Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 12-06-2016, 06:01 AM
Master
Social Religion

I didn't know what else to call it, right?

So, all those little religious significant things that get value-added to games and merchandise to attract our attentions...especially 'nerdy stuff'...

There's all of the 'Matrix Religion' and the 'Star-Trek Religion' even going as far as Zelda and the 'Triforce' Religion -oh the ENDLESS hours spent playing "Ocarina of Time!!! and "A Link To The Past"...*sigh*

Then there's all that stuff in Neon Genesis Evangelion and Death Note (Poor Light Yagami - felt sorry for him) - I am an anime freak as well and a bit of a 'weeaboo' at certain times...at certain times...

Then there's all the religious significance of playing cards and I remember an old song my granpa taught me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmp3TF1DFZ8
Please listen to it! Please!!

Anyway, there's some deep, spiritual truth in a lot of this gaming and anime stuff, from NERV's 'Human Instrumentality Project' to defeating Ganondorf at the end of the game.

Once you defeat the big 'boss monster' you kinda feel sad once the game is over because you really enjoyed playing it...*sigh*

Ah well, time to wait for the sequel to come out. Cheers.
Old 12-06-2016, 09:03 AM
Master
D&D, M:tG, ASL.....a few more examples of cultural religions.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 12-06-2016, 09:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
D&D, M:tG, ASL.....a few more examples of cultural religions.
I'll spill it out - I think at this point I should also mention L5R and a card game called Yu-Gi-Oh which was a hobby/passion of mine for 10 years - the Seal of Orichalcos led me to look into Thelema and hermetic practices briefly, but I just had too much on my 'mental plate' at the time.

It answers the question to something "Kaballic thing" I was trying to get at the other day though - nice one!

However, I ran a FIEND deck with Dark Necrofear "Lilith", Dark Ruler Ha Des, Belial Marquis of Darkness, Summoned Skull I had all the four corners of hell represented within that beautiful deck, my friend...there was Great Maju Garzett (Baphomet) and a couple of the "Fallen Angels" (but not Marie) and all of the hellish Spells and Traps one could think of...the whole symbology was totally exquisite!..didn't win many tournaments though. lol
Old 05-08-2016, 05:46 PM
Knower
I think there are pretty deep fiction-religions, or fiction-spirituality, and while it's obviously a product of a imagination as a whole, it can serve as a source of inspiration.