Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 10-11-2013, 11:04 PM
Master

Attracting 'broken' people

Hello again :)

I was wondering if anyone has started to attract more people to them since awakening and/or developing greater spiritual awareness.
Not just kindred spirits, soul connections but also people who seem to be in desperate need of healing.
I hate to call people "broken" maybe just people who have forgotten their wholeness.
My second question is do you worry that these people will develop an unhealthy attachment to you?
And if so how can I/we still approach these people with love and a acceptance without unhealthy attachments occurring?
Thank you for your time :)
Old 10-11-2013, 11:30 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers
Hello again :)

I was wondering if anyone has started to attract more people to them since awakening and/or developing greater spiritual awareness.
Not just kindred spirits, soul connections but also people who seem to be in desperate need of healing.
I hate to call people "broken" maybe just people who have forgotten their wholeness.
My second question is do you worry that these people will develop an unhealthy attachment to you?
And if so how can I/we still approach these people with love and a acceptance without unhealthy attachments occurring?
Thank you for your time :)

yes..

Having cleared my attachment issues within me, I dont see it as an issue.

Like the breath, it flows in it flows out...

If you feel someone attaching to you and you feel something in you around this, then the feeling is what opens it to flow in you. You respond from your centre in the knowing of how to manage it...somteimes it requries boundaries, sometimes it requires you to let go..each situation is unique to what the attachment brings and how your respond.

If you have fears around this, often the fear is what will bring it to you to see your own fears and attachment issues.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:58 PM
Master
Yeah, that has been a big feature here and there in my life -- but it's just become yet another unique feature in my life -- it comes and it goes just like everything else.

I'm finding that the more mature and 'stronger' I get, the more I'm able to spot opportunities to give and receive affection, caring and love, plus a chance to practice wisdom, which sometimes includes the need to say no to people.

Old 11-11-2013, 01:07 AM
Master

Yeah I married an unhealthy attachment, not only did he have psychological issues, he sucked all my positive energy, for some reason he did not want to see a smile on my face and made sure I didn't have one, I felt spiritually drained, my energy depleted and it all had physical effects which need me up in hospitals and surgeries.
How did I get into it? It started out simple, he held back all of this till after pregnancy, I could instinctually feel he had inner pain and silly me the nurse part of me felt I could help him, basically I felt sorry for him.
My message?
DONT DO IT!
Stay away, just be friends or nothing at all. At the end I got damaged in every possible way! Keep positive people close and problematic at a distance. Not saying not to help anyone but be very careful,
Sometimes if you try to save a drowning person, if you really don't know how to,they can take you down with them.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:46 AM
Guide

sometimes broken people can cause great damage to other people...but sometimes, being a broken person can be beautiful. if the broken persons heart is in the right place....
Old 11-11-2013, 08:41 AM
Master

I'll be the first to say no. I haven't noticed any difference since awakening. I don't attract different people now. What I do notice is that the behavior of the people around me is changing. The people that have been around me since before my awakening are awakening too! It's been really interesting to see.

Hmm, people I don't know seem friendlier so that may be a change in attraction. Like people I meet in the grocery store etc seem happier and friendlier.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:02 AM
livingkarma

Nope!
I attracted alot of broken people when I was much younger ...
Whew! I'm thrilled that learning experience has ended ...
It did, however, prepare me for the ugly task I'm currently involved with ...
Take careful yourself while helping, learn who actually need your help & if you are able to provide it ...
Light on your journey ...
Old 11-11-2013, 11:29 AM
simcau

I would think that all people are 'broken' in one way or another, but that some would be more apparent than others, and/or more likely for their problems to spill over to become other people's problems.

Perhaps it's not so much that a new type of people are being attracted as it is that as we become more aware of ourselves and begin to tackle our own obstacles, we begin to recognize the emotional/spiritual/psychological struggles that others are going through?
Old 11-11-2013, 01:11 PM
Knower

It seems I come into contact with a wide variety of people, those who are very hungry for all kinds of things and those who are hungry to provide benefit. It does remind me of inner parts of myself in as much as I reflect on it and thus compassion is always a rule.

It is easier as I am older to feel more connected to my motherly role to remain clear about what might actually be best for particular people and to remember when I am starting to feel sucked into a drama to pray and trust in the assistence of a higher power. A mother doesnt give her children whatever they want but certainly what is needed. The only way to make the distinction is to be in constant connection to the upper will as much as faith alows.

Sometimes a prayer is all that is required. Other times there is a simple act of letting go of something for another who needs it. It could be as easy as 10 minutes to an hour of listening and hearing. It could be as much as letting someone crash in a spare room for a time. I don't know but I always look for the guidance of correct response to peoples need. If you have a good relationship with spirit then there is no need to worry about the dangers of becoming involved, and on the contrary one is found to be ever more liberated.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:33 PM
Master

When I see myself as having something others need, I attract people who want others to give them something. That can be a problem. The truth is I'm full of it and out of my dysfunction I attract other dysfunctional people and create more dysfunction. It all starts with the assumption that I have something others need. which is really just delusion and pride. When I let it all go, then something healthy happens.