Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 17-12-2016, 06:50 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfiewhitnell
My mom is a strong believer in Buddhism, but we find it so hard together.

We are peaceful people, but myself have very bad anger issues, when I see on my local news when people abuse animals or anything else that makes my blood boil, I know about how we shouldn't judge because we are all effected by how we was raised, but I do deep down really want to hurt these people... I don't think that's ever going to change.

How do people change that? I find it so hard, and I'm close to giving up.
Reminds me a question of a friend, 'Good person always being taken advantage by bad person. Why we should become a good person?'
It's not about being taken advantage or not being taken advantage, but it's the value of your self. When you choose to walk on the right path, that's your value.
I think that's the reason why you want to 'beat' your anger.

To 'beat' your anger is same like 'beat' your self. It's hard, because the biggest enemy in this universe is your self.
I can't give you advise where to start, because there's too many factors that you have to understand and realize it.
Try understand this,
If you hurt those people who abuse animals, what is the different between you and those people?
Big fish eat small fish, it's nature's law.
There's no justice in this world, because if it's fair for you, it doesn't mean it will be fair for others. And depends based on what mesurement is used so it called fair/justice. Because 'I' factor always play a role in it.
Everything have causality, karma.
You can't change the world, you only can change your self and you only can change how you see the world.

Try do/apply noble eightfold path in your daily life.
Hope it helps.

*note: Good person usually being taken advantage by bad person, but wise person can't being taken advantage by bad person
Old 19-12-2016, 07:33 PM
Newbie ;)

A Blessing in Disguise

Have you heard of "Compassionate Space"?

Its basically learning to increase the amount of time between a provocation and your reaction to it. When it comes time to work on one's own salvation it seems only the Gods know when we work on it. Maybe you are being given a hidden blessing by being given a strong adversary to wrestle with.

My point is that in the West body builders lift heavy weights to develop muscle. Maybe these near unbearable anger is given to you because this life is a time for you to struggle with it for years, developing a capacity for meditation and compassion, bringing you closer to Nirvanah.

We live in the world of form. Its just how it is now. I would point out what the Hindus say about it though that all we have to do is realize that even Now we are already enlightened. You have the capacity to live with this, and work on your salvation.

Just some thoughts.