Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 17-06-2018, 11:14 PM
Newbie ;)

Healing

Hi Child of Summer...

I have noticed many great posts and ideas...I wanted to add about my own personal experience... I was sick for a long time, multiple issues... most of them stress related, however, many physical things... much pain... not totally healed but much better... this is what I did... meditate... however, with a mantra of perfect health... when you are really ill it is difficult to visualize, however do the best you can, be kind to yourself... see what comes up for you...thank is a message from God, the Universe, whatever you believe... if you receive a message, something comes up, especially 2 or three times, you think hmmm.... check into it... it will be an answer... might be part of the puzzle, but will be helpful... it could be a good, a doctor, a practitioner, etc. you will be guided to whatever you need... you could have multiple things going on, so it could take a while... from what I read, it sounds to me like you could have parasites or candida issues... you might check out candida crusher and read the candida cure... also check out Dr Clark's website... many great products... perhaps you could find a kinesiologist/chiropractor who does muscle testing to see what comes up for them with your illness...or a functional doctor like dr axe (you might read his blogs, lots of great things)...if you are in pain, try colon hydrotherapy... I was in so much pain, muscles, bones, my whole body... did it for a year plus twice a week and the pain is now totally gone... while I think much of it is diet related, there are probably other things that you might find helpful... God always has answers for us... I am pretty much totally healed now and feel pretty good, but have been in much pain, so have a deep understanding and empathy for you... you might also try energy work...I am a Reiki Master, and found that helped me so much with regard to my mind... also try candle meditation, but make sure you blow it out before you actually meditate... feel free to reach out to me if I can be of help... namaste my friend...
Old 18-06-2018, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator
How are you feeling at the moment, ChildOfSummer?

There are many kind and helpful people on the forum, many of whom have or have had health issues of their own and understand what it's like. So remember you are not alone.
Kind thoughts to you.
Tobi.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:21 AM
Experiencer

You might look at Why Isn't My Brain Working by Datis Kharrazian. I have it in paperback--it's a thick book, which can be overwhelming if you don't feel well, but the paperback is my favorite. I also have it on audible and kindle. I am using all three sources.

The first thing Kharrazian suggests is getting blood sugar balanced.

The book has case studies which are inspiring.

You might look for a practitioner trained by this guy, if you can. If you can't, just take it slow, one thing at a time. Start with balancing blood sugar.

Best of luck to you.
Old 29-10-2018, 03:55 PM
Pathfinder

hi there, have you looked at gerson therapy, have a look on the gerson institutes web site to see if they can help you.

You have nothing to fear but fear itself

Alan Turing: Sometimes it is the people no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.
Old 30-10-2018, 10:27 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Welcome to the forums, my dear one and know that you are loved.

This whole thing could be my own autobiography and it has been only recently that I have decided to become more pro-active in my own health and recovery.

Fibromyalgia, M.E, PTSD, Autism and going through what seems to be an endless "Dark Night Of The Soul" in trying to gain acceptance, understanding and yet, living with all this, took me off to see my Neurologist.

Turns out, I have a major clinical depression which is overriding and overruling all attempts to progress spiritually and I have been placed on 'better meds' and so, I feel that a visit to a health care practitioner is essential just to get the ball rolling.

Gentle exercise like low impact yoga is great...and trust me, I know how difficult that is, when even the simple act of having a shower wipes you out for the rest of the day, but fear not! I came across a very beautiful soul on Youtube about a month ago, who is also going through this:

As for Adrenal Fatigue...yup, I have that too and here is some advice from Dr. Axe that is helping me:

I have also recently been taking Rhodiola, Ashwaghanda, Korean Ginseng, Licorice Root and Reishi mushrooms and notice a slight improvement when I am regular in taking them...but I haven't been lately (due to the depression) and need to get into a routine.

Also, if you have a peptic ulcer (I have a duodenal hernia), alkalising your system is great, with some apple cider vinegar and/or alkaline water. I discovered this water in my supermarket two days ago called "Alka-Power" (Ionic Alkaline Water) and I have noticed that I can drink more of that than regular spring water...and keeping well hydrated is essential.

It is important that you are also not too hard and critical with yourself based upon your illnesses or what others say. I'd love to have a penny for every time I hear "you're making this all up" or "you are only seeking attention" from those who do not understand what is going on and so now, I have a 'medical certificate' from my neurologist I like to flash around; asking others for their credentials in respect to it and it quickly shuts them up.

Also, grounding is very important. I prefer the term 'distraction' over 'grounding' as it describes it better for me. Have an Epsom Salts bath, go for a barefoot walk in nature and touch the plants and trees, colour in some mandalas, listen to guided meditations...like this one:

I still have a long way to go myself...and I realise it is all rather daunting, but just take it in small steps...even if you only do 10-15 minutes a day to start...then after a while, when you get stronger, you can build this up to 45 minutes to an hour.

I wish you all the best and sending Light your way.

I think this is excellent advice. I am "only" 4 months into fatigue illness that the doctors don't know what to do with. And been frustrated with suggestions that it's all psychosomatic. Be that as it may, the mental aspect plays a big part. Depression is perhaps not unavoidable, but the spectre of its possibility probably is. Managing your psychological health in the face of all of it is a big thing - and when that goes up, I found a lot of the physical symptoms began to ease up too.

Physical approaches work really well, imo. Gentle walks. Just getting outside really and look at a tree and smell fresh air. For me, simply having a to-do list everyday works really well - I intentionally make it too big for me to go through in a day (meaning I can't fail at it), and I put stuff I need to do and also stuff I want to do in it too, like watching netflix, or cosying up with tea under a blanket, or sleeping during the day. The point is, with a list like that life isn't just happening to me while sick and tired. I choose how my day goes, and ergo my life, consciously, even if I have to do in conforming to some conditions that are far from what I would like them to be ideally.
Old 31-10-2018, 12:09 AM
Super Moderator
Self help with ME/CFS is often a case of management; of how one can manage a whole new routine, and limited abilities in many directions. There are strategies that can help, but adapting to the illness can be a difficult thing to do.

There is also an element of grieving involved. And so many unshed tears, for the life that used to be, for the happiness in simple things, like food, fresh air, a walk, a good sleep....etc And for some -to be able to share a birthday or a holiday with the family. Such events can be impossible to do.

I sincerely hope that one day soon, this illness will be fully researched and understood, and that treatment solutions can be found, on an individual patient basis.

Meanwhile those of us with this, are in a position to recall that it's "not about what happens to us, but rather what we create out of it."
I have heard of severely affected people who are totally bed bound, cannot bear light or noise (no Netflix....no visits from granchildren....no sweet music they used to love....and very little food they can tolerate...) -and alone in the darkness and silence, and more or less abandoned by the medical profession, they create sweet thoughts, works of imagination that will never be seen by anybody, landscapes of the mind...
They are true heroes in my opinion.

If you can get out for gentle walks, enjoy some things -do it. But NEVER push beyond your limits. The body will usually give little signs. At the first sign, stop and rest.

I wish you well and may you continue to improve I hope.