Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 30-01-2020, 12:06 PM
Seeker
Our understanding = mileage may vary...

Depending on where you are in your journey, your perception will differ and certainly change based on you & your awakening.

I firmly believe we are here to learn some element we need to ascend further into whatever 'it' is (mine is patience). When we die, we camp out in 'it' & recuperate only to take another 'learning' semester in the 3d world (with a body, no knowledge of our past and a goal to learn something specific).

I wish I knew who originally wrote this but a story clearly outlining one idea is a story called The Egg. I'll edit when I can post URLs...
It blew my mind... (some would say not that hard to do, but onto what's next!)
Namaste.
Old 30-01-2020, 06:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodhiCris
Depending on where you are in your journey, your perception will differ and certainly change based on you & your awakening.

I firmly believe we are here to learn some element we need to ascend further into whatever 'it' is (mine is patience). When we die, we camp out in 'it' & recuperate only to take another 'learning' semester in the 3d world (with a body, no knowledge of our past and a goal to learn something specific).

I wish I knew who originally wrote this but a story clearly outlining one idea is a story called The Egg. I'll edit when I can post URLs...
It blew my mind... (some would say not that hard to do, but onto what's next!)
Namaste.

A quick search shows that The Egg was written by Andy Weir. It can be read at http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html

An interesting idea, but philosophically questionable.

Peace
Old 31-01-2020, 11:36 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
A quick search shows that The Egg was written by Andy Weir.
Peace
My thanks; why this wasn't successful in past searches IDK...

I adore philosophically questionable concepts; the more I explore and stretch what 'could' be, I personally "believe" fewer things with certainty. Concomitantly increasing the spectrum of what I 'see/perceive' is a BOGO bargain I'll never consciously pass up.
Old 31-01-2020, 06:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamespearson886
i have red up on so many differnt spiritual beliefs and i like the thought of being reincarnated but after reading everything i have it seems to me that after life talk is there to comfort man letting him believe we will live for ever so its there so death doesnt scare us. anyone else have any thoughts

I don't believe ''fear of death'' is the prime motivator, but mystical experiences. Some of these will be genuine and others will not, as we do have a great capacity for imagination and drawing false conclusions. Navigating which ones of these are and which ones aren't true is difficult but more rewarding than either fixed materialism or fixed religious beliefs.

I find reincarnation a frightening thought. There's a greater chance to have a c r a p life than an overall good life, it seems. Another member, Busby, also explored this in a thread. Nature is pretty nice to be absorbed in though, but human existence, while it has many cool bits, is also worrisome enough to make reincarnation a scary thing.
Old 01-02-2020, 08:31 PM
Newbie ;)

No one really knows what happens when the body expires. Nobody has returned from the other side to report except in stories. Humans being the arrogant creatures that they are cannot accept this so they made up stories (i.e. Bible) to explain the great mystery. Nothing can be known. Maybe there is an afterlife maybe not. What is consciousness? Just another concept. Searching for the truth can be scary. Much easier to believe in stories and myths about our great reward in the great beyond. Be in the now. Be present . That is all you can do. The answers will be revealed eventually. Hopefully.
Old 01-02-2020, 08:37 PM
Newbie ;)

Reincarnation is a concept. Karma is a concept. All stories. For YOU to come back means that there is a YOU to start with. There is no you. Yep, just another concept. The person you think you are was manufactured. Were you a person when you were born? You were taught to be a somebody. A concept cannot be reincarnated. The limitless one changes form. All forms are the limitless one. Perhaps there is no limitless one either. It may be just another story. Nothing known and no guarantees. Scary aint it?
Old 02-02-2020, 09:35 AM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHOAMI0123
Reincarnation is a concept. Karma is a concept. All stories. For YOU to come back means that there is a YOU to start with. There is no you. Yep, just another concept. The person you think you are was manufactured. Were you a person when you were born? You were taught to be a somebody. A concept cannot be reincarnated. The limitless one changes form. All forms are the limitless one. Perhaps there is no limitless one either. It may be just another story. Nothing known and no guarantees. Scary aint it?

I remember my birth,as described in the *My Space* section.As I was falling through blackness before I was born,I had thoughts,also just after my birth.This shows to me that I was a someone or part of something(depending on your beliefs),I was pure though,it is only life that sculpts you into being who you are.
Old 04-02-2020, 05:36 PM
Seeker
Wink

Quote:

IDK; the cases of NDE's where amazing correspondence between the former and new life are startling and indicative there is a 'soul/spirit' worthy of a personal noun. I fully recognize and am on board with the illusion of ego; even after considering that, I'm greater than the contributions of the inculcation I've received. My mother recounted I blurted out through my babble and wood-spoon drumming (at 18mos) "I think this life is going to be better than my last one". After she removed herself from the floor, and spoke with my father, they chose to keep that private until I was 25.
Once she finished telling me, I considered it, looked at her and said, "I can see that; was my pots/pan drumming any good?"

The combination of innate personality traits is explained by modern psychology/biology, but I think the soul has a greater impact than either of these on the person emerging into the world...
But that's just me...
Old 05-02-2020, 10:26 AM
Administrator
Whoami0123, have you heard of Near death experiences where people have seen the spirit world ,and come back that is no concept it is FACT.i myself have had three of them,
don't be so dismissive of peoples opinions. we are all different .and all have different views.

Namaste
Old 08-02-2020, 07:52 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
No one really knows what happens when the body expires. Nobody has returned from the other side to report except in stories. Humans being the arrogant creatures that they are cannot accept this so they made up stories (i.e. Bible) to explain the great mystery. Nothing can be known. Maybe there is an afterlife maybe not. What is consciousness? Just another concept. Searching for the truth can be scary. Much easier to believe in stories and myths about our great reward in the great beyond. Be in the now. Be present . That is all you can do. The answers will be revealed eventually. Hopefully.

You say no one really knows, but then started speculating that people are just making it up. How do you know for sure if it isn't known yet what happens when we die?

The truth isn't scary. I except that the truth because it will always force me to reexamine my beliefs and I really like that. Nothing scary at all. ;)