Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 26-06-2018, 04:22 AM
Experiencer

Becoming a healer

So my guides have been telling me that my path is to be a healer and I have accepted. I had no clue what kind of healer I wanted to be because there are so many ways people need to be healed. I have finally found my healing path in Reiki. It covers everything I want to do right down to healing the earth. Finally, I have made a decision and for the first time I feel like it is the right one.

Any tips, advice, stories? All of it is welcome before I embark on this journey. Thank you all so much for giving me a place to share. <3

Namaste`
Old 26-06-2018, 12:17 PM
Badcopyinc

Have fun with it.
It’s a tall task and should be taken very seriously. Learning the history and the symbols and techniques can be overwhelming but is still a very enjoyable process.

I use all I’ve learned more on inanimate objects than I do people. Most of the healing work I do is via words. But I still find myself using energy occasionally to help when I can.

Always remember that it is not you healing another. It’s you waking up the self healer in others!
Old 26-06-2018, 03:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compendium
So my guides have been telling me that my path is to be a healer and I have accepted. I had no clue what kind of healer I wanted to be because there are so many ways people need to be healed. I have finally found my healing path in Reiki. It covers everything I want to do right down to healing the earth. Finally, I have made a decision and for the first time I feel like it is the right one.

Any tips, advice, stories? All of it is welcome before I embark on this journey. Thank you all so much for giving me a place to share. <3

Namaste`

Did you make a decision or did you let your "guides" make the decision for you and you just went along with it?

Reiki is a great place to start... But if you truly want to learn to help others heal, learn to heal yourself. In learning to heal yourself you will learn the ways to help others heal.
Old 26-06-2018, 04:17 PM
Experiencer

Thank you Badcopy I have looked into Reiki before. Now I am learning as much as I can before I start as far as the history goes and what the different symbols look like and mean and how they help.

Innerlight I have always been a healer of sorts. Wether it is advocating, listening to others, or fact checking Drs. I have been drawn to healing ever since I was little. From nursing sick animals back to health to helping others. I have always been drawn to healing so my guides I guess just nudged me along. I have also healed myself psychologically from all my trauma suffered as a child so I have walked that path too and it helps me to understand others who have been in that situation and need someone to talk to. It is also why I waited so long before embarking on this journey. I felt that unless I could heal my own trauma it wouldn't be a good idea to help guide others to healing themselves.

Namaste`
Old 28-06-2018, 10:36 AM
Suspended
Somethings to consider.. for healing there is work to be done.. you need to have some understanding of psychology or be able to understand people quiet well, an understanding of herbs, diet and healthy life style as well, also there is the healing of the chakras, going into them and cleansing them, theres also ancestral dna and even other life time stuff that can be looked at to understand why people may be going one way or the other or being drawn to certain things, theres dealing with things on an etheric level too that may be interfering, there is the wounds an traumas of individuals, the programming and blocks within them to be looked at, faced an dealt with, there is a purging process. True healing is the alchemical process of the self, a bio regenesis.. its a transformation, this is the type of work people need to be doing on themselves, especially if they want to assist others.
Old 29-06-2018, 04:20 AM
Experiencer

Just so everyone stops assuming I havent worked on myself.
I spent 17 yrs as a child being abused mentally, physically, and sexually by several different men. In fact my husband and my adopted grandfather are the only men In my life who have ever been kind to me. I spent another almost 20 yrs healing my trauma, all of it. I am at the point I have forgiven them and myself.

I have studied psychology and I have a pretty good grasp on mental illness and addiction.
I am not undertaking this journey by myself with just the internet and youtube to guide me, though I am using these avenues for research at the moment until I get to my destination. From there I will find a teacher who also understands the concepts of spirituality and that I am looking at helping people mind, body, and soul. I am also fairly medically knowledgeable and what I dont know about I know how to research things correctly.

My life has been leading me to this moment for this purpose since I was old enough to interact with the world. When I asked for advice I was expecting something regarding the different types of energy healing, something more supportive. Not "You need to work on yourself first" etc. I am sorry I even said anything at this point. :(
Old 29-06-2018, 06:55 AM
Suspended
Compendium, don't be sorry you said anything, I Didn't make assumptions like that an I Didn't mean to up Set you. I was sharing and I honestly Didn't even read any posts in the tread other then your first one, the original, so that's why I didn't see what you had mentioned before hand or anyone else.. sorry about that. I mentioned other things too other then the working on yourself part. Don't be discouraged, I hope your not. With my post I was just saying how there's more then one aspect to it, which I'm pritty sure you get though, ok. I'll pm you later aswell.
Old 29-06-2018, 03:00 PM
Master

Let me give you a 101 of what healing is.

Everyone has a source, and their connection to source is where their well-being flows from. When a person is disconnected to their own well-being they get sick. A healers job is to create a space where this well-being can flow back. All you truly need to do is place your hands on someone comfortably, and leave yourself out of the equation. Then you create space, and when there is space health flows in. Sure there are certainly different depth to this, and the more you do this, and listens in on what is going on, you learn and grow.

In your connection to source, your well-being, is already the healer you desire to be. So it is not that you need to heal yourself, you need to connect to your own well-being. The better you do this, the more you have to give, though as I wrote there is nothing you need to give.

With remote healing, most people connect mentally to someone rather than physically. Still it is the same thing that is going on, you create a space where health can flow in.

Hope it helps. Btw. the best healing comes when the healer already sees the sick as healthy, then just by your presence you create space.
Old 29-06-2018, 04:14 PM
Experiencer

Thank you Mel you described it perfectly. When I have done healings for my family and my animals I have opened myself up to be a conduit from Source. I have been steadfast in my intention and my gift to be a conduit. There are times though when I have failed and I think it has a lot to do with doubt in my ability. This is why I want to work with a teacher to help strengthen my foundation of trusting myself. Also I want to learn from someone who has experiance in different techniques.I already heal my family and myself of common aches and pains and headaches etc. I have also speed up recovery times an minimized side effects from surgical procedures.

Thank you so much.
Old 29-06-2018, 04:28 PM
Master

And no worries on that whole heal yourself first thing. Nobody really needs that. At source you are already whole, so you basically only need to practice your connection to source. In self healing, like normal psychology, where you talk about your pain, and dig deeper into those emotions, you are actually practicing disconnecting from your source of well-being. though it is true when a stuck emotion is released from your body, your ability to connect to source becomes greater. But practicing your connecting to source will release them by itself. and often in a shorter amount of time. Long story short, if healing others connects you to your source, then that is the best place for you to be; not only in your ability to help others, but also in your pursuit of creating better well-being for yourself.

Plus with more practice your doubt will gently dissolve, and you will be more in connection with source when doing your magic. Have fun on your journey