2 months, had an enormous job change, and was enlightened to some pretty spiritual gifts. I have learned so much about myself, Spirit, how we all interact, unconditional love, etc. I know that religion I was raised to believe is just not the way. However I still hold to some of the religious teachings and have decided to consider my faith a Christian Spiritualist with an emphasis on Spiritualist.

Any others "define" themselves in this manner? I use "define" very loosely!
Old 23-11-2013, 05:44 PM
Master

I wouldn't attach any particular label to myself but I can relate to all of that.

Are you British? There is a strong Christian Spiritualist movement in the UK.
The publications Psychic News and Two Worlds are both excellent and I'm sure would be of help and interest to you.
The White Eagle Lodge might be of interest also. The gentle, loving message of White Eagle resonates with many people around the world.

I'm sorry to hear about your bad year...Though as you've found, it is the hardest lessons in life that provide the greatest opportunity for soul growth.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 23-11-2013, 07:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulUniverse
In my very young childhood, I was introduced to a very orthodox Christian faith, that I have aince learned is not very inclusive and is actually very exclusive( no one but those who live that faith will enter into the gates of Heaven)... Ugh. Anyway after many years away from the church and moving to a much more inclusive religion, I have had an amazing spiritual awakening! I had a terrible but enlightening year last year. I lost 5 loved ones in 2 months, had an enormous job change, and was enlightened to some pretty spiritual gifts. I have learned so much about myself, Spirit, how we all interact, unconditional love, etc. I know that religion I was raised to believe is just not the way. However I still hold to some of the religious teachings and have decided to consider my faith a Christian Spiritualist with an emphasis on Spiritualist.

Not me but you might find Mystic Christian stuff or Gnosticism interesting and appealing .
Old 23-11-2013, 07:41 PM
Master

BeautifulUniverse - I too held to a very strict Christian understanding. There is much richness and beauty to be found in it, and indeed such understanding works for many people.

I find now that things are constantly evolving and I can't adhere personally to any definition or structure, although I think that phase is moving to a more structured phase.

Last year was certainly a year of challenge and awakening, allow yourself to carry on awakening.
Old 23-11-2013, 08:58 PM
Pathfinder

I like to attend my local Unity church from time to time. It's nondualistic Christian and Bible based, but in a more "'the third Jesus "kind of way. Unity is very inclusive - you're likely to see Buddhist books in their library and meditation and affirmations are part of the Sunday service. I learned of affirmative prayer through their Daily Word website.
Old 24-11-2013, 06:21 PM
BeautifulUniverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
I wouldn't attach any particular label to myself but I can relate to all of that.

Are you British? There is a strong Christian Spiritualist movement in the UK.
The publications Psychic News and Two Worlds are both excellent and I'm sure would be of help and interest to you.
The White Eagle Lodge might be of interest also. The gentle, loving message of White Eagle resonates with many people around the world.

I'm sorry to hear about your bad year...Though as you've found, it is the hardest lessons in life that provide the greatest opportunity for soul growth.

Hello! No I'm not British, although I think I may look up some of those references on the net! Thank you. I truly have experienced growth!
Old 24-11-2013, 06:28 PM
BeautifulUniverse

Dar, I'll look into it, thank you!

Belle, I agree, I relate this growth to my background, and I'm glad I have it as a foundation, although I have learned that there is so much more than the small box we try to fit everything into on earth.

Joy111, I attend a non denominational church that I find welcoming and affirming to all backgrounds and faith beliefs. The minister frequently talks about spiritualists and how people are in many different aspects of their faith journeys. I love my church and find solace in Spirit there. MCC also does not put gender on Spirit which I firmly believe.
Old 25-11-2013, 03:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulUniverse
However I still hold to some of the religious teachings and have decided to consider my faith a Christian Spiritualist with an emphasis on Spiritualist.

I takes a while to get it all sorted out. My Awakening came while participating in a Christian Church also, even sang in the Choir! My religion however never prepared me for what actual awakening was however, so I thought maybe i was loosing my mind at the same time as the Laws of Physics were breaking down. lol
Happily my Pastor saw aura's and saw something pretty serious had happened to me and come to my home, after a conversation in which I told her only a tiny bit of what happened she explained to me that what had happened to me was what happened to the Christian Mystics and basically I'd just graduated religion and it had taken me as far as it could, I was one of the Mystics now and would find my own way as I had direct access now to Creator/Source/God. She added she would understand if she never saw me in church again.
So I guess Christianity is my Alma Mader.

Christian Spiritualist, Christian Mystic, Mystic, meh...the name won't change anything, nor the work that I do....however saying I'm a Christian is very comforting for some others and since Love and all ways it is expressed is of utmost importance and is the root of what I am, if it makes the person comfortable then I use it...it's not about me anymore. It's about everyone else.
Old 25-11-2013, 01:14 PM
BeautifulUniverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
I takes a while to get it all sorted out. My Awakening came while participating in a Christian Church also, even sang in the Choir! My religion however never prepared me for what actual awakening was however, so I thought maybe i was loosing my mind at the same time as the Laws of Physics were breaking down. lol
Happily my Pastor saw aura's and saw something pretty serious had happened to me and come to my home, after a conversation in which I told her only a tiny bit of what happened she explained to me that what had happened to me was what happened to the Christian Mystics and basically I'd just graduated religion and it had taken me as far as it could, I was one of the Mystics now and would find my own way as I had direct access now to Creator/Source/God. She added she would understand if she never saw me in church again.
So I guess Christianity is my Alma Mader.

Christian Spiritualist, Christian Mystic, Mystic, meh...the name won't change anything, nor the work that I do....however saying I'm a Christian is very comforting for some others and since Love and all ways it is expressed is of utmost importance and is the root of what I am, if it makes the person comfortable then I use it...it's not about me anymore. It's about everyone else.

Thank you for sharing. I often feel like I've lost my mind. I know things others don't, I still go to church because of the people and I love my church. I get more spiritual growth from the music now because I have a deeper understanding now. But I've heard Spirits voice, I've felt angels, and I have been told too that my aura is different by my spiritual teacher. I don't see auras, I a clairsentient and let me tell you, since my awakening, this has strengthened, immensely!

Thank you for your insight, it is very helpful. I guess maybe I'm just holding on to the old for egos sake. Be patient, I'm new at this! Lol
Old 25-11-2013, 01:32 PM
Master

No idea what to define myself as any longer. I was bapticized into the Lutheran state church at the age of 3 months and consider it done without my conscious approval. Intil the age of 43 years I considered myself atheist. Then I had a lot of spiritual experiences and now I am aware of many vast worlds stretching out beyond the physical one. But there is a difference in believing in the existence of something spiritual, and believing that that spiritual element gives a damn about me or any of us other ants in this hive we call Earth. I believe they feel it necessary to police and restrict us, and to hunt us down and punish us if we somehow manage to break their rules. There may be beneficial individuals up there, but their allegiance goes upwards and not down toward us. In the end, the shepherd does take part in not only the shearing but also the culling of the herd, no matter how many wolves they keep away from us sheep.

This sheep only dreams of one thing. To escape.