Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 05-12-2012, 08:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
Any nuummite recommended sellers or pieces on Ebay or elsewhere? It sounds a must-buy?

THe sort of pieces I like are about the size of a plum, and I prefer rough to polished.

Belle I bought my Nuumite from Crystal delights uk ~ have a google her pieces are less on her home page than on her ebay page .

Also if your in London its good to know a brilliant shop called Charlies rock shop which is at Merton Abby mills Collierswood / Wimbledon . Charlies prices are whole sale prices very reasonable. He is the best seller at the Rock and Gem shows in the Uk .

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:23 AM
Master

Oh thank you Topaz. Charlie is very much in my neck of the woods and Charlie will be visited imminently I fear. I must leave my credit cards behind when I make the trip.

And thank you for the recommendation of crystals delight - really helpful - it's good to have reliable sources of reasonably priced crystals.

Anyway moldavite #2 arrived today - it's not as perfect as I had hoped with a little chunk missing - the chunk is really tiny but i was minorly disappointed. I wonder what message is contained in this as I feel sure this little baby is chuckling to me.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:05 AM
Master
It's common for Moldavites to have small glassy chips. They have been stuck in the ground for millions of years and then someone has to dig them out by hand, so something is bound to happen to them. It's very rare is a Moldavite sold/found in absolute perfect condition. I will say this though when you buy Moldavite from Czechmoldavite.com if you are looking for a piece closer to perfect you should purchase out of the collectible category, those pieces are typically of a better quality which is why they are priced slightly more. Some of them are not of the greatest quality in there but they are just larger, rarer pieces to find so they fit in the collectible category. Things could of been worse trust me I just spent 116 Euros on a piece of Moldavite under the pre-tense it was brown and not green. I get it and what it is? Deep olive green, at best a slightly brownish green. Real brown Moldavite does exist, so it really angers me. But I decided not to return it because I would of ended up losing 30 euros for the original shipping and then to ship it back. Plus it's a piece of Moravian Moldavite and a Muong Nong sub-type which means it's a layered tektite. So it's something I don't have already but the only reason I was buying it was because I was told it was brown. So yea it's kind of angering.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:20 AM
Master

You're absolutely right Astral Explorer and when I look back at the ebay pictures, it is all as it says it is.

I'm not clear with myself why I'm getting het up about it at all.

It's clear it's started speaking to me.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:53 AM
Master
Belle a lot of the people who say their Moldavite is undamaged you can clearly see it's damaged. I find it comical honestly. I am sure you have seen OldMinerals and his Moldavite, he sells some of the biggest pieces on eBay without a doubt. But every single one of his Moldavite he claims is undamaged and every single one I have seen has some damage, it's nearly impossible to find a large piece without at minimal a small glassy chip. If anything he means since he has gained posession of the Moldavite it hasn't had anymore damage, anymore being the keyword in that sentence. The worse part is all of his Moldavite he overprices by at minimal 25% I have seen some overpriced by over 100% that way when people make an offer on it and think they are getting a good deal he still is making more than he should be. His Besednice Moldavite which is the rarest and most expensive Moldavite around he says "100% no damage" and things like that but almost every single spiky spine is broken on the pieces. It's almost comical to me honestly, because like every spine on the pieces is broken. It's the opposite of no damage. The reason they are like that is the "hedgehog" Moldavite mine in Jezkovna has been shut down for 13 years now. They went back in there a few years ago with heavy machinery and tried a re-mine and so as you can imagine everything they got has broken spines from the machinery. It has to be done by hand or not at all. A Jezkovna hedgehog with no spines broken and no damage at all can go for over 100$ a gram. So that should tell you the real value of the stuff, it's incredibly expensive if not in **** condition like his stuff is. The sad part is he has one of the best supplies of the stuff online because it's just that hard to find now and finding a non-damaged piece that was dug out by hand 13 years ago is incredibly rare and hard to come by.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Neville

Hello Astral Explorer,

Quote:
maybe it needs to be cleansed

That's the ticket.. All dark stones absorb negativity and fill up with it, reducing it's ability to absorb further negativity.(so I am given to understand) so a good old wash in natural water and a natural dry in sun or Moon should have it feeling much more zingy. Some folks bury theirs in the earth for 24 hours to allow the absorbed negativity to seep out.

Mine responds quiet adequately to the bath and as there's no sea near by , I put some Sea salt in the water.

Some of the Witches I have come across keep a black pebble or rock to absorb negativity, and when that is full up, they throw it away and find a new black stone.

An a slightly different note. faith has a lot to do with the metaphysical properties attributed to a given crystal. In effect suggesting that in order for the crystal to do what it is widely thought to do. A certain belief that this is the case is also required.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:10 PM
Likes2Read

One other way that I recently used to cleanse a stone is via sound. I got a chime from an oddities shop years ago. I suspected that it was made for meditation purposes, as if you strike it one time, its very clear tone continues for a lot longer that one might expect. So I figured that it was a tool to help a person center and focus. My instinct was on target, as in looking up the chime online years later, I found something called Zenergy chimes that look just like it.

Anyway, people here recently discussed cleansing stones with things like singing bowls, and this jogged my memory of having that chime. So when I needed to get some really nasty depression-related energy off the pendant I wear daily, I thought, "What the heck? Let's use sound while having a clear intention of washing away that unwanted energy." Sure enough, that got the job done quite nicely. It takes some conscious focus and intent to do things that way, but so do all of our goals in life.

I'm a big proponent of finding ways to cleanse stones that's not harmful to the stones. Some stones would be harmed by water (selenite will dissolve) or salt, some fade in sunlight. I have a dreadful smoke allergy, so incense isn't a viable option for me.

Another particular favorite cleansing method is something I learned from one of Uma Silbey's books: using breath as an intention carrier. This is another good choice, as we can't hurt the stones with air, and there is always an unlimited, free supply of it. (If we haven't got any breath, we're in a health situation that most likely is beyond the stones' ability to help. ) Hold the stone between thumb and forefinger. Blow "through" it, front to back, letting the breath carry the intention of cleansing the stone. Rotate it so its left-to-right axis is now facing you front-to back. Repeat. Rotate it so that the top-to-bottom axis is facing you. Repeat. You have now used breath to cleanse the stone from all three directions: length, width, and height.

We can use these methods to drive out any negative accumulations of energy, without washing away all the good and positive energies that the stone bears. It all involves forming a clear intent while we are doing what we're doing.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:02 AM
Master
Czechmoldavite.com added new big pieces of Moldavite! There are some beauties from all different localities other than the normal Chlum. I am going to buy some next week I am hoping he will make the ones I want reserved until then!
Old 06-12-2012, 09:18 AM
Master

I love the idea of clearing with music or sound.

I have some new wind chimes and a bell which I love - and I've been thinking for a long time about getting a singing bowl - but I think that's not for the now.

Astral Explorer: I wish you happy shopping and joy with your new pieces. The right ones will come your way.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:06 PM
Master
I am going to be ordering another big guy in the 30 gram region I think. This one if from Krasejovka though and not Chlum like my other 30+ grammer is. I hope he responds to me soon so I can get the ones I want reserved though. I am now buying Moldavite from all different localities. Ideally I would like at least one piece from each locality so I can show the huge variations in the way Moldavite looks!