Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 25-11-2011, 08:10 PM
writeincolour

Stuck in a sad place to live - help me!

Hi there!

I joined this forum for help with this issue I am stuck with.

I live in a somewhat dull, but convenient enough suburb in NW London. Not a rough area, middling wealthiness but it's so sad! I am stuck here for at least 6 months.

Can someone help explain why myself and many others feel sad in here? MANY people I have talked to feel a shadow cast when they go through the place/have been relieved to move away/actively avoid the place/even experience depressive symptoms and draining of positive energy and motivation whilst living here.

I am fighting the last set of symptoms a I am extremely sensitive to residual/emotional energies. When I leave this negativity lifts! As if walking out of a cloud.

What can I do to protect myself from the negative effects and enjoy my life without dragging my feet or becoming depressed while I'm stuck here!!!?

And why are some people immune to any effect at all?

help greatly appreciated. hope this is the right section to post!
many thanks
Old 25-11-2011, 08:24 PM
Golden28

Quote:
Originally Posted by writeincolour
Hi there!

I live in a somewhat dull, but convenient enough suburb in NW London. Not a rough area, middling wealthiness but it's so sad! I am stuck here for at least 6 months.

Can someone help explain why myself and many others feel sad in here? MANY people I have talked to feel a shadow cast when they go through the place/have been relieved to move away/actively avoid the place/even experience depressive symptoms and draining of positive energy and motivation whilst living here.

I am fighting the last set of symptoms a I am extremely sensitive to residual/emotional energies. When I leave this negativity lifts! As if walking out of a cloud.

What can I do to protect myself from the negative effects and enjoy my life without dragging my feet or becoming depressed while I'm stuck here!!!?

many thanks

First of all where abouts in north west london are you? i recently moved from south east (chingford) which turned into a complete hell hole, < to put it simply.. Im now in finchingfield away from london (thank god) and im fealing alot better.
Old 25-11-2011, 08:45 PM
Juanita

It sounds like there is a lot of negative energy where you are at now.....I would try to just not let this negative energy affect you ---try to meditate to elevate your vibration and just think positive---surround yourself with happy music, watch upbeat shows and movies, etc....you are there for a reason so make the most of it.....
Old 26-11-2011, 01:26 AM
BlackWolf

Use white sage to cleanse the area. It helps so much with negativity! PM me and I will tell you exactly how to do it :)
Old 26-11-2011, 03:56 AM
Master
It may help if you can acknowledges & salute the good and the wonderfulness inside yourself. I guess we've all heard of breathing in the 'good' and exhaling out the 'bad' ~ but there is a breathing exercise / affirmation type thing where you breathe IN the negative and transform it by exhaling it, having turned the 'bad' to good ~ for example, the negative people where I worked......I breathed in their negative attitudes and breathed out rainbows, lollipops and roses kind of thing. You actually work at visualising these types of things (whatever works for you).

Old 26-11-2011, 04:25 AM
Master
writeincolor... The reason we get stuck is because we are fighting against something... usually some negative thoughts and feelings in our mind. Resisting doesn't allow our feelings and energies to move as they need to for our natural flow in life.

Rather than trying to protect from negativity we can turn around and face it with acceptance and compassion. This is what heals and sets us free,
no matter what our environment is like.

The meditation exercise Silvergirl described is a good way, and here's how:
Your Transforming Heart - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread

Xan

Old 27-11-2011, 06:04 PM
Racer X

Quote:
Originally Posted by writeincolour
Hi there!

many thanks

USE IT!

Use this situation to understand what you are seeing. It may be your only oppurtunity to deeply come to understand the illusion of human suffering and 'sadness' when no outer reason for it is apparent is a sure sign of deep illusionary thinking. Some tools to aid:
"The Power Of Now by Eckhart Tolle"
"A Course In Miracles" by Foundation for Inner Freedom
"Man and His Symbols by Carl Jung"
"The Shadow Effect by Chopra, Ford and Williamson"

Old 28-11-2011, 08:39 AM
Master
I sort-of know what you mean, writeincolour. I live in the North and my daughter lives in Kent. Now I can visit her by rail using my OAP railcard or I can drive at double the cost. I drive and pay the price purely to avoid London. Dirty depressing place !

However, a while back I put together a talisman which has been described as "grounding and protection" by other people.
Print it out and keep it in your home I have an A4 print in a cheap picture frame on my lounge wall.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...s/04ab7c0d.jpg

It combines the Powers of the Lords of the Elements with the blessing of Mother Earth.
Old 13-12-2011, 12:22 AM
Experiencer
Ive lived in Hacknay, Dalston for 6 months. One of the worst places to live in London.

Got beatup by a group of thugs and experienced alot of crazy stuff there.

Overall had a good time though, bare in mind it's 6 month and not permanent. Try to learn something in your spare time, keep yourself occupied. Maybe you'll meet new people.
Old 18-12-2011, 12:11 AM
Knower
Are the surroundings depressing in any way?