Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 23-06-2019, 06:42 PM
Suspended
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
When I said connect with others I didn't mean romance or sex in particular. Just in general. You're on SF to connect in some way, no?
**** not really. I got banned from the forum I main because it's a place that has the tendency to draw the worst out of me. I main that forum for... idk. Nobody there really likes me, and there is a lot of really bad and stupid people there.

I'm probably here because at the very least my most quack ideas, simply get ignored. Rather than cause me problems like some other places I know.

I don't fit in anywhere or connect with others. Aspergers IS a social disorder. But here things are "loose" enough to allow someone like me to easily co-exist here.
Old 23-06-2019, 06:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerramineLightvoid
**** not really. I got banned from the forum I main because it's a place that has the tendency to draw the worst out of me. I main that forum for... idk. Nobody there really likes me, and there is a lot of really bad and stupid people there.

I'm probably here because at the very least my most quack ideas, simply get ignored. Rather than cause me problems like some other places I know.

I don't fit in anywhere or connect with others. Aspergers IS a social disorder. But here things are "loose" enough to allow someone like me to easily co-exist here.

Surely you'd just do a blog if you didn't want connection or interaction with others.

You seem to need others on here to bounce your ideas off. Or to make comments on other peoples ideas.
Old 24-06-2019, 02:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolKat

How does anyone here deal with self-esteem issues? How do y'all stop worrying about what others think of you?

Personally I like to keep it in my mind that failure is its own teaching tool.

Many people follow the crowd because they presume that someone else has tried & tested something enough to be confident in it. The problem is that often every person is just as reliant on that presumption too. You could be in a room with 100 people all certain of something yet if they are honest they haven't actually considered all of the options or tested the methods themselves.

Its fine to have a formal persona & a relaxed persona - so there maybe things that you don't say or admit to in public that in private you feel differently about as long as you understand yourself & what guides you.

As an example - many spiritual conservatives will present God as being a headmaster authority figure. What they are missing is that by their own admissions God created everything ... including humour.
If you find comfort in you inner voice that will project itself naturally in time.

There are times when those around you will have to hear things that they don't like or agree with - if you aren't being malicious or insensitive then if someone doesn't like something that you say or do then thats for them to question why - not you.

Everyone who pretends that they have all of the answers, all of the confidence in every decision & complete control all of the time is only ignoring that inner voice because everything is far more nuanced than we like to believe & there are far more shades of grey than most people can handle.

You sound really fun & open so it really would be someone elses loss regardless.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 24-06-2019, 10:01 PM
Suspended
Pathfinder
Quote:
Surely you'd just do a blog if you didn't want connection or interaction with others.

You seem to need others on here to bounce your ideas off. Or to make comments on other peoples ideas.
It's pretty depressing that you think that is a "connection" of some sort. Interaction is interaction, connection is meaningful but interaction is just... doing a job.

I am saying I can't seek it, because it won't have me. Even if I wanted it, I couldn't have it. So I learn a different way of being than to go out of my way to get it, or to rely upon it.
Old 25-06-2019, 05:07 AM
Master
Quote:
It's pretty depressing that you think that is a "connection" of some sort. Interaction is interaction, connection is meaningful but interaction is just... doing a job.

I am saying I can't seek it, because it won't have me. Even if I wanted it, I couldn't have it. So I learn a different way of being than to go out of my way to get it, or to rely upon it.

I'm not sure what's depressing about it. Although truth can feel annoying or inconvenient to us sometimes. Doesn't mean it's not the truth though.

All of us are seeking something on here imo, it's a connection of some sort. If you want to put it as doing a job then fine, we need others to do the job though, or why else would we have made the effort and signed up to this forum.

Even if someone were a hermit in the woods, being as self sufficient as much as humanly possible, they'd still be reliant on something other than themself. They'd need the surroundings as a support for starters. Plus they'd be relying on others not to polute the air they'd breath. Where ever we're living atm. If in a city for instance, we need water, food, electricity etc. Internet! Other people are helping to provide this for us. Yes, a lot can be learnt by someone being on there own. Further development is provided by interaction with others though. Interaction is connection in some form or another. Even if for the few miniutes while posting on this forum or reading it.
Old 26-06-2019, 12:49 PM
Master
Quote:
I'm not sure what's depressing about it. Although truth can feel annoying or inconvenient to us sometimes. Doesn't mean it's not the truth though.

All of us are seeking something on here imo, it's a connection of some sort. If you want to put it as doing a job then fine, we need others to do the job though, or why else would we have made the effort and signed up to this forum.

Even if someone were a hermit in the woods, being as self sufficient as much as humanly possible, they'd still be reliant on something other than themself. They'd need the surroundings as a support for starters. Plus they'd be relying on others not to polute the air they'd breath. Where ever we're living atm. If in a city for instance, we need water, food, electricity etc. Internet! Other people are helping to provide this for us. Yes, a lot can be learnt by someone being on there own. Further development is provided by interaction with others though. Interaction is connection in some form or another. Even if for the few miniutes while posting on this forum or reading it.

The guy is telling you that he takes his comfort from the strength it takes to be alone.

Whilst you may not subscribe to it the concept allows him self confidence & the ability to carry on with his journey.

Perhaps listing why he actually still relies on others isn't the right approach here .... ?

"I am your creation.

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 26-06-2019, 01:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel
The guy is telling you that he takes his comfort from the strength it takes to be alone.

Whilst you may not subscribe to it the concept allows him self confidence & the ability to carry on with his journey.

Perhaps listing why he actually still relies on others isn't the right approach here .... ?

Good point. And if it's working for him then great. Seems unsettled and angry to me, but what do I know.
Old 26-06-2019, 01:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Good point. And if it's working for him then great. Seems unsettled and angry to me, but what do I know.

Alot probably but hes offered up his reasons.

Birds gonna fly, Fish is gonna swim & hes going to seem aloof.

Nice to see another English person on here!

"I am your creation.

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 26-06-2019, 04:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel
Alot probably but hes offered up his reasons.

Birds gonna fly, Fish is gonna swim & hes going to seem aloof.

Nice to see another English person on here!

Oh now you've gone and done it, quotes I've got an excuse to use one: No man is an island.

Nice to see you too
Old 27-06-2019, 12:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Correction. I think the most powerful feeling is when you recognize God's love for you. It will pull you out of the gutter and make you wanna fly against all doubt.

I'm not saying I don't understand the feeling of loneliness. I know it better than anyone. Maybe it's cause I'm male and have testosterone, but I just feel so much fundamentally better about myself when I affirm that I don't need anyone else but myself.

When faced with obstacles you have 2 choices. You either sink or you swim. I choose to swim and admit that it just cannot logically be impossible to be fine with being alone. I was before I ever thought of romance or sex. My passions are bigger than anyone's, but I have to face the reality that being powerful means walking a more constricted and lonely road.

Especially a Lord. A Lord is 100% active and 100% independent.
This is a very beautiful post and it stirred up stuff inside me.

Yes, God loves me SO much, I know it...but most of the time, I am too busy showing my love for Him that I don't really put myself on the receiving end of it...but I have done that quite a few times...it is scary!

I, too, am a loner. It is difficult to walk this path, but God has been there, holding my hand throughout it all..I don't know where I would be without this.