Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 08-03-2014, 07:47 AM
Winter

Afterlife Question: Please Help.

Hello. I just got finished reading a book called "The Afterliffe Unveiled" by Stafford Betty. It is a collection of documented channelings...and based on these dcoments, the author sums of life on the "other side". Great book, highly recommended.

Anyway, the book is pretty accurate, based on everything I have researched on the subject, except for one theme. I have been struggling with this inconsistancy for a while now, and look for more knowledgeable people to help me with this. The author states that when die, our spirits maintain all of the quirks and habits that we had as humans. In other words, we do not transform into more knowledgeable beings as spirits. If we were ignorant and selfish as humans, then we remain ignorant and selfish as spirits, until we further develop ourselves. Where we leave off as humans right up to the point of death, is where we pick things up as spirits. An alcoholic human for example, will still be an alcoholic as a spirit and will wander around its old drinking spots.

The problem with this theory in my opinion, is that it is in conflict with the theme of reincarnation, and the veil of forgetfulness. Why would I remain the same as my last human life, as a spirit, when I have lived countless lives? I would be more knowledgeable as a spirit, because I have lived countless lives, and already am familiar with life on the other side. I wouldnt just pick up right where I left offf right? We are ignorant as humans because before we are born, our memories are wiped clean and we begin our lives. But upon death, that veil of forgetfulness is lifted.

The author also states that there are many kids in the 4th density. Human kids that have died, and remain kids as spirits. I find this also contrary to all the other research I have done on the topic. Why would a kid remain a kid when he has lived numerous lives? It doesn't make sense.

Thoughts?
Old 08-03-2014, 09:07 AM
Master
The author doesn't seam to know the difference between the non physical earth realm and the astral realm.
In the non physical earth realm, yes you have still all the attributes of your humanness and there are children for the same reason, but it is not 4D it has the same vibration as this reality and lower.
Once we cross over to the astral realm we leave all this behind, to say it in a very simple way.
Then we are in a 4D environment.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:08 AM
primrose

Hi Winter, welcome, your questions are valid, I hope those more knowledgable
than me can answer them.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator
I can't say I am an expert but I have heard we hold onto remnants of our personality but we are all knowing so there isn't the negative connotations attached to them. I know personally I have held onto a belief about myself through many lifetimes and it was only in this lifetime I am finally confronting it. I don't know how I viewed the issue while I was in the afterlife but this does prove to me that we can bring things/issues with us through many lives until we resolve it. But essentially the idea is that our soul is made up of all the different personalities we have been. No one personality dominates because we are a melding of many aspects. So those are my beliefs and understandings.

As for what is truth or not I have heard it said and this makes perfect sense to me that when we channel we are only allowed to receive information that alines with our belief systems at the time. Otherwise it would conflict with our free wills. So the author has a belief in what he says and as such that is what information was delivered to him. But maybe it is like the Bible. Information is put in front of us but we only interpret it based on our understanding which is why there can be so many differing views about the same subject. It is our minds and beliefs that fill in the blanks and define what we believe things to mean.
Old 08-03-2014, 03:11 PM
Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
The author doesn't seam to know the difference between the non physical earth realm and the astral realm.
In the non physical earth realm, yes you have still all the attributes of your humanness and there are children for the same reason, but it is not 4D it has the same vibration as this reality and lower.
Once we cross over to the astral realm we leave all this behind, to say it in a very simple way.
Then we are in a 4D environment.

So the non physical earth realm is sort of like the borderlands? The transition stage?

This is the direct quote from the book:

"The newly "dead" are thoroughly themselves when they pass. Their personalities and habits and character, for better or worse, are completely intact. Nothing miraculous happens when they pass."

and also:

"Spirits are not omniscient. They do not get the answers to all the questions that puzzled them back on earth. Many fail to grasp their condition, some refuse to believe the have died"

What you said above makes sense though. I have reached out to the author via email, so I will report back on his take.

Also the so called Veil of Forgetfulness...when does it get lifted? Once we hit the Astral Plane?
Old 08-03-2014, 03:23 PM
Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
I can't say I am an expert but I have heard we hold onto remnants of our personality but we are all knowing so there isn't the negative connotations attached to them. I know personally I have held onto a belief about myself through many lifetimes and it was only in this lifetime I am finally confronting it. I don't know how I viewed the issue while I was in the afterlife but this does prove to me that we can bring things/issues with us through many lives until we resolve it. But essentially the idea is that our soul is made up of all the different personalities we have been. No one personality dominates because we are a melding of many aspects. So those are my beliefs and understandings.

Well what I have believed for a long time (not so sure anymore) is that we are fully advanced souls on the "other side"...not all knowing, but certainly more knowing than when we are humans. We review are past lives in the after life, then choose a certain theme to work on (like the beleif about your self that you mentioned). You are born, then your memory is wiped clean. You have a lifetime to work on it, and if you don't, then you come back to try again. So again, the spirit is higher than the human, and can see from a elevated perspective how silly our beliefs and traits are.

Also the spirit realm is not some mysterious place that we have never seen before (like the author in the book conveys). I was under the impression we have been there countless times, and in fact, that is our true home, and the only reason we come here is to progress.
Old 08-03-2014, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter
Well what I have believed for a long time (not so sure anymore) is that we are fully advanced souls on the "other side"...not all knowing, but certainly more knowing than when we are humans. We review are past lives in the after life, then choose a certain theme to work on (like the beleif about your self that you mentioned). You are born, then your memory is wiped clean. You have a lifetime to work on it, and if you don't, then you come back to try again. So again, the spirit is higher than the human, and can see from a elevated perspective how silly our beliefs and traits are.

Also the spirit realm is not some mysterious place that we have never seen before (like the author in the book conveys). I was under the impression we have been there countless times, and in fact, that is our true home, and the only reason we come here is to progress.

I am more aligned with what you perceive than the author as well though I do still think we keep remenants of all the personalities we have been because they carry knowledge and experience that we never truly lose but yes I do think we work on a concept at a time until we get it right and our higher-selves are much more enlightened then we can perceive when we are here. Anyways, I have read countless books that have concepts in them that I agree with and disagree with at the same time. We are all a little blind so none of us will have all the answers. Just follow your own instincts on what you feel is truth and that is all that matters. It sounds like your thoughts are grounded in a good place.
Old 08-03-2014, 05:05 PM
alhambra

Just be content to know that you dont know, thats enough.
Old 08-03-2014, 05:35 PM
Master
My understanding has been that the personality traits of the person remain the same--e.g. They tend to be serious or kidders, they are energetic or withdrawn. And they may retain some of their beliefs--and the experiences they've had.

But IDK how one could be surrounded by higher energy and not have some of it "rub off". And, as someone else pointed out, we have the advantage of a higher perspective.

I think you're right to question this. It may not be literally what he meant also.

Lora
Old 08-03-2014, 06:30 PM
Master

I think some people do stay earth bound , haunt the places they knew while alive . I think most know there dead and need to go on with there after life , reincarnation or one of the astral planes , based on there personal karma . I think even the earth bound ghosts see the light after a peord of time and move on .